Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar Gameplay from the next big MMO from NCSoft

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

It looks interesting to me. I´ll keep an eye on it!

Is this another "wow clone" thread ? ....how boring.....

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

You play it on the computer? Wow clone!

Play online with other players? Wow clone!

Move with WASD? Wow clone!

Human characters have 2 arms? Wow clone!

Projectile weapons are long range? Wow clone!

Tab target to attack enemies? Wow clone!

Crafting? Wow clone!

PvP? Wow clone!

leveling up? Wow clone!

Clearly this game is a total rip off of wow. =/

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Erstok

ToR mixed with WoW? What is this, I don't even....

If this = ToR + WoW and ToR = WoW + Star Wars + Bioware, then this = 2WoW + Star Wars + Bioware?

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by Diovidius

If this = ToR + WoW and ToR = WoW + Star Wars + Bioware, then this = 2WoW + Star Wars + Bioware?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by chelan

Originally posted by Diovidius

Exactly.

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Everything is a wow clone now and days...come on really ? The only thing that only resembles wow in the game is the art style, rather then that i dont see any thing else, i see a dynamic fast paced gameplay, and it seems the quests are based on a serie of objectives, might be wrong here, depends on how the compiled the video.

About tab targeting, lets be reralistic, theres 2 types of mmo's, tab and non tab targeting, being the last most used on sandbox style mmo's...either u like it or hate it, i like both it all depends on how the game is built, it's content, comunity, game mechanics etc... etc... it's all that that makes a good or bad game, not the targeting system itself.

• SzabtomSzabtom Member Posts: 38

Looks great can't wait to try the beta.

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89

Im interested in how this game will turn out. In my opinion it looks fairly decent, too early to say more.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by maji

Originally posted by Ethernia

Originally posted by Valentina

I don't see any of that gameplay in WoW...If you do please tell me where? Dodging avalanches? climbing things? Puzzles? Several layers of content and different types of gameplay? I can't wait to try this game..

QFT.

Apparently if you can tab target, people think it is a wow clone.

Not necessarily a WoW clone,  but if I read something like "a warrior class using rage" (oh, sorry, "adrenaline" which works exactly the same), I get bored already. There is an uncountable number of classes you could think of and mechanics how to make them work and interesting, and if they are not able to come up with something better or different than "rage", then I doubt they come up with better stuff in other parts of the game.

Warrior in GW uses adrenaline, and that game's about the farthest you're going to get from a WoW clone. image

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

When I look over the gameplay video, I still feel the pistols look too short ranged for "ranged weapons." It's interesting. The little loot chests amused me but also had me wondering at the target audience. Is there too much cheese for the older crowd of MMO gamers to take it seriously?  I'm also left with tons of questions, like degree of character customization, vehicles, and all the other things that can go into a game.  

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

WoW, serious amount of mis-information going around about this game, I suggest watching  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx3X2ryYfdc where a developer actually explains what the hell is happening in the demo.

Quick facts:

- There are more than 3 classes / races, they just limited it to 3 for the sake of getting people into the demo quickly.

- The pistols are ranged, and you have a cool teleport ability allowing you to get range on mobs.

- You get bonus XP for stuff like dodging enemies special attacks (the red circles etc.), killing stuff in succession, and even killing multiple enemies within a few seconds of each other.

- The arrow thing is an explorer ability to find hidden locations etc.

So yeah, a bit WoW clonish, but with what looks like enough spice thrown in make it feel different / unique, only time will tell though.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

It doesn't look like a bad game, but it seems really generic and doesn't appear to have any hook.  Kinda Rift-like, w/out the rifts.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by WishMeister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fIruA4fxo&feature=youtu.be

It really looks great, and promissing =)

It's like a platform MMO, something a little fresh about the look and I like that.

I can't wait to give the beta a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDvrxR3e_N4&feature=related  , maybe everyone should watch this video, you can get a better explanation about the game.

This is not a wow clone.   ,  but it is another MMO developed in the states.    Looks like NCSoft is going to have another promising MMO on it's radar.

For anyone excited about getting into the Beta, you can sign up at the WildStar website.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• chopstixxxchopstixxx Member Posts: 3

I like how everyones saying it looks like crap/wow clone/poo but the hype level is higher than Guild Wars 2. What is going on here?

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by chopstixxx

I like how everyones saying it looks like crap/wow clone/poo but the hype level is higher than Guild Wars 2. What is going on here?

guild wars has thousands of hype votes, and wildstar would only have a few, the hype meter is pretty much broken :3

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Don't worry, that will be dealt with by the angry mob.

This is not a game.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by Zeroxin

Don't worry, that will be dealt with by the angry mob.

I was genuinely surprised to see the hype level knock GW2 off the top spot but looking now it's suddenly nowhere to be seen? Some kind of glitch?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by WishMeister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fIruA4fxo&feature=youtu.be

It really looks great, and promissing =)

Really liking the look of this, loving the looks and personally I enjoy the EQ/ WoW format for MMORPGs, if it's done well.

Looks far better and more fun then SWotR to me already.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by Tyrxz

Eh, looks... not very good :/

Btw Tryxz, @ your signature's question of Helium being in solid form (obviously i'm bored).....you'd get heavier depending on how dense it is in solid form :). Helium only floats because it is lighter than air xD!

Ah, yes, I knew. I have it there 'cause I thought it was funny ^^

scribble scribble scribble

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

It is so easy to differentiate between intelligent and not so intelligent posters just by reading 'WOW clone' comments. I like the video though. Looks like a nice sci - fi game.

I just like to get to the point !Say what I feel and see i'm intitled to do that! I watched the video!I don't have to right a novel statement to make you happy on how I feel about a game.

• GameDevJakeGameDevJake Member Posts: 27

Saw trailer and went nuts!!! The "dare I say cartoony" art-style is a little wonky to me, mainly because I dont want to be playing Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo anymore.

But that aside, it looks good. It looks promising. And from what little we have seen, i can tell I will be able to get into it. Cant wait!

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by Vampero

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Such a letdown. This can only suceed as F2P

I agree with you 100%

Based on what?

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

this is one of those threads that everyone on mmorpg reads so sorry If I have jumped in your path. 

I first thought of Gnomergan in Eastern Kingdoms when the wintery area they showed first apeared.  Speaking just for this video, I liked most of it.  The side strafing looked odd at first as the character animation moves in a directly opposite path as to which way it was running.  The battleground style play with the shoting cannons I can imagine my self having a blast in.  Sadly It kinda reminds me of something that wouldnt really suit me all that well community wise.  These games really arnt made for adult types as it stands I dont think.  Socially it might be hard in this game for an adult to play but thats just an off the wimb oservation.  Just like wow, after so long playing it seems to become flamewars from where I stood. 

Love the video though, looks sweet if nothing more then a preview of whats to come. 

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

for some reason it reminds me of chronicle of spellborn.