Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I don't get is......

ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Why don't they just add an auction house and more storage or inventory space to make life easier and the game more appealing. Surely it can't be that hard to do?

Maybe simplify crafting a bit so you dont want to bang your head against a wall while your doing it.

Also make the keyboard and mouse a viable option to play the game, it's a pc game afterall and it may never even see a console release.

I'm sure if they just did those 4 things alot more people would play and they could charge a monthly sub.

I just don't get it.

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

You should go and read the offical FFXIV forums, as there are responses to all these questions and more from the dev team.  There are changes coming to all your concerns, just have to wait!

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Originally posted by Khrymson

You should go and read the offical FFXIV forums, as there are responses to all these questions and more from the dev team.  There are changes coming to all your concerns, just have to wait!

would you mind posting a lnik please as I have had a look and couldn't find anything about these issues.

• Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I feel as though it doesn't matter how appealing FF 14 may become to me (as i've been wanting to try it since release). Old Republic shOUld be out soon, and FF will be forgetten

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by Joshua69

I feel as though it doesn't matter how appealing FF 14 may become to me (as i've been wanting to try it since release). Old Republic shOUld be out soon, and FF will be forgetten

Yeah...why buy apples when you can buy oranges?

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by Shari

would you mind posting a lnik please as I have had a look and couldn't find anything about these issues.

This is for the next patch 1.19

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/20998-Letter-from-the-Producer-XVI-%2808-15-2011%29

This next link is from a post in may with a much more comprehensive future content.  Apparently, the producer is going to post an updated version very soon, with info on upcoming patches, but until then, this one below is fine.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/11012-Letter-from-the-Producer-X-%2805-20-2011%29

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

FF will never be foregotten for the simple reason that there are not that many Star Wars fans in the world/Japan especially.

I personally have been in the beta of STWOR since closed and can't be bothered to play/update it because I'm having more fun playing XIV.

At this point I doubt STWOR or GW2 could offer anything that would appeal to me over the future development of XIV.

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Originally posted by Murugan

FF will never be foregotten for the simple reason that there are not that many Star Wars fans in the world/Japan especially.

I personally have been in the beta of STWOR since closed and can't be bothered to play/update it because I'm having more fun playing XIV.

At this point I doubt STWOR or GW2 could offer anything that would appeal to me over the future development of XIV.

Im happy to hear you are enjoying FFXIV. I was crazy hyped for it before it released and then played the beta and got let down hardcore. Who knows though, maybe after they fix some stuff I may get back into it.

And about them changing crafting, I hope they dont. It was one of my fav parts in beta to be honest

Originally posted by leojreimroc

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/20998-Letter-from-the-Producer-XVI-%2808-15-2011%29

This next link is from a post in may with a much more comprehensive future content.  Apparently, the producer is going to post an updated version very soon, with info on upcoming patches, but until then, this one below is fine.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/11012-Letter-from-the-Producer-X-%2805-20-2011%29

Thank you:)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I fear that FFXIV will suffer the same way that Vanguard suffered. Fact is, they put out a poor product at launch... and this is personal for me as I spent $80 on the SE. Vanguard did the exact same thing and were never really able to recover. Vanguard is a really decent game at this point; however, they're down to one server as people just aren't willing to give it another go. 

I for one will not be trying FFIV again, even if they add what you suggested. I personally just don't like the game design in general, and nothing short of a complete overhaul of the game would make me give it a shot. I believe I'm not alone. 

Originally posted by leojreimroc

Thank you:)

Although there is some nice/interesting changes in those letters, I never read anything about addressing the issues in my first post lol

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Sorry not buying it that you are in SWTOR closed beta. Considering you took jab at me last time and another poster saying 'you don't know any FF fan who would play a game like SWTOR'. 

As far as SWTOR and GW2 offerings. Both these game will offer a lot more at launch than FFXIV couldn't since its release.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Uh, Star Wars is about as big in Japan as it is in the US; however I'm not even sure Bioware is releasing a version for SEA/Japan and Bioware games certainly aren't as popular in Japan like Square Enix games (though they ARE popular, Mass Effect did pretty well on sales in Japan).

