Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R online - open beta

spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Did find some infos about the open beta.....

STALKER ONLINE MMO - open beta 

Stalker online is a game genre RPG-Action MMO with elements of Survival with a view of the 3rd and 1st person. The game world is a near future (2015-2020 year), where there was an accident of unknown origin, resulting in the world, a number of so-called anomalous zones, which modified the laws of nature, there are a variety of abnormal activity, there are strange objects with unexplored properties, called artifacts, and all living things under the influence of the zone change, mutate and pose a serious threat to humans. 

Occurrences of anomalous zones of the country linked with pre-existing natural / magnetic anomalies and high-tech human activities. In the field of anomalous zones are often found, different laboratories, research institutes, etc., which studied the problems of biology, nuclear physics, organic chemistry, often find military targets. 

The player is in general a stalker - someone who went to the anomalous zone with the aim of finding and selling artifacts due to the powerful influence and unexplored properties are highly valued in the world outside the zones. With the money he buys a new, better equipment and can penetrate deep into the Zone in search of more valuable items. 

Features: 

A unique campaign setting for the MMO 

Items Survival Gameplay 

System simulation of the natural world zone, change the locations of anomalies, changes in habitat mutants fields artifacts, etc. 

The "skilovoy" leveling, allows you to modify and develop your character in different ways and requiring the exercise conscious gaming activity. 

Develop a system of socialization of the players in-game factions of stalkers get new gaming experience inaccessible to players 

Ability to equip the base factions of stalkers to build defensive structures, develop facilities, etc. 

The parallel development of combat skills and supportnyh 

The player can choose a preferred style of play PvP, PvE, crafting, Survival, trade, etc. 

An important element of the gameplay is the study of the game world, and possession of exclusive information. 

The information: 

Open Beta Test "Stalker-line" begins! 

That came a great day! Path to the Zone is open! 

Stalkers, especially for you, today, we start Open Beta Testing of the game "Stalker-online" 

Approximate time of MBT-4 weeks. Hurry to take part and you are waiting for contests, promotions and event! 

Also, the team Cybertime System wishes to thank the players who took part in a closed beta test. They all receive presents in the game, and users, first reached the maximum level and the authors of the most detailed error reports will be awarded additional prizes. 

Now enter the restricted zone will be able to anyone: just register and download the game client. 

And remember: MBT - is not yet ready to play. There are still bugs and errors, which we hope to fix that with your help. Indeed, thanks to your efforts we will soon derive the project in the release. 

How to start playing? 

1. Register on the forum 

2. Register on site 

3. Established by ACC after logged in 

4. Play

Register links and files:

http://stalker-online.co/files.html

(use google translator)

Fast download link for the latest 0812 client:

http://tinyurl.com/44d6c8e

Gameplay Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3seUQFA1RlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk-qqpPM3Ck

Webseite:

http://stalker-online.co/

Tutorial:

How to get your first weapon and ammo ?

After you spawn talk to the npc on your right side, click through the dialog. Walk to the close building and at the entrance inside is another npc, talk to him and click through the dialog. After that go to the third npc in the same hall straight ahead, you get from him the pistol and ammo.

On the right side at the exit ahead there is another npc in a blue jump suit who gives you quests, first quest is to kill 3 rats. You will see in the chat  1/3 when you kill your first rat.

So far I could see,  in the left and right hall are shops for gear and support.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Well, it's got the look of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at least. I hope that herky-jerky camera was because of the video compression and not real game play. Also not too sure about that 3rd person view.

And 1.4GB downloading at 40 - 50 KB/second.

The torrent is a lot faster. It's in the forum post here; http://forum.stalker-online.co/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1379

And this, "Non; Myxkckon" (or something like that) is "Gender: Male". Just don't ask me why there are 4 selections avalable for gender.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

Will it be released just in Russia? Or international? Cause webpage is in russian lol

• DevvholicDevvholic Member Posts: 71

how do i use google translator for the website?

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Alright, did start playing a bit. Its not so easy since everything is in russian language, but manageable.  The problem is you spawn without any weapons. So just follow the player who just spawn with empty hands and you will see what npc to talk to to get the gear, after that its more easy.

