Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fogster publishing Tera

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Fogster publishing Tera

When did this happen? I just found out about this in a thread about the Loli crap.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

This is old news..lol

Frogster will be publishing Tera in Europe, while EnMass Entertainment (The old NCwest team) will be publishing Tera in North America. 

There is also an agreement with Atari and Ubisoft, to help with boxes sales, distrubition and publishing. 

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by Kumapon

This is old news..lol

Frogster will be publishing Tera in Europe, while EnMass Entertainment (The old NCwest team) will be publishing Tera in North America. 

There is also an agreement with Atari and Ubisoft, to help with boxes sales, distrubition and publishing. 

The old NCSoft West Team?

The only person I know is going to En Masse from there is co-founder of Arena Net, later CTO of NCSoft West, Patrick Wyatt.

Other co-founder of Arena Net, Jeff Strain, also left NCSoft West under amicable terms to create his own zombie MMO for consoles.

EME is pretty much the old NCwest team. 

They have 

Dr. Jae-Heon Yang – CEO

Dr. Jea-Heon Yang used to be the CTO of Ncsoft, and was head of the western process to many games such as L2 and Aion, and headed Ncsofts interest in the west. He has now left and is the CEO of EnMass. 

Chris Lee - VP/Publishing

Chris Lee used to be the manager and creative marketing programer at NCwest, he managed the marketing of Aion in the west. He left and is now VP/Publisher of Enmass. 

Patrick Wyatt – COO

Patrick Whyatt used to be in NCwest, you know the rest..lol

Brian Knox – Senior Producer

Brain Knox used to be the Senior Producer at NCwest, and produced Aion in the west. He left and is now Senior Producer of EME. 

Chris Hager -Producer

Chris Hager used to be the NA producer of Ncwest and produced Aion in the west with Brain Knox. He left and is now a Producer at EME. 

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. Almost the entire staff is a ex-Ncsoft west employee at one time or another. 

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I forsee Tera going down the same path as Aion. It's pretty much the same guy in charge of the "Westernization". The question now is, has he learned his lesson or does another game need to die?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I always figured to try tera some day ,but i have no respect for Frogster what so ever [dealth with them in ROM],so i will never try it.

Frogster  joins my list with codemasters and Ncsoft as developers i will not support for a very long time ,if ever.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

This is old news..lol

Do we have any idea when?  It's been ages since I heard any buzz at all about it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Tera got pushed back to "spring 2012" .

What happened was it got released in Korea in a unfinished state just like FF14, and because of that it just simply bombed.  

The lead developer left under pressure from the shareholders, and now there is a new team. The new team vowed to fix this game, and add lots of content. 

I have to say this new team has kept their promise, and the game is getting fixed. They are also adding lots of content every 3 months.  The only problem is the damage has been done and most koreans won't touch this game anymore. Korean Tera now has about 80k-100k active paid accounts.

The good news is they released a new more fiixed  version for Japan, and Tera got a ton of Hype. So much so that they had over 10 million accounts for open beta. With a record of 48,624 of simultaneous connections. That hype has carried over to retail. 

With this new sucess, Blue Hose Studios (The dev team) now has plenty of funding to fix the game fully and to have enough content in it for the Na/Europe audience.  But BHS said it's gonna take time, and they hope to have it fully fixed with lots of content by spring 2012.  When it is done it will be released in the west. That's why there is no concrete date. 

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

But BHS said it's gonna take time, and they hope to have it fully fixed with lots of content by spring 2012.  When it is done it will be released in the west. That's why there is no concrete date. 

Works for me.  One back on my radar, thanks.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

With the new funding, BHS has made a new beatiful website for Tera in Japan. 

Check it out !

http://tera.hangame.co.jp/lp/

Check it out !

Lol, the guy who made the animation with the horse rearing, is an idiot. No rider worth a damn ever does that.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by birdycephon

Check it out !

Lol, the guy who made the animation with the horse rearing, is an idiot. No rider worth a damn ever does that.

I'm glad super huge monsters, crazy star patterns, and fireballs from peoples hands didn't set off the realism alert, but a rearing horse did. :)

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

Originally posted by Benthon

Check it out !

I'm glad super huge monsters, crazy star patterns, and fireballs from peoples hands didn't set off the realism alert, but a rearing horse did. :)

totally agree. besides its more of an attention grabber then a horse that is standing still which was probably why they made it like that.

Originally posted by synn

Originally posted by Benthon

Check it out !

totally agree. besides its more of an attention grabber then a horse that is standing still which was probably why they made it like that.

Yeah, it grabbed my attention alright. But for all the wrong reasons. lol