Originally posted by Praetalus

I fear that FFXIV will suffer the same way that Vanguard suffered. Fact is, they put out a poor product at launch... and this is personal for me as I spent $80 on the SE. Vanguard did the exact same thing and were never really able to recover. Vanguard is a really decent game at this point; however, they're down to one server as people just aren't willing to give it another go. 

I for one will not be trying FFIV again, even if they add what you suggested. I personally just don't like the game design in general, and nothing short of a complete overhaul of the game would make me give it a shot. I believe I'm not alone. 

Fact is SOE sabotoged Vanguard, since taking it over they starved it of developers and funds and swore outright that they would never ever release an expansion for it

You aren't alone, but FFXIV does not need everyone who plays MMO's to like it.  Just because I'm not alone in liking whatever game you are playing doesn't mean it will suffer the same fate as Vanguard.  As long as there is a fanbase to tap into and more importantly a company supporting it, MMO's do just fine.

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

Sorry not buying it that you are in SWTOR closed beta. Considering you took jab at me last time and another poster saying 'you don't know any FF fan who would play a game like SWTOR'. 

As far as SWTOR and GW2 offerings. Both these game will offer a lot more at launch than FFXIV couldn't since its release.

Whatever not like I care if you "believe me" or not.  FFXIV had a terrible release, however I'm not in the camp that believes release is "make or break" time unless of course the investors/company behind it retroactively declare it was and dump the game or at least the resources planned for it.  Luckily for me and people who play FFXIV Square Enix did not do this.

oh and..

YOU ARE INVITED TO TEST Star Wars: THE OLD REPUBLIC!

*(&(^*&%^&^%^&%*^*&(&*(&(&(*

You must respond to confirm your

participation in the Game Testing Program.

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:

• Visit the  *&(^*(&^(*&(&(* for more information on the test.

• Be sure to

• EVERYTHING associated with the test is Confidential Information.

Your account has been selected to participate in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Game Testing Program.

You must respond to be able to participate in this test. To accept or decline this invitation, simply visit the *(^&(*&*(*&*(^*^%*&^* where you can also review the testing dates and details.

If you decide to decline this specific test, you are still eligible to participate in future tests of

EDIT: WOOPS forgot to remove working links lol.

Tried it, and I stand by my assertion that FFXIV (I never said FF fan, I'm not a FF fan, I'm an FFXI/FFXIV fan) and STWOR are so far apart I don't see how someone could like both.  Obviously many people over the years went from FFXI to WoW, enjoyed it and stayed, so there are people who either never really liked FFXI or who have really broad tastes.  However keep in mind that FFXI did just fine after WoW's release and up until Abyssea/FFXIV's launch.  The games, just like FFXI and WoW, are extremely different in many ways, always will be, and overlap only about as much as any MMO overlaps.

It's hard to explain because it is more just the "feel" you get from the games but for example:

THIS IS NOT BREAKING THEIR CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT: this is all stuff they have talked about openly.

• STWOR is made primarily in the WoW model: solo quest playing, flashpoints mainly for loot grind (WoW single group dungeons/instances), battlegrounds (battlegrounds) with PvP grind, and supposedly later WoW style raids (likely centered heavily/solely around gear grind/checks).

• FFXIV is being made for a variety of content SE styled content types (see FFXI for an example of the extreme difference)

• STWOR's systems including crafting, transportation, and everything else also pretty much directly follow the WoW model.

• FFXIV does all these systems differently.  I doubt you'll see NPC companions doing all your crafting and gathering in FFXI anytime soon, crafting takes more than one button etc. (and likely will after its revamp as well)

• FFXIV's battle system is of a completely different style than WoW/Rift/STWOR, and very likely always still will be despite any changes made to FFXIV.

• FFXIV's graphics and art style are vastly different from STWOR, obviously.

Mainly though it was:

• The direction in playing the two games for the player could not be more different.  In STWOR you are given a single class story which guides your experience and defines you, in FFXIV you are a character like a human being who can do whatever they want for example if they want to equally define their own story as part of either the main storyline, your various classes storylines, the upcoming job's storyline, expansion's storylines, can craft whatever they want, can choose whatever companion they want for quests, can join whatever city they want, can be any race they want, can wear any equipment they want, and they can change their mind at anytime and go do something else without any penalty/having to reroll.  Your character's path in the game is not limited by what you select at character creation in FFXIV, in STWOR you play a character you "created" to roleplay a single role.  Some like that more though, but it is a big departure from FFXI/FFXIV.

Different tastes, that's all.  It looks like it will be enjoyed by many people, at least they will buy it, and I hope they do because I own EA stock which is why I got into the beta, and why I did my job as a Beta tester reporting bugs/giving feedback.  I don't own Square Enix stock, I just like playing their MMO's better than other companies.

STWOR may not be for me personally, my friend is getting it so he can play with his son though (they play blizzard games together, but he hasn't had much time to play real MMO's lately) so I'm sure I'll be kept up to date on it through him at least.  I wish you/STWOR the best and I hope you like many in the STWOR fanbase don't take the WoW references as an insult, just trying to illustrate the difference between that and an MMO made by a very different company in its own style (because as an established and more importantly independent game giant, Square Enix can afford to do that), and have enough of a fanbase like XI did to make it enjoyable to the players. 

Bioware made some games that I liked, and I think they will make EA lots of money (again I hope at least).  They already have a lot more money of mine than the cost of an MMO, so I'm not gonna say "but they won't get my money!!!! GRRRRR", but I don't think I'll be spending a lot of my time on STWOR.  It's looking more and more like FFXIV or bust for me and gaming because there is just a dearth of upcoming games that I have any interest in playing.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Don't know what the hang up with keyboard and mouse is. I use WASD to move and the mouse to look around and target. the numbers right above WASD for skills. Again what's wrong with keyboard and mouse? Even though I would still tell people to pass on this game. ><

@Murugan

You cherry pick couple of points to show that SWTOR is like WOW even though it is not and that is why it is hard to believe you even played the beta. Secondly, i can do the same with FFXIV for example addition of auto attack and say 'it is becoming more like WOW' or futue additions for FFXIV which resemble traditional EQ/WOW model more than FFXI. That is why i find these comparisons with WOW ridiculous. 

@Murugan

You cherry pick couple of points to show that SWTOR is like WOW even though it is not and that is why it is hard to believe you even played the beta. Secondly, i can do the same with FFXIV for example addition of auto attack and say 'it is becoming more like WOW' or futue additions for FFXIV which resemble traditional EQ/WOW model more than FFXI. That is why i find these comparisons with WOW ridiculous. 

Guess you did find it offensive....

Anyways like I said I'm rooting for STWOR to be a financial sucess, I'm financially invested in it doing so.  If you want to get into an argument with someone about how WoW-like STWOR is or not go do it on the STWOR boards, I don't troll there because I know I am not their intended fanbase.  You came in here and called me a liar, so I responded.  (lol I'd think you would understand...)

STWOR is like WoW, and FFXIV is more like FFXI.  That's just the way it is (at least how I see it), the games are very very different experiences.  Progression in WoW/STWOR is strictly vertical, there will be gear checks, the activities are straight out of WoW (flashpoints, solo questing, and battlegrounds).  But people like that, it isn't a bad thing.

FFXI played very differently from WoW, people didn't gear grind in the same way, they actually camped/played more than your average WoW player at endgame, but ultimately the gear that they got was no where near as powerful as in WoW because it was not as loot centric.  Progression in FFXI was horizontal and later encounters were simply more difficult so people hung onto stuff like gear for any bonus they can.  Darkhold in FFXIV is the same, while stats are getting a revamp in 1.19 I don't expect them to ever be on WoW/STWOR's level, there will be sought after drops as that is important in an MMO but gear checks won't be central/necessary I don't think... ever. 

A great deal of STWOR is playing your solo quests and you know there are probably some people who wish that FFXIV was that way.  But fact is FFXIV will never have such a large % of its total content circulated around solo questing.

While FFXIV is getting PvP supposedly, I would be very suprised if we got a WoW/STWOR style battlegrounds with a PvP grind associated with it, that would be so uncharacteristic like that it would blow my socks off.

It's true that FFXIV is not FFXI's twin, and STWOR is not WoW's twin, but there are differences between the two sets of games which make the direction of their development significantly different.