Using google translator ? Uhm, just copy the link for registration into the google translator and choose the language to translate ...easy.

http://translate.google.com/

Found a fast rapidshare link for the latest client:

http://tinyurl.com/44d6c8e

Quick overview for Controls:

(I did also post how to get your first gear for free a pistol and ammo - scroll up to first post  -)

WASD - walking 

Z and C - pick up items 

R - recharge the weapon 

Shift - run 

G - To throw a grenade if you have equipped it 

1 and 2 - use your pistol or the basic weapon 

3, 4, 5, 6 - binds 

F1 - instruction (in Russian) 

alt + Enter - on / off window mode 

RMB - aiming 

ENTER - chat 

V - show name NPC or name of items which lie on the earth 

i - your backpack 

ALT + M - on / off music 

ESC - main menu 

B - binocular 

F - trade with the dealer or the player 

J - list of quests 

M - map 

Q - to throw a stone (search of invisible anomalies) 

O - clan 

K - List of skills and development of the character, the first tab - level of possession of the weapon, the second - survival level, the third - level of technical skills. 

C - your character. Skills and the equipped subjects. 

L - light .. 

Ctrl - the mouse cursor 

In inventory (backpack): 

Right click> "kit" - equip the weapon or clothes 

Right click> "Split"> number> Ok - divide things (Bullets, drop of mutants) 

Well after playing two hours I did find out about the content of the game.

The game is quiete simple anway so you will find out a lot by yourself. Its more simple than I first thought and it reminds a bit on FOM. Maybe fun for some days but gets probably boring after a while.

You dont level up you advance your shooting skills and you can specialize with perks/skill trees, you can make money with quests which are repeatable.

At the spawn area right side of the entrance to the building is one npc, he gives you $ 500 if you deliver him 10 dogs. Its repeatable and a start, besides other repeatable quests. Just a warning, if you die you can loose the loot of the animals.

There is open world pvp aswell and probably clans vs clans. This game is for STALKER/Face of Mankind/Neocron  fans probably and for those who like open pvp.

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

What is funny is that i just started downloading s.t.a.l.k.e.r via steam and then came to look in mmorpg forums and found this thread.

• treyu86treyu86 Member UncommonPosts: 269

I still didnt managed to find any info regarding a release in europe/america, all I find is in russian ans I feel it is very wierd as this seems to be a very good game with deep sandbox and pvp features.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by treyu86
    I still didnt managed to find any info regarding a release in europe/america, all I find is in russian ans I feel it is very wierd as this seems to be a very good game with deep sandbox and pvp features.

It's not impossible that a Russian developer would take a game and release it in Russia...where they live. Maybe the servers are in the apartment across the hall. Not everybody in Russia runs a spambot net.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Yeah it seems it is a sandbox roleplaying game, like i said it reminds a bit on Face of Mankind.

I did find some people who did speak english and played with them for a while, they did help me with quests and so far i got more advanced armor and weapons, aswell more cash. It seems like they have a police faction and cult faction so far I see. You have to be carefull, people can attack you in the world and you there is a chance you can drop items in your inventory which is not equipped. You dont loose your equipped gear, thats good only what you have in your bag.

• ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164

Does anyone know how to successfully change game resolution?

When i change, nothing happens.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by spizz
    Yeah it seems it is a sandbox roleplaying game, like i said it reminds a bit on Face of Mankind.
    I did find some people who did speak english and played with them for a while, they did help me with quests and so far i got more advanced armor and weapons, aswell more cash. It seems like they have a police faction and cult faction so far I see. You have to be carefull, people can attack you in the world and you there is a chance you can drop items in your inventory which is not equipped. You dont loose your equipped gear, thats good only what you have in your bag.

If you've played Mortal Online, how would you say the game compares?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

So, i've played several closed betas for games that people made a language pack for when there was enough hype for the game but didn't have an english version.

How in the HELL does Stalker Online NOT have an english pack released already O_o?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by ololulu

Try alt+enter and you can toggle between full screen and window mode. I did change the resolution within the preferences.xml in the game folder. 

I dont know Mortal Online, never played but is probably a much more advanced game. Try to compare it with Face of Mankind maybe, at least a bit. It feels more like a pre open beta.

When you walk outside of the town area, you have to throw stones to detect anomalies so you dont step on them..often they are invisible.

Originally posted by ololulu

game directorygamepreferences.xml and change the resolutions, near the bottom, in that file.

That was the only way I could keep the resolution between sessions.

The 'bum' nearest the stage when you first log-in has a repeatable quest to get 10 puppy heads for a 500 ruble reward.

The first NPC inside the train station is Smith, or Blacksmith. He has a couple of quests that will get you pants and a hoodie jacket with minor melee defenses. The hoodie is rewarded by giving him 2 puppy heads. I don't remember what was needed for the pants.

An NPC in the middle of the station will direct you further in to a guy in blue who will give you a pistol and some ammo. He'll tell you to kill a couple of rats and come back. Don't remember the reward.

Don't waste ammo! 9x18 ammo costs 70 ru for 27 rounds. it takes atleast four accurate shots to kill the mutant puppies. To change ammo types use the right click equip selection on the ammo you want to use.

Outside the front of the train station is an NPC who will give you some 'poisioned' ammo. I'm not sure if he just gives it to you or if you had to give him something in return. It it was the second part then I already had what he wanted. I think this ammo is supposed to be used for the mutant 'rats' but you don't have anywhere near enough to kill the 10+ kills for the rat tails.

Don't try to kill the bipedal mutant 'rats' that are about the size of small children until you have the pants and hoodie armor. They hit hard for a newb and 2 can kill you easily. Occasionally they will drop a 'rat tail' that is a quest item. You will have trouble killing them with standard ammo cheaply.

When shooting be sure to use aim (right mouse button) and wait for the crosshairs to focus in.

When you die you have a chance to damage or lose equipment including ammo. Health is extremely slow to regenerate and heal kits are expensive at 196 ru for 3 kits that heal you for about 33hp each.  The quickest way to get health back is to die but... read this paragraphs first sentence again.

Your equipment and weapons also need repairs. A gun at 0% has to be reloaded for each shot and may not still not work. If you run out of ammo and rubles you might as well recreate.

Random pking exists but is not rampant. Don't try to kill someone who has an assault rifle with your pistol.

The text command /help will get a list of other english commands that have russian explanations. /pkstatus shows your 'karma'. The worse your karma the bigger you get in size. There are a few giants walking around.

I've got more info in a very poorly formated .rtf file that has some google translated quest texts, a few vendor item translations, and some other random stuff. It IS NOT easy to read or well organised. I'll see about putting some of that in this thread later. The problem with that is this text editor doesn't recognise cyrillic font.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Can you read russian ? Anyway send me a pm here in this forum so we can meet ingame =)

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236

So what do you guys think? I remember hearing that STALKER was being made into an MMO, but I had no idea that it was this far into development.  I just watched a couple videos on youtube and it looks pretty damn cool. Judging by the 15 minutes of video I saw, it reminds me a lot of the original Fallout series, which gets me a bit excited. So what's the consensus?

Originally posted by spizz

Can you read russian ? Anyway send me a pm here in this forum so we can meet ingame =)

No, I've spent several hours using google Translate's on-screen cyrillic keyboard pecking out letters one by one. My in-game name is Gruss.

I just sent you a copy of the document. It's... rough.

Dont expect too much, like i wrote already it reminds on Face of Mankind. The graphics are nice, not sure about game content. There are quests, some are broken and some are repetative. Overall its a more simple game, but maybe fun for a while if you are a fan of STALKER or post apocalyptic games, aswell if you like sandbox roleplaying and open pvp with player drops (not the equipped gear). There are also factions, saw at least police and some kind of a cult faction.

I would say download it and play around a bit =), pm the people here who are playing so we can tell ingame names and meet us for some adventures. 

I saw one website with imporant quests, with good description and pictures how to do them. Unfortunately I cant find it anymore..damn. Hopefully i can find it again.

Originally posted by Alioth

So what do you guys think? I remember hearing that STALKER was being made into an MMO, but I had no idea that it was this far into development.  I just watched a couple videos on youtube and it looks pretty damn cool. Judging by the 15 minutes of video I saw, it reminds me a lot of the original Fallout series, which gets me a bit excited. So what's the consensus?

The single player S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game series are a lot better but this is multiplayer and it is a good representation of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. world. But it's all in Russian.

Great, I did send you a pm ingame and thx for the infos !

Anyway, you can pm ingame with @ xxxx  xxxx=name you want to talk to.

edit: saw your forum pm, but cant see any download link for the rtf file...mmh ? 

Hope I can find the webpage again with the description and images for the quest series...

Sent again. This time correctly.

Thx a lot, this will help =).

I did find a website with infos about quests, just use it with google translator and the images help a lot. Iam not sure if they are up to date, didnt try it so far.

By the way it seems a lot of people are quiete helpfull with quests if you ask them and they understand english....they did show me important quests for equipment.

http://so-medved.at.ua/forum/15

I'm working on a skill set listing at the moment.

Skill set and avatar stats are posted in a blog on this site.

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/grunty/082011/22000

IMPORTANT:

The tracking app in the upper right corner on the forum site states the following: Server mode: a test run. will be rolled back to the state before 0.8.13

So make up your own mind whether updating and running is worth a possible roll back of whatever you do in-game at this time.

There's a client update from 0.8.12 to 0.8.13 so you may not be able to login.

The client version update or a full client install can be found at this link http://forum.stalker-online.co/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1379

The update is about 139MB.

Download the patch, move it to your game directory and run it.

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

Hope to see an english translation of this in the near future. Sounds right up my alley in a lot of ways.

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...