Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest 2 Error - d3dx9_31.dll

Luffy4lifeLuffy4life Member Posts: 74

I was playing EverQuest 2 roughly 4-5 hours ago just fine, no problems before i went to 1 of my classes. I came back, and got an error

- The program cant start becuase d3dx9_31.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I tried reinstalling the game nothing happed. Then...

Well i browsed the EverQuest forums and almost eveyrone (if not everyone) had the same issue. Acouple of people had links to reinstall the program, DirectX or something and acouple people said it fixed the issue others said it didnt.

I dont want to have to do something that may harm or mess up something else just becuase EverQuest 2 updated something... so my question is:

Do i install/update d3dx9_31.dll or Sony (or whoever owns it) Fix this issue?

Comments

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

You shouldn't all of a sudden loose a dll file from the DirectX runtime you got installed. It's a graphics API developers use, and if you have been able to run the game once and all of sudden can't, I guess some update has fucked up the game. Regardless, try to update your Directx.

• Luffy4lifeLuffy4life Member Posts: 74

If you dont believe me google the problem or type it in the search option at EverQuest 2 forums.. everyones having this issue...

And will updating it affect any other software? (all other games including WoW) works just fine.. i dont want to screw anything up.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

been playin eq2 live sub for coupple of years, quit, came bak now to try the F2P. Have been playin it for 3 days now and its been running just as well as it did when i had the Live sub, until now...... Got the same error, read up on it on the interwebs, and then I uninstalled and now Im installing LotRO  F2p ;) .. 

Since there was an update today on EQ2 ( as they do regulary )  all the servers was down for an hour, and after that it didnt work. So my guess is SoE f****d something up today. They need to fix it so I can reopen my live account, until then Im gonna roll with LotRO, hopefully not havin to much fun cause then SoE might never get theyre greedy paws on my hard earned DeNiros again....

Haha ya, its not a huge deal.. vindictus tommorrow, and other games coming out in the pretty near future.

Was only playing EverQuest 2 to keep me preoccupied and it did for acouple days =P

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Did you try reinstalling directx 9? There isn't any danger to install it just be sure you get the right one (for OS and 32/64bit)

[Mod Edit]

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

What other steps have you completed? What ver of Windows?

Sounds silly but did you just turn off the computer wait a minute and turn it back on? Stupid DLL errors can sometimes be resolved with a RAM dump.

Try installing DirectX here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3B170B25-ABAB-4BC3-AE91-50CEB6D8FA8D

Here is 9c but... first link should do it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Installing .Net might help too since that updates registry entries and files that might be part of the issue: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by Luffy4life

If you dont believe me google the problem or type it in the search option at EverQuest 2 forums.. everyones having this issue...

And will updating it affect any other software? (all other games including WoW) works just fine.. i dont want to screw anything up.

No I believe you - the point of my post was to say that the problem is definately on their end. You probably got the problem after updating.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150

donno if theres a link already to this site but for you playin EQ2X on win 7 OS this will fix your problem.. just DL and Install..

worked for me atleast

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

edit.. see Aeri already posted this link :) thats the one u want...

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Did you try reinstalling directx 9? There isn't any danger to install it just be sure you get the right one (for OS and 32/64bit)

And "acouple" isn't a word its "a couple".

Umm im sorry dude but are u the grammar police? lol.. im prlly gonna get a "warning" from the mods.. but dude if your going to help me dont turn around and insult me.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

It wasn't an insult. But Ok.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locked thread due to necro. Moving to EQ2 forum.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.