@Murugan

Anyways like I said I'm rooting for STWOR to be a financial sucess, I'm financially invested in it doing so.  If you want to get into an argument with someone about how WoW-like STWOR is or not go do it on the STWOR boards, I don't troll there because I know I am not their intended fanbase.  You came in here and called me a liar, so I responded.  (lol I'd think you would understand...)

Do i need your permission now to post on these forums? true it is a FFXIV board but it is you who have been talking about Swtor not me. I just responded to your SWTOR and WOW comparisons. I really don't care if you are not interested in playing GW2 or SWTOR but it certainly caught my interest when you said SWTOR is based on WOW model when FFXIV future direction is more likely to go the same route. Addition of 'auto attack' was just one of many (quests, storylines, world quests, instance dungeons containing sought after loot, tutorials) steps to ease people into familiar waters. (i prefer calling it more like traditional MMO instead of bringing WOW in every discussion considering all these features existed even before WOW).

@Murugan

Do i need your permission now to post on these forums? true it is a FFXIV board but it is you who have been talking about Swtor not me. I just responded to your SWTOR and WOW comparisons. I really don't care if you are not interested in playing GW2 or SWTOR but it certainly caught my interest when you said SWTOR is based on WOW model when FFXIV future direction is more likely to go the same route. Addition of 'auto attack' was just one of many (quests, storylines, world quests, tutorials) steps to ease people into familiar waters.

Seems you don't understand my comparison, as evidenced by your thinking that auto attack somehow makes FFXIV more of a "WoW clone" than a game which focuses on solo quest progression as the main source of leveling, 4 person loot driven flashpoints, and PvP grind associated battlegrounds (the things which I would say define WoW in contrast to FFXI/other MMO's that preceded it).

Auto attack was standard in MMO's long before WoW, what WoW mainly changed about MMO's were the things I mentioned, the things that STWOR touts as its central focuses.  Not to mention talent trees/specializations/strict faction vs faction/race-class locking/and the myriad of other commonalities which are also central to STWOR's design and not found in XIV or XIV's future plans.

So let's leave this little off topic discussion at that.

@Murugan

Do i need your permission now to post on these forums? true it is a FFXIV board but it is you who have been talking about Swtor not me. I just responded to your SWTOR and WOW comparisons. I really don't care if you are not interested in playing GW2 or SWTOR but it certainly caught my interest when you said SWTOR is based on WOW model when FFXIV future direction is more likely to go the same route. Addition of 'auto attack' was just one of many (quests, storylines, world quests, tutorials) steps to ease people into familiar waters.

Seems you don't understand my comparison, as evidenced by your thinking that auto attack somehow makes FFXIV more of a "WoW clone" than a game which focuses on solo quest progression as the main source of leveling, 4 person loot driven flashpoints, and PvP grind associated battlegrounds (the things which I would say define WoW in contrast to FFXI/other MMO's that preceded it).

Auto attack was standard in MMO's long before WoW, what WoW mainly changed about MMO's were the things I mentioned, the things that STWOR touts as it's central focuses.

Bingo!!. it is silly to make WOW comparisons no matter how you put it. i used your logic to define how FFXIV future changes can be considered as 'following WOW model'. if auto attack existed before WOW so did the other features which you cherry picked to make SWTOR look like a copy of WOW.  Swtor is also doing some things differently but obviously you would never mention that ;) The only central focus that SWTOR touts is fully voiced personal storyline and i don't remember WOW having that.

@Murugan

Auto attack was standard in MMO's long before WoW, what WoW mainly changed about MMO's were the things I mentioned, the things that STWOR touts as it's central focuses.

Bingo!!. it is silly to make WOW comparisons no matter how you put it. i used your logic to define how FFXIV future changes can be considered as 'following WOW model'. if auto attack existed before WOW so did the other features which you cherry picked to make SWTOR look like a copy of WOW.  Swtor is also doing some things differently but obviously you would never mention that ;) The only central focus that SWTOR touts is fully voiced personal storyline and i don't remember WOW having that.

If you said so, voiced or not, WoW was the MMO that brough that type of "questing" as its central leveling focus to MMO's, and the way it did it's "instances and dungeons" and "battlegrounds" as its main form of content was also uniquely WoW.  STWOR does these things, they are its central features.

