Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hero's Journey: Q&A #2

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Hot on the heels of the first Q&A, Erick Slick has returned to answer more questions in the second part of our bi-weekly Q&A series with Simutronics. The article includes an exclusive screenshot, which we carry each week!

MMORPG.com: As a small developer working on a AAA quality MMORPG, what are some of the challenges you face and how do you intend to continue to overcome them and make a game of equal or better quality to something from a major development house?

Erick Slick: We’ve spent years developing our unique techniques for building games. These processes are unique to Simutronics, and it seems clear that our productivity is considerably higher than people are use to seeing. I love when people are surprised, but for us it’s business as usual.

As the Director of Development, my biggest challenge is how to do more with less. That requires me to be very creative and work hand-in-hand with my team on a myriad of issues. The fact that we don’t have money to just throw at a problem means we have to be smarter, and we are encouraged to constantly be inventive and take risks to get us where we need to be. This makes Simutronics a unique, challenging and rewarding place to ply one’s craft.

You can read the full interview here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• Lord_AraLord_Ara Member Posts: 73
    Has anyone heard if there is going to be housing in HJ?

...in the end there was no Good and Evil only living and dead...

• TryptophanTryptophan Member Posts: 7

The first Q&A was 5 questions as advertised, but this one I only saw 4 questions ::::05::

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Yeah - this is the dangers of an editor who sleeps too little. Sometimes four looks a lot like five and once they recover enough to count... well its too late :)

I double counted. There are definitely five next time!

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios