Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Titan - Sci-fi or Fantasy?

garrygarry Member Posts: 263

Just curious what the forum posters think about Blizzards hinted at game of TITAN. Will it be another Fantasy game likle WOW or a Sci-fi game. Personally I doubt they would launch another Fantasy game in competition with WOW unless there was some sort of cross business deal (2for1 or reduced price for both etc,,,). What do you folks think?

Comments

• ejendalsejendals Member Posts: 33

I heard I was going to be steampunk inspired game

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

knowing Activi$ion:

+ steampunk

+  DLC monthly fee plus itemshop

+ facebook bound

+ battlenet bound

+ easiest game  ever made

so I think its something like HKO with slightly bettter graphics.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I dont think it's gonna be a fantasy game but I can't speculate more, just that I will probably dont touch it with a 10 feet long stick becouse most of the wow crowd will probably jump there.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Morhaime said something about Sci-fi MMOFPS so it isn't fantasy or historical (otherwise it could have been based on Greek mythology).

Steam punk is an option, but then we are talking more "Space 1899" and "Doctor Who" than "Crimson skies" and "Ravenloft". Cyberpunk, space opera, Doom styled MMOFPS or space ship alá Eve is also possibilities.

Or even something dimentional like R.I.F.F.T.S or T.O.R.G.

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Innovation is over rated. I could care less if it plays like a traditional MMO as long as it is polished and fun. However, i am 100% sure that it is a sci-fi title.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

MMOFPS whats that? FPS games do already have online modes and such stuff. Maybe its World of Call of Duty?

no matter what it is I  for sure wont touch it, cause Im sure it will be some real crap with the worst community ever.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Supposedly a new Scy Fy mmo different from anything Blizzard have done before. I think the suits that run Blizzard initally hoped that WoW expansions and Titan could co-exist, but now they seem to believe that Diablo 3 and then Titan will canabalise their WoW player base. Factor into that the fact that SW:TOR and GW2 will take a slice out of the WoW player base since they are looking polished mmo products then we have the possibility that Blizzard will try to make Titan more of a hybrid game than initally planned, something to please everyone...with RPG elements and Scy Fy mmofps elements.

• twstdstrangetwstdstrange Member Posts: 474

Meh.

The way Blizz has been acting of late really keeps me from caring about Titan too much.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Sci-Fi MMOFPSish

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

im expecting Titan will a similar theme that Wildstar already announced

something scifi like  cowboy bebop but with fantasy thrown in

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

My guess is sci fi but if is FPS I will avoid it. I see life in FP I prefer my games in 3rd.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

it's gonna be a sciantasy.....definately a sciantasy.

• NekkuroNekkuro Member Posts: 162

In my own mind, I believe it is a Sci-fi MMO. I'm not sure why.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by DerWotan

MMOFPS whats that? FPS games do already have online modes and such stuff. Maybe its World of Call of Duty?

no matter what it is I  for sure wont touch it, cause Im sure it will be some real crap with the worst community ever.

Lol no
    See this is why people get confused about what is and isnt a MMO. A MMO is a game that has a persistent area of the main gameplay can be done. In other words, a mmorpg has to have a persistent area for combat to be able to take place in.

A mmorpg and a mmofps share this same rule, but the thing about a mmofps is the point of view of the combat. Which has to have fps aiming

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

maybee they will pull a cryptic on us and rebadge the unfinished "The Agency" :)

What type of game will it be, ahh haa, haha, thats a good question.  I wanted starcraft online only in traditional mmo style not rts. 

I cant really even guesstimate with blizzard, who the hell knows.  They got enough money to keep even the most hardcore mmo conspiracy theorist at bay.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    MMO FPS, it won't be fantasy, I'm not sure about scifi.

Activation will be targeting the console FPS crowd.
  • aquafusiondnaquafusiondn Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Draemos

MMO FPS, it won't be fantasy, I'm not sure about scifi. Activation will be targeting the console FPS crowd.

MMOFPS is possible, but highly doubt it will happen. It will be hard to create a twitch-based MMOFPS since everyone have to be nearly zero latency. If they are doing MMOFPS, I believe they will do a hybird or charge-based combat since they want nearly everyone in the world to play the game to max the profit.

I would say SciFi, really hope for SciFi because the mmo market is oversaturated with fantasy. I really hope for steampunk game.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

i heard somewhere that activision own halo franchise now?

or buy somethng related with Halo.anyway that just rumor i guess but i know i hear something about ihat somewhere.. dont remember :( sorry iam maybe totaly wrong :P dont hate me .. lol

anywayy my guess Halo universe pew pew sci-fi and fantasy both in 1 game would be awesome,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I heard its going along the lines of Hello Kitty, should be fun, there will be baking skills, housecleaning, dishes.

You roam around avoiding dogs, annoy your owner, rub up against them, then scratch them and run.

Going to be epic.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

With a name like Titan one thing comes to mind, MECHS!!! I can dream can't I?  Didn't Piranha games just do a game with activision? :D (which also happens to be mechish, Transformers)  Piranha is also in the works of making a new mechwarrior game......please come true.  MMO + Mechs, my two loves :)

Originally posted by sk8chalif

i heard somewhere that activision own halo franchise now?

Microsoft Studios own the rights to all Halo franchise. So Microsoft Studios is still in control of Halo. Activision brought Bungie after Bungie went solo from Microsoft. So basically Microsoft is in control of the game.

Originally posted by Entropy14

I heard its going along the lines of Hello Kitty, should be fun, there will be baking skills, housecleaning, dishes.

You roam around avoiding dogs, annoy your owner, rub up against them, then scratch them and run.

Going to be epic.

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/ *cough*

• TadamitsuTadamitsu Member Posts: 118

lol who cares...  we must wait until  it reaches beta to have a real idea.   we shall see

played:WoW and Eve off and on 5 years
    Tried:CoH/V, PoTBS, War, TR, STO, FE
    TOR is likely to rock

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by DerWotan

odd though, because you sound like you would fit right in! image

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Maybe it's really that Star Craft MMO many have been waiting for... Way to kill WH40K out the gate.