Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubisoft in Sweden are working on a AAA MMORPG

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

an earlier story claimed Ubisoft has 5 mmogs in development

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6262941.html

• aquafusiondnaquafusiondn Member Posts: 27

Since Ubisoft is DRM-happy. I wonder if they release the mmo with addons support, I have a feeling they will put drm on all addons. oh shoot... I give them the idea! *hides from angry MMORPG mobs*

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

Online games intrinsically have your needing to connect to the company's servers in order to play the game.  That by itself offers all the DRM they could possibly want, with no need to tack on more.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

What is AAA? Seriously, has this been defined yet?

It's as misleading as a hot chick on facebook.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by aquafusiondn

Since Ubisoft is DRM-happy. I wonder if they release the mmo with addons support, I have a feeling they will put drm on all addons. oh shoot... I give them the idea! *hides from angry MMORPG mobs*

Umm making any game an entirely online experience like an MMO is the ultimate in DRM solutions. It requires "always on internet connection" and usually (in B2P/P2P games) a game key of some type that is permenantly associated with your account.

• aquafusiondnaquafusiondn Member Posts: 27

I know MMO do require a constant internet connection. I am not talking about the DRM on the game. I am talking about the DRM inside the game like addons. I thought it will be funny if Ubisoft decided to add DRM on all addons like making sure they are being paid for or making sure the addons is doing what it suppose to. Plus we all know that Ubisoft is very extremely super duper DRM-happy. Wouldn't be surprise if they add DRM around addons.

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

Originally posted by Destai

It's 20 million dollars spent for each A. Doesn't matter what you spend the money on...you could buy 60 million dollars worth of clueless conventional-wisdom-junkie developer blowing smoke up your rear...and technically you've got a "AAA" MMO. Actually...that's what most companies do, strangly enough.

Once you get to three, you can spend all you want, there are no more A's. Some say the smoke feels quite good, though.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by Destai

It means its highest quality and douzens of millions of investment before release.