But hey if you want to keep spewing PR lines at me like it somehow makes it different having some voice actor tell you to kill 10 Gooblaks rather than forming a party for XP like in most older MMO's, or conviently ignoring battleground PvP grind versus raid/dungeon(flashpoint) gear grind as alternative content being exactly like WoW.  Those are the things that define WoW, not auto attack.

@Murugan

If you said so, voiced or not, WoW was the MMO that brough that type of "questing" as its central leveling focus to MMO's, and the way it did it's "instances and dungeons" and "battlegrounds" as its main form of content was also uniquely WoW.  STWOR does these things, they are its central features.

But hey if you want to keep spewing PR lines at me like it somehow makes it different having some voice actor tell you to kill 10 Gooblaks rather than forming a party for XP like in most older MMO's, or conviently ignoring battleground PvP grind versus raid/dungeon(flashpoint) gear grind as alternative content being exactly like WoW.  Those are the things that define WoW, not auto attack.

First of all the storyline with voice over doesn't tell you to kill 10 gooblaks or anything like that. Sorry but that beta they gave you was a big waste. I am only using your logic to tell you how easy it is to make any MMO look like a WOW clone. Ignore the new and interesting features and hand pick one or two and compare it to WOW. In future FFXIV will have instanced dungeons with loots, questing etc..maybe we can call it a WOW clone too.

And i don't care what you think is central focus of SWTOR. The most touted feature of SWTOR from day one has been voiced over personal storylines which are nothing like 'that type of questing' in WOW. As far as throwing PR lines thanks for the laugh. It is ironic especially coming from you who love to advertise FFXIV on this site. ;)

@Murugan

First of all the storyline with voice over doesn't tell you to kill 10 gooblaks or anything like that. Sorry but that beta they gave you was a big waste. I am only using your logic to tell you how easy it is to make any MMO look like a WOW clone. Ignore the new and interesting features and hand pick one or two and compare it to WOW. In future FFXIV will have instanced dungeons with loots, questing etc..maybe we can call it a WOW clone too.

And i don't care what you think is central focus of SWTOR. The most touted feature of SWTOR from day one has been voiced over personal storylines which are nothing like 'that type of questing' in WOW. As far as throwing PR lines thanks for the laugh. It is ironic especially coming from you who love to advertise FFXIV on this site. ;)

They are not personal storylines they are class based storylines.  I'm sorry but there is going to be quite a few kill 10 gooblak, and click on 10 moobloks type quests in this "epic" class based storyline.  You're right thank god they didn't make the voice actors actually say that, but ultimately that is what many of them boil down to.  I really hate running around and clicking a few things or killing a few weak mobs while not being challenged at all, so this type of gameplay really doesn't appeal to me.  Likewise party grinding really turns off some people even though you actually can affect how well your group does unlike waiting for clickies to appear, it's a matter of taste.

This is because it is solo based and they likely don't want limits preventing certain people from progressing, I don't understand why developers feel the need to do this but it is present in XIV too with our (horrible mistake) soloable main quest line Tanaka originally put it in (hopefully it will be rectified in the future).  FFXI was the only MMO I ever played to have truly difficult solo checks with fights like Maat, though Vanguard's griffon quest was pretty difficult as well it was purely optional, in solo player games they can have difficult solo content because they have a difficulty setting but obviously this isn't possible in MMO's so they seem to have to simplify a lot of solo activities as a result.

Sure there is also an overarching grand story per class, but whether it is on par with the original Knights of the Old Republic or Dragon Age 2 I guess will be subjective/to be seen after launch (who knows they could be holding back the real story during beta, and everythign is currently subject to change).

It's a WoW clone because it revolves around mainly progressing your character through solo simple questing, and the only alternative content options are basically ripped directly out of WoW:

• small instances for loot, and unfortunately may not be very popular with a lot of players given the much more appealing option of purely solo leveling/gear obtainment)

• PvP battlegrounds tied to a PvP reward grind.

• Eventual implementation of large raids that work in the same manner of the small instances (gear checks)

This is counter to the design philosophy of XIV.

• So whether XIV continues to add more instanced content (they had instanced content long before WoW), that instanced content will not be centered around gearing for gear checks. Because other systems in the game are more powerful or can equate to the advantage gained by stats derived from dropped gear.  This is often referred to as horizontal progression, and is something WoW/WoW clones have little of.

