Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron 2: Trial Offer Is Back!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
Neocron 2 Trial Is Back! As of today, Reakktor.com offers all online gamers a trial of the cyberpunk MMORPG Neocron 2, after a lengthy abstinence due to the release of the box version. After the Download of the trial client, you can use it free of cost for 10 days. Anyone interested after the trial phase can extend the account after the trial period and keep playing.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• ThePhoenixThePhoenix Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 116

I just may have to give it a try. I beta'd Neocron, didn't think it was all that enough to subscribe to, but it wasn't bad.....

• hayward6hayward6 Member Posts: 11
    Nooo !! the payment system in this game is a nightmare. some kind of outsourcing thing where you actually have to contact them on the phone. and they are completely seperate so once thats done you still have to get in touch with Neocron, and all of this is oversees. They say they will call you, your phone will ring one time with nobody there and then you will get an email saying how they tried calling you 3 times and you werent there... now you have to call them, not fun IMHO. The game looks ok though once you get done with all the registering BS
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I think i will give this a try sometime soon

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

I tried to play this game. Went out and bought it after doing the trial. It told me my key was invalid. Emailed support, got a very swift and professional response from the support staff saying she had to contact the publisher becuase they handle all the keys and she will be back in contact with me as soon as she has a new key for me. Waited, waited, she emailed me that she had gotten no word yet and had followed up several times. Over a week passed, I think I finally gave up at 2. The publisher apparently didn't care enough to gain a customer so at that point I put the game up and uninstalled it.

I won't try that game again after that.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• AmowynAmowyn Member Posts: 2

Is a credit card required to play the trial?

• BlargiusBlargius Member Posts: 3

Someone really needs to set up an emulated server for this game.  It has so many great ideas (FPS, good class balance, and one of a kind atmosphere), but the billing, community, and stability are complete garbage.  

Yes you will probably need a credit card to set it up, and after 10 days expect to be charged for the Client ($29.95?) and the next 20 days of subscription.  

Despite this I am still thinking of signing back up. image

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    Community was what drove me away on this title.
  • TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

I've heard of Neocron and almost gave it a try, but didn't get the chance.  Neocron 2?  Is this a new game or the same game as Nercron, re-released or something?  I don't see it in the game listing.

Anyway, I am still looking for the FPS MMO to get into.  I don't think I will try Planetside, and no others really appealed to me, but Neocron kinda does.  Besides the billing and community I have been reading about, is it really that good?  What is the difference btwn the Neocron 1 and 2?