Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exploits and Hacking talked about.

MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

I thought this should be linked in here also..

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4405877/thread/324978#4405877

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Originally posted by Moreplex

SV do really need to fix this issue, its so difficult sometimes to actually prove people are using it and sometimes rather obvious

the no foilage exploit was not first discovered by aq, it was discovered by another guild who were seemingly spotting aq in and aronud the dense foilage of kranesh area as if there wasnt any. After this aq tried to replicated this and we discovered it actually did work. Soupie posted a pciture of it over on irc showing it was possible and this is what said guild was doing.

However blackmage, a well known exploiter previously banned 3 times from mo (why they let him back i dont know) and the person responsible for this post  is in a guild who regularly exploit both bugs, in quite a famous insident a member of his guild (argo) setup a live stream to record his daily activities in his live stream everyone noticed he had his foilage disabled, after we all spotted it blackmage quickly made a post on his live stream saying you have your foilage disabled quick stop streaming and Hilarity ensued. Later on his guild (argo) were found carrying wooden bows with their normal bows we quickly learned they were usuing some kind of exploit with their bows to fire them extremely quickly as if they were wooden, they were also later using the same method to use it with melee weapons also. We until we watched this video had no clue how they were doing it or at least i didnt. He and his guild have a long history of being the main group of exploiters fonud in mo, whilst i cant speak for everyone in aq i do know that i or any of the top pvpers in aq do not use either of these exploits. Also as far as i know bushes cannot be disabled.

for me at least dying is never an issue, i wouldnt sacrifice the look of the game to claim a small advantage in pvp and im agaisnt cheating in general. The sad truth is though that this sort of thing does happen

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• pockets666pockets666 Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by deathshroud

SV do really need to fix this issue, its so difficult sometimes to actually prove people are using it and sometimes rather obvious

the no foilage exploit was not first discovered by aq, it was discovered by another guild who were seemingly spotting aq in and aronud the dense foilage of kranesh area as if there wasnt any. After this aq tried to replicated this and we discovered it actually did work. Soupie posted a pciture of it over on irc showing it was possible and this is what said guild was doing.

However blackmage, a well known exploiter previously banned 3 times from mo (why they let him back i dont know) and the person responsible for this post  is in a guild who regularly exploit both bugs, in quite a famous insident a member of his guild (argo) setup a live stream to record his daily activities in his live stream everyone noticed he had his foilage disabled, after we all spotted it blackmage quickly made a post on his live stream saying you have your foilage disabled quick stop streaming and Hilarity ensued. Later on his guild (argo) were found carrying wooden bows with their normal bows we quickly learned they were usuing some kind of exploit with their bows to fire them extremely quickly as if they were wooden, they were also later using the same method to use it with melee weapons also. We until we watched this video had no clue how they were doing it or at least i didnt. He and his guild have a long history of being the main group of exploiters fonud in mo, whilst i cant speak for everyone in aq i do know that i or any of the top pvpers in aq do not use either of these exploits. Also as far as i know bushes cannot be disabled.

for me at least dying is never an issue, i wouldnt sacrifice the look of the game to claim a small advantage in pvp and im agaisnt cheating in general. The sad truth is though that this sort of thing does happen

You really do not know why they keep un banning exploiters??  I will give you a hint.

SV is the cat.  :)

Death this is the main reason lots of people quit.  We all know there are people that know SV's patches are horrible shit that intro new "bugged weapons" dupes, exploits.  And they find them all and use them in pvp.  Prophecy never used any of these shady tactics and we got sick of people using them against us. 

Argo isn't L leader of Argo?  If so he is an exploiter we kicked him from prophecy for hacking.  And I was in argo as a spy during the Beat Stick bugged weapon exploits.  I know thier "pvp".

And if anyone out there thinks SV has hack detection shoot yourself now before procreation.

I blame SV in this.  It was happening in beta it is happening now after release.  It is just very shoddy coding.  As long as SV is at the helm there will always be "bugged weapons" exploits, dupes.

Originally posted by pockets666

You really do not know why they keep un banning exploiters??  I will give you a hint.

SV is the cat.  :)

Death this is the main reason lots of people quit.  We all know there are people that know SV's patches are horrible shit that intro new "bugged weapons" dupes, exploits.  And they find them all and use them in pvp.  Prophecy never used any of these shady tactics and we got sick of people using them against us. 

Argo isn't L leader of Argo?  If so he is an exploiter we kicked him from prophecy for hacking.  And I was in argo as a spy during the Beat Stick bugged weapon exploits.  I know thier "pvp".

And if anyone out there thinks SV has hack detection shoot yourself now before procreation.

I blame SV in this.  It was happening in beta it is happening now after release.  It is just very shoddy coding.  As long as SV is at the helm there will always be "bugged weapons" exploits, dupes.

well i know people who were banned with cheat programs running, unfortunatly he was actually palying minecraft with a cheat program to speed up building but was auto banned from mo when he started up the mo client with it still running.