• They will continue to add questing and other solo options, but they also have a major focus on party based leveling options which will cause the majority of players who are able to group up throughout the game. 

• STWOR does not have this, and will likely never have this flashpoints are an alternative, and not a very appealing option for leveling (they are on par with leveling solely through instances in WoW which if you follow WoW/WoW clones you will know is actually quite rare and dififcult to do)

• Characters in WoW clones are locked into their choices made at character creation which will continue to guide their gameplay unless they reroll, in FFXI/FFXIV it is an open system where the character does what they will and can specialize in multiple or all roles if they choose.  In WoW clones and STWOR this only goes as far as being able to choose a "specialization" among a small selection, and use a talent tree.

• FFXIV will add PvP games, but I would be very suprised if they were battleground types centered around grinding a PvP system for gear because this again is counter to the design philosophy of the game and even if proposed would cause a great outcry from the fanbase.

• DoL and DoH systems are going to undergo a revamp similiar to the battle system, however it is extremely unlikely that this revamp will bring in an automated system like WoW/WoW clones and STWOR.

These six major things which defined the big seperation of WoW from many MMO's before it and guided "WoW clones since then", and these are what seperates FFXI/FFXIV now and into the future from that subgenre of MMO games.  I wish STWOR the best, and don't mean WoW clone in this case as an insult I'm just trying to show how different the games are and always will be.

Anyways this is the absolute last time I will be posting on STWOR on this subject, I really can't stand it when people come and troll an MMO I play just because it doesn't jive with their tastes.  The personal attacks aren't necessary.  I don't do that on the STWOR forum, and this is the FFXIV section I merely wanted to point out why I think the two games are and will always be vastly different in terms of overall design philosophy.  I think STWOR is capable of being a very good game in its sub genre, and I do not think it is a rip off of WoW, I think it can and should be much better than WoW.  I hope that it steamrolls WoW as the MMO of the Western masses, and in the process makes me a nice buck as an investor in EA. 

I don't see me personally playing it, but if I become independtly wealthy because 6 million other people do, then you know maybe I'll have time to play it on the side in addition to FFXIV.

It's a WoW clone because it revolves around mainly progressing your character through solo simple questing, and the only alternative content options are basically ripped directly out of WoW:

• small instances for loot, and unfortunately may not be very popular with a lot of players given the much more appealing option of purely solo leveling/gear obtainment)

• PvP battlegrounds tied to a PvP reward grind.

• Eventual implementation of large raids that work in the same manner of the small instances (gear checks)

You must have a very tunnel vision if you think instanced dungeons with loots, PVP battlegrounds and  raids make a MMO a WOW clone. Now if a MMO only has these three things to offer sure but that is not the case. SWTOR is offering a lot of feature but people like you hand pick two or three things which suit their argument to make it look like a WOW clone. And if i go by your definition then SWTOR is a very small and little game which offer only instanced loots and PVP dungeons. Which is again is false. But like i said you select only 3 things out of huge list because it suits your argument.

This is counter to the design philosophy of XIV.

• So whether XIV continues to add more instanced content (they had instanced content long before WoW), that instanced content will not be centered around gearing for gear checks. Because other systems in the game are more powerful or can equate to the advantage gained by stats derived from dropped gear.  This is often referred to as horizontal progression, and is something WoW/WoW clones have little of.

FFXIV had no instanced dungeons. But since FFXIV is trying to identify itself more and more with tradtional MMOS they realised that grinding mobs and crafting isn't enough for players. So now we are getting instanced dungeons with loot drops. Crafting being a main focus of FFXIV it will always be a powerful medium to acquire  gear but that doesn't make instances any less important considering not everyone wants to craft. Anyways, my point was that usually people scream 'WOW clone' moment they hear about a MMO using instanced dungeons for loots'. Even though WOW is not the one which started it.

• They will continue to add questing and other solo options, but they also have a major focus on party based leveling options which will cause the majority of players who are able to group up throughout the game.       

