Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yes - Second!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

We're number 2, we're number 2, we're number 2.   LOL  coolness, a Wildstar forum!

I cannot wait to see what Carbine has for us with this game.   It definitely looks interesting.    I have so many questions and I even wrote them to see if they would be kind enough to answer some of them...no reply back yet.   :(

I mean, did they make their own game engine for WildStar or are they using a game engine like the HeroEngine from Simutronics?  

What type of subcription system are they thinking of going with - f2p or monthly fee? 

Will there be a cash item shop that NCSoft is known for?

In fact I have dozens of questions to ask them about this game.  ::sigh::  Looks so very cool.   Yet we know so little about it.  There isn't much info at there website yet.   Come on Carbine...time is a wasting....move it...move it...move it...you're burning daylight!  

Comments

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

I just hope this goes p2p or a freemium model like Lotro or AoC...if not it's a fail to me !! But i can allmost bet that NCSoft will go for a p2p model with some cash shop items like Aion. =)

• whimsyontapwhimsyontap Member Posts: 1

This looks amazing!  My only worry is that there will be enough character customization with only 3 classes.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by Teala

We're number 2, we're number 2, we're number 2.   LOL  coolness, a Wildstar forum!

I cannot wait to see what Carbine has for us with this game.   It definitely looks interesting.    I have so many questions and I even wrote them to see if they would be kind enough to answer some of them...no reply back yet.   :(

I mean, did they make their own game engine for WildStar or are they using a game engine like the HeroEngine from Simutronics?  

What type of subcription system are they thinking of going with - f2p or monthly fee? 

Will there be a cash item shop that NCSoft is known for?

In fact I have dozens of questions to ask them about this game.  ::sigh::  Looks so very cool.   Yet we know so little about it.  There isn't much info at there website yet.   Come on Carbine...time is a wasting....move it...move it...move it...you're burning daylight!  

Your like me excited and can't wait for more info.

Hoo Yah !

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Looking foward to this game and hoping it will be Pay To Play.

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

The game looks like a great copy of WoW.I never said that about a MMO before but Wildstar looks like a WoW clone for sure.With just 3 races and classes that is a bad start for a new MMO.

Gameplay video

http://youtu.be/4f6pGEkSACI?hd=1

• MorbidCurioMorbidCurio Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by Mannish

Looking foward to this game and hoping it will be Pay To Play.

Woot for the Pay to Play bump!

I'd rather just spend a flat amount every month and know that my friends and I are always going to be on the same page in terms of what we have access to.

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

I wasnt too impressed overall...looks like another casual quest hub game designed to be finished solo. Sure it has some scifi cosmetic appeal but thats about it.

Originally posted by Maelkor

I wasnt too impressed overall...looks like another casual quest hub game designed to be finished solo. Sure it has some scifi cosmetic appeal but thats about it.

Great points!!

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

the more you guys learn about the game the more youll see how different it is from a classic tab lock hotkey rotation mmo.  the in game animations are also second to none in an mmo, it truely looks and feels like your playinzg a high grade animated cartoon.  

go to wildstar central and just look at the in game videos taken, it might be more of an eye opener

• UrzaKeFrostgardUrzaKeFrostgard Member UncommonPosts: 16

but...

is it just me or does the graphic reminds me of playing WoW?

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

I find it funny that some people want this to be P2P, can't a good game be a good game regardless of what payment model it has?

This is not a game.

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107

Originally posted by Zeroxin

I find it funny that some people want this to be P2P, can't a good game be a good game regardless of what payment model it has?

In theory, yes.  In practice, the track record is admittedly not too good.

Anyway, overall I am optimistic about this game but like a few others I'm worried about the level of customization demonstrated so far.  Without taking the "Paths" (Soldier, Explorer, Scientist, and Settler) into consideration we only have nine possible character combinations (three races times three classes) so... there hopefully are races and classes we haven't seen yet or the four paths impact your character in more ways then has been revealed so far.  Granted, with what we've seen so far we have Tank, DPS, and AoE caster roles covered but at the same time that's only a narrow sliver of roles. 

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

I feel the same way. The hybrid genre alone is enough to at least raise most people's eyebrows. It makes you want to play it. It makes you want to teleport to the top of a monstrous baddie's head and fire off a cataclysmic charge from your dual flintlock pistols right through its brain.

Originally posted by UrzaKF

but...

is it just me or does the graphic reminds me of playing WoW?

They do for sure!

• GameDevJakeGameDevJake Member Posts: 27

From what Ive learned, the graphics engine is something they created for Wildstar when they started working on it about 4 years back. That could be wrong, but its what was referenced in a Q/A at Gamescom.

WS Art Style = WoW, I regretfully agree with, but from the screens and gameplay footage available, it looks 900x more polished than WoWs. Id say its more similar to SWTOR than WoW.

Glad to hear youre excited Teala! Me too!