Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphic quirky

It really annoy the heck out of me. I noticed LOTRO's graphic don't render texture correctly based on viewing distance. like 5 feet way, I can see it very pixelated then the next sec, it rendered the texture into smooth looking. Tree is the huge example, It should render the texture correctly before it enter my certain viewing distance but I can clearly seeing them changing texture all the times. I have AMD HD 6850 1GB card, and I am using high setting. I never have that kind of problem with other mmos and regular pc games. Is it common for LOTRO to have quicky graphic wih texture changing all the times, even I am 5 ft away from that area?

Comments

• AkiyeAkiye Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by aquafusiondn

It really annoy the heck out of me. I noticed LOTRO's graphic don't render texture correctly based on viewing distance. like 5 feet way, I can see it very pixelated then the next sec, it rendered the texture into smooth looking. Tree is the huge example, It should render the texture correctly before it enter my certain viewing distance but I can clearly seeing them changing texture all the times. I have AMD HD 6850 1GB card, and I am using high setting. I never have that kind of problem with other mmos and regular pc games. Is it common for LOTRO to have quicky graphic wih texture changing all the times, even I am 5 ft away from that area?

Maybe its the draw distance? I am not sure I had that on my old computer but at everything max settings with new computer, i do not.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

nvidia gt555m gs here atm..no problem at all...but even my old geforce 7600 had n problems with the distance rendering of objects ...sorry...have no solution atm :(

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Sounds like you're talking about graphics that are much closer to your char.  However, if this is in regards to the distant landscapes looking like a pastel painting until you get closer.  That was on purpose to make ones viewing distance greater all-the-while using less resources.

I've searched around for your issue, and it seems to be a persistent issue based on the GPU and settings you run, but I've not found a clear solution.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

:O yust put on directx 11 with my new laptop :O i walked into water and i was like..wtf! every small move including moves while swimming or even while trying to stand still in water gives ripples, everywhere the ripples hi eachother it created an watermovement totally similar to real life....ill now seriously clap for turbine for having the best water in every game ive seen so far

:D

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

most out of the box most game, set render distance close. cause the further it is the harder to render in high quality!