• STWOR does not have this, and will likely never have this flashpoints are an alternative, and not a very appealing option for leveling (they are on par with leveling solely through instances in WoW which if you follow WoW/WoW clones you will know is actually quite rare and dififcult to do)

Wrong. yes it is possible to solo all the way to level cap just like FFXIV but SWTOR has enough features in place for those who want to group up. Other than Flashpoints we have.....

Operations will be epic, multi-group events with settings and immersive gameplay inspired by scenes in the Star  Wars movies. Operations can be formed at any time but before level 50 it is only normally to take down World bosses. 

Heroic quests are of higher difficulty than normal quests, potentially require a group.

World Quests – These are your standard MMO/RPG quests that you can pick up as you perform other tasks either in group or solo.

World Arcs – These are grand far reaching quests designed to be done in a group but can also be solo'd.  

Bonus Quests - You do not ask/find these they happen automatically. 

Group Quests are quests of higher difficulty that provide a challenge to groups, There 2+ group quests which can be done with 2 players and their companions and group quests with 4 players in mind. 

Group Quests can be located in the open world or instances (or both), it depends on the quest.

And what does FFXIV offers in comparison? leves which can be soloed or in group; behests, party grind for xp, named bosses and now instances for loot. Sounds fair to me. 

• Characters in WoW clones are locked into their choices made at character creation which will continue to guide their gameplay unless they reroll, in FFXI/FFXIV it is an open system where the character does what they will and can specialize in multiple or all roles if they choose.  In WoW clones and STWOR this only goes as far as being able to choose a "specialization" among a small selection, and use a talent tree.

Star Wars universe has always been about one role. unless you want jedi to act like a bounty hunter or vice versa. I don't even know why you would make this comparison. Restrictions are not by choice but due to the IP.

• FFXIV will add PvP games, but I would be very suprised if they were battleground types centered around grinding a PvP system for gear because this again is counter to the design philosophy of the game and even if proposed would cause a great outcry from the fanbase.

You know nothing about their future design philosophy since nothing is set in stone. So yes you can speculate all you want but don't be surprised if you see something similar to battlegrounds /warfronts and i really hope you won't slit your wrist that  day.

• DoL and DoH systems are going to undergo a revamp similiar to the battle system, however it is extremely unlikely that this revamp will bring in an automated system like WoW/WoW clones and STWOR.

These six major things which defined the big seperation of WoW from many MMO's before it and guided "WoW clones since then", and these are what seperates FFXI/FFXIV now and into the future from that subgenre of MMO games.  I wish STWOR the best, and don't mean WoW clone in this case as an insult I'm just trying to show how different the games are and always will be.

I failed to see a big seperation except for multiple jobs and lack of PVP  but then again it doesn't go with Star Wars classes /roles and the lore itself. 

Anyways this is the absolute last time I will be posting on STWOR on this subject, I really can't stand it when people come and troll an MMO I play just because it doesn't jive with their tastes.  The personal attacks aren't necessary.  I don't do that on the STWOR forum, and this is the FFXIV section I merely wanted to point out why I think the two games are and will always be vastly different in terms of overall design philosophy.  I think STWOR is capable of being a very good game in its sub genre, and I do not think it is a rip off of WoW, I think it can and should be much better than WoW.  I hope that it steamrolls WoW as the MMO of the Western masses, and in the process makes me a nice buck as an investor in EA. 

Troll? i thought we were having a discussion? but i guess people resort to name calling only when they are running out of things to say? how ever i like your style. You call me a troll and then in very next sentence you say 'personal attacks are unecessary'. lol

The un necessary comparison was started you by the way so i just had to correct the mis information regarding SWTOR. As far as future design philosophy. From whatever i have read and the future direction of FFXIV,it is moving more towards traditional MMOS like EQ and WOW and still trying to keep its own identity just like SWTOR is trying to do.But one has to be rational, unbiased and open minded to see that.

All the new MMO releasing end of this year and next have long list of features which contain some old and familiar things along with new. But what i dislike is how people like you ignore what is new and different and focus only two or three old feature which are not there because company is trying to copy WOW but because these features work and players enjoy it. One has to be very narrow minded to look at a MMO and think that all it offers is instanced dungeons and PVP and ignore everything else. 

I don't see me personally playing it, but if I become independtly wealthy because 6 million other people do, then you know maybe I'll have time to play it on the side in addition to FFXIV.