Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why to play eve

OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103

i lold

Comments

• SuffurSuffur Member UncommonPosts: 24

Wish I honestly knew what was happening here.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Originally posted by Suffur

Wish I honestly knew what was happening here.

It was a group of titan pilots getting a shit-ton of free kills based on hype.  Nobody ever sees titans (largest class of ship in the game) in the type of space that video was taken in in, so when word gets out that there is a titan in lowsec, everyone comes running.  Only these guys were spamming smartbombs (short range high damage aoe), so when the sightseers show up, they come out of warp in the middle of a sea of instant death.

Makes sense with the smart bombs. Why are titans never seen in that space?

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

They are really expensive in terms of skill training and materials, upwards of 100bil to build and fit, and about three years training time to fly properly.  They take a month to plop out of a factory, most of which are set up in nullsec since most people know not to set up stations in low (low is full of people wandering around looking to start shit).  That, and moving an armed, floating space station takes planning and scouting, so you don't run into gate camps looking to blow up your stuff.

In these guys' case though, it looks like they plain didn't care about the risk and were only interested in some good, clean laughs.

Wow. That really does make me wish I played EVE. I tried the trial but I feel like I'm 'too late to the party' =/

• BhazirBhazir Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by twodayslate

They are really expensive in terms of skill training and materials, upwards of 100bil to build and fit, and about three years training time to fly properly.  They take a month to plop out of a factory, most of which are set up in nullsec since most people know not to set up stations in low (low is full of people wandering around looking to start shit).  That, and moving an armed, floating space station takes planning and scouting, so you don't run into gate camps looking to blow up your stuff.

In these guys' case though, it looks like they plain didn't care about the risk and were only interested in some good, clean laughs.

Mostly correct, only you can't build titans and super carriers in low sec, even if you wanted.

Also with a titan you don't have to worry about gate camps, a cloaker or fast aligning ship has zero problems navigating low sec without any problems, you don't have bubbles. But these guys indeed were lucky that none dropped a few heavy interdictors and a few super carriers as they would have no chance at all of surviving then, the doomsday doesn't work in lowsec either.

"If all magic fails, rely on three feet of steel and a strong arm"

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Titan and super cap blobbing is the new common standard for low sec and null sec. Because you can't dock them, a titan pilot can only sign in with thier super cap. They get bored and abuse them.

• OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103

If u start a new character it would take 27 days to be able to fly a smartbombing battleship, ur never too late

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

better video :P

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0805/smart2.wmv

JH-M2W (0.0)

Sunday 28th Oct 2007

22:05 - 22:09

96 kills / 1 kills

1,943,492,213 ISK / 148,605,000 ISK

485,873,053 IDPM / 37,151,250 IDPM

93.24 points / 0.84 points

KB http://xaeon.griefwatch.net/?p=engagement&kill=24122

BestSigEver :P

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

First had more tears.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

One of my fondest memories in the game was a fail hotdrop on a PL super capital fleet where I found my shipping bouncing off of so many ships I had never seen before trying to align the fux out. It was fun. That battleship still has some Leviathan paint on it :)