I think the issue here is in the ease of changing the files manually without any form of hacking software which seems to go un noticed. They certainly need to fix this issue. But yea L is the leader of argo, i have seen him cheat myself with my own eyes we had him cornered with like 5 of us on him then he pulls out this wooden bow and were all like wtf, then he starts spamming attack with it and suddenly disapears, luckily thoguh with that we got the issue fixed by taking it to the gms and it is no longer possible. Also correction on blackmage he wasnt banned 3 times it was 5 and he just kept buying new accounts from what i understand.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Didnt SV claim some "state of the art" cheat detection?

I win!!! LOL@U

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

I think the issue here is in the ease of changing the files manually without any form of hacking software which seems to go un noticed. They certainly need to fix this issue.

MO has entirely too much done client side, it'll never get fixed wihout a complete overhaul.

I win!!! LOL@U

• MordragMOMordragMO Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by HanoverZ

I think the issue here is in the ease of changing the files manually without any form of hacking software which seems to go un noticed. They certainly need to fix this issue.

MO has entirely too much done client side, it'll never get fixed wihout a complete overhaul.

Having any damage/speed/whatever calculation done on the client side is an error so noobish, it doesn't only mean someone doesn't have a clue about a programming language or has trouble getting something done right, it means whoever did this is a complete moron and should pick a job that doesn't have the least to do with logic.

• pockets666pockets666 Member Posts: 198

Death I am not talking abot an actual 3rd party hacking program.  When I say hacking I am talking about all the junk you can do clientside.

• LisXiaLisXia Member Posts: 390

Same old story of DFO.  When will we be able to see a decently implemented pvp game, from design to execution.

Another game lost.  How sad.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Sorry to repear myself, but if this game was more server side code based and less client side, it wouldn't be so easy to hack...

Originally posted by LisXia

Same old story of DFO.  When will we be able to see a decently implemented pvp game, from design to execution.

actually its the same old story for 90% of mmos, the reality is most actions are done on the client with checks from the server itsj ust that mo and dfo lack any sort of validation of ini files or prevention of editing them. server side hit detection would infact be unplayable in mo with a ping above 200.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

I actually proved that SV had *no* cheat detection on the client a long time ago. I'd dig up the thread, but then I'd get blamed for necroing old threads.

Suffice it to say, when you watch DLLs with Spy programs, nothing gets injected into the MO loaded DLLs or anything else that sits on your TCP/UDP connection which means that (you guessed it), there's no anti-cheat detection working. You could say they added it in since I last posted the proof, but if that's the case then they were lying to begin with (surprise surprise), and I don't care enough to "prove" it again. But I'd still bet money there's no cheat detection, and the aforementioned "proof" of somebody getting instabanned for running a Minecraft hack is laughable at best.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Originally posted by LisXia

actually its the same old story for 90% of mmos, the reality is most actions are done on the client with checks from the server itsj ust that mo and dfo lack any sort of validation of ini files or prevention of editing them. server side hit detection would infact be unplayable in mo with a ping above 200.

No, 90% of MMOs have settings you can manipulate using INI or similar type entries without an issue. They are for client-side settings that DO NOT AFFECT the playability of the game and make it unfair to use. The only way to modify those games (like WOW, or SWG, or AoC etc) is to modify the EXE or DLLs of the game itself. That's called a code injection, and yes, 90% of games will catch that because they have anti-cheat technology that at the very least, will compare a checksum of the EXE on the client to a valid checksum. If they don't match, then the EXE is flagged and that's an easy way to detect stuff.

MO doesn't do *any* of this. It has options in the INI files that are so easily editable they are prone to being exploited, and not only having them there is a bad idea, any injections into the EXE can't be traced anyway.

• raff01raff01 Member Posts: 453

Posts on official forums are everywhere complaining about cheaters, hackers exploits and bugs, as well as population being way too low.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/66162-whats-up-sv.html

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

Originally posted by raff01

Posts on official forums are everywhere complaining about cheaters, hackers exploits and bugs, as well as population being way too low.

Yeah there are you just need to know the MO forum lingo because if the accuse they will be banned.  They use code when they are talking about cheats.  But there are quite a few threads with people talking about explouits and low pop.

Yeah there are you just need to know the MO forum lingo because if the accuse they will be banned.  They use code when they are talking about cheats.  But there are quite a few threads with people talking about explouits and low pop.

this is jsut compelte fabrication.

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

this is jsut compelte fabrication.

So you are trying to say people in the forums do not talk about other people exploiting??  But they do it in such a way not to get banned from the forums??

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

There is absolutely no reason to create a new thread in order to discuss a different thread on the forum. That thread has been deleted, and  this one is now locked. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.