Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Eternity Vault Developer Walkthrough Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

LucasArts and Bioware have released a new developer-led walkthrough of the Eternity Vault. Watch as a group of players work their way towards the prison gates in the opening section.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Hmm so yea, WoW with lightsabers not so far off then lol.

• TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

*Yawn*

Yet another walkthrough of something we've seen before. Which one is this - smoke? or mirrors? I can never remember.

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT THE GAME HAS TO OFFER!!!!

OUT WITH THE FREAKIN RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUYING IT NO MATTER WHAT so......

• alias333alias333 Member UncommonPosts: 24

at gamescom they showed this vault and ppl couldnot pass this boss. no devs decided to show ppl how they are cool and killed boss? woooow we should say thanks or what?

you didnot needed fucking 10 min to kill this boss, you coulda just insta push 1 comand and it will be over.

now give us something new,give s release date or beta test date,talk about craft and raid gear wich will be better and wich will be endgame or something at least we dont know.

• LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155

So i"m expected to watch an preceding  ad, for the privilege of watching what is essentially another ad (for a game). No thanks.

You can watch it on Youtube here with no annoying ads.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

What a suprise, MMORPG.COM posters are not happy. What do you all want, people? EVE ships to come down and gang rape the mobs?

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

The game hasnt even come out yet and they are already telling us how to down content? Really now come on, you think that just based off of the people who played the game at gamescon (people with no experience in what there doing) you need tto show the rest of the world how to do it? 

Come on Bioware give people a challenge.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Athillian

The game hasnt even come out yet and they are already telling us how to down content? Really now come on, you think that just based off of the people who played the game at gamescon (people with no experience in what there doing) you need tto show the rest of the world how to do it? 

Come on Bioware give people a challenge.

They showed the first boss. Its the same with Flashpoints, they are only giving a glimpse into the game.

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

This game is very very very far from being ready to take a crowd of people and hold their interest for more then 2 months.

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• SpandexDroidSpandexDroid Member Posts: 277

Boss is doing too much damage...and I don't wanna hide behind srtuctures.  I just wanna PWNZ....or nerf the boss of buff the healing abilitiez LOL

• daisdais Member UncommonPosts: 95

I kind of have to agree with the first poster.  This looks like WoW with lightsabers. Tank, heals, ranged dps, melee dps (and look, this fight is even unfriendly to melee :)  )  Burn phase on the boss, don't stand in fire, LOS when doing aoe attack, whack a mole with players health. 

I think I am still going to give this game a try as I love the Star Wars universe, and I want this game to succeed.  On the flip side though I haven't seen anything really innovative (at least in this video), and it will only take players 2-3 months to realize they are playing the same game as (insert wow, rift, wow-clone) they already have been.

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Wow, looks far better than GW2, can't wait for release!

• gimmesomegimmesome Member Posts: 362

Umm..  Let me just say, this video solidified my disgust in this game.        They won't even get my box sale now, let alone my subscription.   If i wanna run raids all day for uber shoulders and glowing swords and chaotic scripted battles where no one can tell whats going on because of the over-abundance of particle effects and ability(rotation) spamming, I'd just play WoW.

This isn't what Star Wars is about.   This isn't what made Star Wars great.  This just isn't Star Wars.

I liked the Space Cutscene though, I suppose.  It would be nice if more MMO's put some cinematics in like that.    But, then they landed on the planet, and Arthas/Lich King started talking smack to them...    or, whoever that was in the vault.   Don't act like you didn't notice the similarity...    

What a non-humorous joke.   

I'm just glad so many people are eating this up.   The GW2 and Archage servers will be free of these fan-'people'

I hope, for BioWare's sake, that the elusive release date is no where near any competitor's release date.

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Nice clip, the raid looks better than I was expecting, far better in fact. 

• AthillianAthillian Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by gimmesome

Umm..  Let me just say, this video solidified my disgust in this game.        They won't even get my box sale now, let alone my subscription.   If i wanna run raids all day for uber shoulders and glowing swords and chaotic scripted battles where no one can tell whats going on because of the over-abundance of particle effects and ability(rotation) spamming, I'd just play WoW.

This isn't what Star Wars is about.   This isn't what made Star Wars great.  This just isn't Star Wars.

I liked the Space Cutscene though, I suppose.  It would be nice if more MMO's put some cinematics in like that.    But, then they landed on the planet, and Arthas/Lich King started talking smack to them...    or, whoever that was in the vault.   Don't act like you didn't notice the similarity...    

I'm just glad so many people are eating this up.   The GW2 and Archage servers will be free of these fan-'people'

I hope, for BioWare's sake, that the elusive release date is no where near any competitor's release date.

Though I will be giving the game a try I do agree with you.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

You have been deceived. Looks nice but....

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Athillian

Though I will be giving the game a try I do agree with you.

It's indeed too much a copy of Wow. It's certainly the NGE LA wanted but it's 6 years too late.

(Edit: I did order the CE though, mostly because it has SW written on top of it)

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

I agree with the first poster as well concerning the WoW with Lightsabers comment. I still plan to play this because it's made by Bioware and it's Star Wars, but if it was any other MMO I wouldn't even think twice about not playing it.

You seen all those hotkeys? I know I barely get to see the combat going on, since my vision is glued to the hotbars, making sure I maximize my rotation by hitting the abilities when they come up. I'm definitely more excited for Guild Wars 2 and The Secret World's combat system, since it seems like I'll actually get to watch my character fight.

• WilliacWilliac Member Posts: 212

This is weak. They've milked EV dry by now... Come on

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Looks like fun. No stadard tank and spank.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Originally posted by Williac

This is weak. They've milked EV dry by now... Come on

Yeah I was disappointed too. Seen this already.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• jarbyjarby Member Posts: 77

hmm, wow,no?

• jarbyjarby Member Posts: 77

or may be even closer to rift

• EvilkanebelEvilkanebel Member Posts: 20

We seen enough of the PvE content, lets get more into the PvP aspect of the game. It's great to do a mission in endgame for whatever reason, however I am curious about the journey to level cap and how many Republics will be slayed.

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 574

If i wanna run raids all day for uber shoulders and glowing swords and chaotic scripted battles where no one can tell whats going on because of the over-abundance of particle effects and ability(rotation) spamming, I'd just play WoW.

Well u could play it for other things like for the hopes of non-horrible pvp xD

Honestly though Raids are always horrible no matter which game, they are scripted events that can be countered by a script, there is no skill or anything to them, u just have to follow a line of predermined commands and win. Apparently most people think its HAAARDDCOOOAAAR if you kill a raid boss even though they did nothing of value