Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar Gameplay from the next big MMO from NCSoft

Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fIruA4fxo&feature=youtu.be

It really looks great, and promissing =)

Comments

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Looks bad. Too much WoW influence

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by Starpower

Looks bad. Too much WoW influence

I wonder how come some one say that with out even knowing the ingame mechanics...

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

Can you say WoW clone!!

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

LOLclone... WOW!

I watched part of the video. Very meh. Hopefully it is just F2P then I might give it a try. If not, pass.

• DanbaccaDanbacca Member UncommonPosts: 247

Ooh red circles to show the damage areas. Or to show the hunters where to stand  lol.

I do like the double jump. The first thing that struck me though was of course the obvious look of that really popular game that I played for 4 years. The beginning looked like I was headed back to Gnomeragan.

Then I kept watching, It's very similar but with added touches of flare. No reason to not play it at release that I can see. NCSOFT should concentrate on endgame not being a bottleneck into strictly raiding and re-raiding for gear if they want to keep players that's for sure.

Ok all the Wow clone yellers can post now.

• ajp29ajp29 Member Posts: 35

OH MY GOD!  Non crysis graphics means TEH WOWZ CLONEZ!

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

WoW clone...nhaaa...i woul'd say SWTOR clone...but hey isnt TOR a WoW clone as well...ho wait im lost... imageimageimage

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Not at all what I was expecting!  Next~!

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

I don't see any of that gameplay in WoW...If you do please tell me where? Dodging avalanches? climbing things? Puzzles? Several layers of content and different types of gameplay? I can't wait to try this game..

• EtherniaEthernia Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Valentina

I don't see any of that gameplay in WoW...If you do please tell me where? Dodging avalanches? climbing things? Puzzles? Several layers of content and different types of gameplay? I can't wait to try this game..

QFT.

Apparently if you can tab target, people think it is a wow clone.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by Ethernia

Originally posted by Valentina

QFT.

Apparently if you can tab target, people think it is a wow clone.

Not necessarily a WoW clone,  but if I read something like "a warrior class using rage" (oh, sorry, "adrenaline" which works exactly the same), I get bored already. There is an uncountable number of classes you could think of and mechanics how to make them work and interesting, and if they are not able to come up with something better or different than "rage", then I doubt they come up with better stuff in other parts of the game.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Such a letdown. This can only suceed as F2P

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Such a letdown. This can only suceed as F2P

I agree with you 100%

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712

While I can't say with any certainty 'till I've actually played it for myself, it looks more in line with what I'd hoped SWTOR would be. Sure, it might not be quite as twitchy as DCUO or Vindictus (or what TERA promises to be), but at least it appears to have a little more life to it than standard fare MMO dynamics.

Pressing TAB, holding down W (or worse, mouse-clicking) to get in range, then spamming a variant of 1-9 ad nausem 'till either my character or opponent drops dead is getting so tedious I'm really hard pressed to understand how anyone can get excitied about a "new" MMO offering the same routine.

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

It is so easy to differentiate between intelligent and not so intelligent posters just by reading 'WOW clone' comments. I like the video though. Looks like a nice sci - fi game.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

It is so easy to differentiate between intelligent and not so intelligent posters just by reading 'WOW clone' comments. I like the video though. Looks like a nice sci - fi game.

Hey! Its easy rebuttal for someone attempting to flame them, they can just list a couple out of a thousand features observable in WoW and be like I proved my point, instead of actually listing some reasons why they dislike it / say a wow clone in the first place ;)

I'd say its more ignorance than intelligence though haha

This game has a dodge feature + 1 for me

The video had a huge robot launching a bunch of missiles at the end, and the toon actually dodged them - unlike in TOR's Eternity Vault entrance boss, where the toons just take the hit or run behind a large obstacle to hopefully block the incoming missiles.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Well .. the grapics are surely aimed at the big wow market, perhaps to provided a scifi game for the big list of wow players. the dodge seems nice but also looks to work only whit bosses special attacks making it little more then a run out of the way key .. most games you need to "dodge"boss attacks they just dont have a dodge button but let you simply walk out of the way.

Note that i say grapics aimed at the wow market does nto mean i directly mean wow clone (tho it crosses my mind)m the collor pallet and even the world design just looks a damn lot like that game and its probaly a matter of market group they are after, the overal design of rocks ,trees . paths to area's and monsters are far more what we seen before then just simple collor art style.

watching the gameplay trailer i was not impressed whit the gameplay or world design , was more like watching it and not sure what to think about it trying hard to keep any tought of "clone' out of my mind.

a tought that did slip into my mind while I was watching it is that somehow this looks likes a ..browsergame..omg did i just say browser game :( ..  for now im just going to assume this is all very early footage and that most will be improved on or that the game might show some more impressive things later on. .. for now is  .. Meh a scifi game that tried to stick to fantasy wolds ..just..meh.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

ToR mixed with WoW? What is this, I don't even....

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• fonyfony Member Posts: 755

lol, it looks pretty awful compared to what their sister company is putting out.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

What? I got the impression this was going to be a shooter..

Tab targeting.. I've seen that to much, NEXT

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Eh, looks... not very good :/

scribble scribble scribble

• golembanegolembane Member UncommonPosts: 102

It certainly looks interesting enough to draw my attention. I am curious just how well they well use the interaction seen in the video, and if they use it to the fullest. There is a ton of potential of various zone escapes and whatnot that can be done with the player actively having to jump through, from, and on to various pieces of terrain. Certainly one of the biggest potential selling points if done right.

The combat itself looks rather normal, however this is an early build and more then one game has changed combat mechanics in alpha/beta before. Will wait till I actually see more of a later build before final judgements are made.

Graphically, it looks to fit together well enough, but it does show a heavy Warcraft flavor of graphical design. It is very fitting though, and looks consistant through out the video. Once again, being such an early build, it is pretty impressive for what they have pulled off.

Overall, I am interested to see this game unfold. The MMO genre needs more Sci-fi games to be mainstream successful, so will see how this goes. I am curious however if the game feels like just a big mini-game like a lot of MMOs released the last few years, or if it will be a complete world, so things like crafting, travel, communication, ect will all be things I plan on watching closely. We can't have many more MMOs where crafting is added in, at what often feels like, the last minute.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Official Answer: This is not a WoW Clone, but it looks like a retry @ the Tabula Rasa crowd. Unfortunately this game looks like COMPLETE crap && the audio doesn't even line up properly in the video (or it's just completely estranged from the video itself).

NEXT

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Tyrxz

Eh, looks... not very good :/

Btw Tryxz, @ your signature's question of Helium being in solid form (obviously i'm bored).....you'd get heavier depending on how dense it is in solid form :). Helium only floats because it is lighter than air xD!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.