Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall - no news coverage about recent events?

furidiamfuridiam Member UncommonPosts: 137

Just wondering if anyone knows why there is so little coverage about whats going on with darkfall atm. I cant remember the last time a company said they "might" wipe servers with the next expansion/new game. They have also been doing the tip toe dance of more info/release date next week for the last 4 months.

Keep in mind this is also the expansion that was last titled darkfall 2010 hehe. So why no coverage by any of the MMO sites on this? I would think it would be interesting news at the least

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Darkfall is long past anyone really caring, today its all about GW2, SWTOR, TSW, TERA, and a few others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

perhaps becaue tasos, or what his name was, usually talks on and on, and then nothing happens for a few years?

:)

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

because no one cares?

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Kyleran

Darkfall is long past anyone really caring, today its all about GW2, SWTOR, TSW, TERA, and a few others.

Except for a few die hards I think this is pretty much the truth. 

DF would have to find a new audience for their game to have a succesfull relaunch which would mean changing the rule set from Full Loot FFA PVP which will never happen so ya their pretty much a non factor in the world of MMOs.  Same as Mortal ONline.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

Welcome to the world of major media, in this day and age news is all about flash heck my Packers won the Superbowl last year and all people want to talk about are the Eagles,Patriots,Colts,Chargers.

Now I'm not comparing DF to the Pack because if DF was a football team they would be the Bengals and there is the last reason why no one mentions it a small portion of the games population and largely the history of the game has made many people not care one way or another about what is going on with this game.

• furidiamfuridiam Member UncommonPosts: 137

I just think it is a little odd that a MMO talking about a char wipe after being released for 2 years would not be brought up at all in the MMO news. I have been playing mmo's for years and not 1 game crosses my mind that did it.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

In my opinion "because of GamesCom" would be a good excuse. ;)