Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Had a nighttime session on a trial account....

VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

...and it was surprisingly fun!

Starting with a Warlock/Necro until lvl 12, then switching to a Chloro/Archon and later Stormcaller/Elementalist when i run out of money. Buying the last soul, i had 12silver left and was wondering about the little damage the Stormcaller does. I realized that i should probably go and get the latest spell ranks which at that time i couldnt afford anymore :)

Alltogether it was an entertaining gaming session i which i didn't follow the strict leveling patch, but found myself more often than not straying from the beaten track just to kill some mobs and battling against these water invasions everywhere. With some patience and kiting I was able to solo them. I guess this mixing it up instead of linear leveling is the way one should play Rift.

On the downside, i've not met another single player on that pvp-server.. Maybe it was the strange time i've been playing, maybe the lowbie zones are really that deserted.

The game run about decent if you lower your expectations. Down to 25fps, average 50, but all settings maxed beyond ultra on 1920x1080. Strangely it made no difference if my CPU run at 3.2 stock or 3.8 OC. The graphics are outright beautiful and worth to stop and watch the scenery.

I will shurely keep an eye on that game and once 1.5 hits probably give it a month, now that the CE (key only) goes for 18Eur on Ebay all the time.

Comments

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

What server what is? I know Trion has servers reserved for trial players only.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

A german pvp server named Rhazade or similar. Not a trial-server, though.

Couple of weeks ago when i had a 7day trial, i was only able to create a character on one of those trial-servers. They seem to have changed this, a few days ago i could create chars everywhere and thought to check out the population on a regular server.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by VoIgore

A german pvp server named Rhazade or similar. Not a trial-server, though.

Couple of weeks ago when i had a 7day trial, i was only able to create a character on one of those trial-servers. They seem to have changed this, a few days ago i could create chars everywhere and thought to check out the population on a regular server.

I wish i could point you iun the right direction but i play on NA shards.

its much easier for us because we only have like two or three shards like that. Its pretty amazing how many people play in NA.

Sorry.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing