Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enough with the non-MMORPG's

I appreciate this sites effort to include any and all mmorpg's however it seems the list is getting quite jam packed with nonmmorpg games.

Could i suggest the main list be comprised of client based mmoRPG's?  I wouldnt mind a seperate tab for mobile and phone games,a tab for the newly added DOTA type games, and another tab for browser based game...and possibly a seperate listing for all those older unrated and laregly unpopulair games that sit in the "more votes required" section for years.

Something to clean this massive list up so i (and others) can follow the client based mmorpgs a bit easier, without having the dissapointment of clicking on that new game only to find out its some browser game or not even a real mmorpg.

This list has become quite a mess to sort through on my own.

So mabey one of the staff spends 1hr moving client based games which are actually mmorpgs into a seperate tab.  At this point you might as well just dump every game from RTSguru and FPSguru here since this site has lost its "mmorpg only" ways.

Comments

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Agreed
  • DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

just merge Guild Wars 1 with the Guild Wars 2 forum and remove stuff like LoL, DDO and do not add games such as D3.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by strangerdang

I appreciate this sites effort to include any and all mmorpg's however it seems the list is getting quite jam packed with nonmmorpg games.

Could i suggest the main list be comprised of client based mmoRPG's?  I wouldnt mind a seperate tab for mobile and phone games,a tab for the newly added DOTA type games, and another tab for browser based game...and possibly a seperate listing for all those older unrated and laregly unpopulair games that sit in the "more votes required" section for years.

Something to clean this massive list up so i (and others) can follow the client based mmorpgs a bit easier, without having the dissapointment of clicking on that new game only to find out its some browser game or not even a real mmorpg.

This list has become quite a mess to sort through on my own.

So mabey one of the staff spends 1hr moving client based games which are actually mmorpgs into a seperate tab.  At this point you might as well just dump every game from RTSguru and FPSguru here since this site has lost its "mmorpg only" ways.

What your looking for is actually available. At the top of the list is a link to do a Custom Search .  After you've created the search filter that you want, when it displays there will be an Update/Create List link. When you click that it will bring you to the filter page where you can save you list. From then on when you go to the game list, you will have your custom filters listed at the top of the game list.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

+1

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

customer search doesn't search on mobile/client/browser though does it? I didn't see that otion.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by DerWotan

just merge Guild Wars 1 with the Guild Wars 2 forum and remove stuff like LoL, DDO and do not add games such as D3.

This is a perfect example of why a filter is much better than stripping down the list. Everyone has their own idea of what should or shouldn't be considered an MMO. A filter allows each person to create their own lists, including or omitting games based on whatever criteria they personally have for what should or shouldn't be here.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Edit :

Nvm wrong post x.x

Anyways! We should add a more detailed suggestion for the filters in the suggestion forum..it IS hard to browse throguh games

Hm..WEll this is the suggestion forum now...

Since there are already thingies in the custom list thing maybe we could just add those somewhere there? 

Like add another tag thingie or somefing to denote shooter, browser, etc etc.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**