Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character customization concern

sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i have one concern. from what has been revealed, the sylvari and human males all look like theyre 18-28 years old. i wanted to create a wise looking caster with wispy beard and an aged face. i am a little disappoint.

Comments

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Originally posted by sonoggi

i have one concern. from what has been revealed, the sylvari and human males all look like theyre 18-28 years old. i wanted to create a wise looking caster with wispy beard and an aged face. i am a little disappoint.

I think for the silvary there wont be an aged version since they are newely borned as for the humans i think you can choose an old man as a character

• The_Big_HThe_Big_H Member Posts: 33

Also know that they didn't have all the options open for the demo, it is after all a demo. I noticed on a few of the videos there were options that weren't availible, so who knows, maybe they'll give it more custimization to look like a wise old sage :)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Dont worry yet, they are going to be adding dozens more opions before release.

and since there is allready a very aged face for norn, i would not be surprised to see the same for human

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Character customization shown at Gamescom is just a demo... Lots of more options will be added at release.

So don´t worry ;)

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

The oldest Sylvari is 25 years old so that's one reason the ability to create an old wise one is not available but they can always just add the option for cosmetic reasons.

This is not a game.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

The oldest sylvari are 25 years old....

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

I don't have this problem, I prefer younger characters. But it makes me sad... I am older than the whole Sylvari race! D: *just became 26 four days ago*

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by silenos

I don't have this problem, I prefer younger characters. But it makes me sad... I am older than the whole Sylvari race! D: *just became 26 four days ago*

Happy Birthday!

I'm 48, so don't worry....you're still young! ;)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

I hope they give you the option of being an old sage. However, I want to go full blown baby face with them. I already feel old and want to at least look like a young buck in game. :P

BOOYAKA!

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

Originally posted by cyress8

I hope they give you the option of being an old sage. However, I want to go full blown baby face with them. I already feel old and want to at least look like a young buck in game. :P

If you really want to look like an old sage then pick an Asura.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

There are still a lot of options left out so I imagine you'll be able to create something like that, at least for the humans.

As the previous posters said, the Sylvari are only 25 years old as a race so I don't think you'll have an old option for them.

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

i'm 25 so no problem!

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Yeah, they've made clear that the character customization seen at gamescom is much, much more limited than what they plan for launch. There will be many sliders for fine tuning facial features (they've been quoted as planning 5 sliders just for customizing the nose). I'm sure they will offer "skin textures" that offer older faces for the races where it's appropriate.

They have access to the technology that Aion uses for character customization via NCSoft and have incorporated the technology into GW2. They have stated that the options at the extremes will be limited, in order to preserve the artistic integrity of the game. Anyone who has seen some of the extremes possible in Aion knows what they want to avoid, but there should still be plenty of tweaking available in GW2.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated