Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still a good old game with latest and the worst crafting in mmo

I am playing both Lotro and DDO from time to time because I do not want to try  a so-so quality mmo like AION for 3 months then back to Lotro or DDO again, Lotro has been improved quite a lot with new interface and they look really good than before. And the crafting recipes window look very professional as well. They really do a good job. But compare with the same product owned by Turbine, the crafting in DDO could be one of the worst crafting in mmorpg history.

I have never seen so poor management in crafting, I hope DDO should spend something not on DDO Store Promotions, they really should do least thiing to make the crafting like a modern renewed game. If people like the crafting interface as well as in-game recipes, people would spend more money in the store.

Comments

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

I havent played DDO, but if we're trying to find the worst crafting in mmos I'll sign Global agenda up (atleast it was the worst when the game launched)

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

I don´t mind the crafting in DDO.. it is very different from most games where you make an item that has standard stats.   I like the fact that I can use crafting to fill holes in my gear or to create very specific gear for certain adventures.

The interface is a little bulky and slow, but I like the fact that I can select the weapon type, along with materal it is made from, then add whatever prefix or suffix I want to it.   I like that I could add ácid resist´ to a piece of gear to help me with certain mobs.

• sdrockysdrocky Member Posts: 3

I dont agree with you about the crafting. I spend hours in the crafting hall and find i can make pretty much any magical item i like to fill the needs of the particular quest im going on. For instance. Fighting fire elementals. Go make a  +2 flaming bastard sword of elemental bane. Going Giant hunting. Go make a +2 thundering bastard sword of giant bane.

Doing the pit. Go and make boots of permenant feather fall.

I love the Cannith Crafting hall.

Your also forgeting that (as stated when entering the hall) Cannith crafting is still in live beta.

I love DDO

Ill not bother with anything else.

Finlingist

Hunters of Wayfinder