Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crisp technology for Tera

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Official link: http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21488

Video about Crisp: http://www.crispthinking.com/components

Quote:

CRISP TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATED INTO

GROUNDBREAKING NEW MMORPG, TERA

LEEDS, UK – August 10, 2011 – Crisp Thinking announced today that their unique, automated community management platform will be integrated into TERA, a next-generation, action based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) to be launched in Spring 2012 by En Masse Entertainment.

The Crisp Platform tackles threats including gold farming, spam bots, griefing, power levelling and phishing attacks by detecting irregular in-game behaviour; patterns within online chat and social graph activity in real time. It detects bad behaviour and monitors trading activity in real time; automatically deals with low-level behaviour in accordance with rules set by moderators; and prioritises and escalates more severe problems to moderation teams.

Seattle-based En Masse is the latest in a long line of global companies to integrate the Crisp Platform to manage and moderate all online content within private online communities, MMOs, Virtual Worlds and public Social Media. Operating in more than 10 languages, the Crisp Platform is the only automated, real-time technology available that uses a combination of machine learning heuristics, concept analysis, filtering technology and reputation analysis – stopping threats to online game economies, keeping brands safe and enhancing the experience for players.

"We chose the Crisp Thinking Platform because it really is the very best available. In testing we've been extremely impressed with its performance. The Crisp Platform automates many of the functions of human moderators, which allows our live team to spend their time moderating serious issues and helping players," said Patrick Wyatt, Chief Operating Officer, En Masse Entertainment. "MMOs are judged by how well they deliver a compelling gameplay experience. A crucial element is how well they respond to and deal with anti-social behaviour and threats such as gold farming, griefing and spamming – unchecked, these threats can destroy even the most popular online games. The Crisp Thinking Platform is one of the key components we’ll be using to keep the TERA game environment safe and fun for our players."

TERA is a new class of game that combines all the depth of an MMO with the visceral gratification of an action combat game. Players master their destiny using a dynamic combat system in which player skill—not just stats—determine success or failure in a richly detailed game world. Individual player actions can transform the balance of power in a world where old rivalries are erased, and disparate races must form a common federation to stave off destruction by marauding monsters and warring gods. __________________

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

I hope they don't go overboard with it. I'd hate to see them start banning people over a simple case of swearing in public.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

While the goal may be good this marketing release reminds me more of the books Farenheit 451 and 1984 than it does of a community service in a game.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Crisp can be extreemly intrusive. That is why it is used on mostly family games like Free Realms and Lego Universe.  You can set it to pick up any bad word and that person will get a ban.

I hope EME does the right thing and not go overboard, as you can do that with Crisp.  But nothing replaces active GM's in games, and they better be prepared for the legion of bots/Rmt that will be comming. 

• NaxriusNaxrius Member Posts: 62

This is already looking like some pussy friendly mmo...

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

This means they dont have a plan to get some GM's live on game, bah as i thought they are bashing this promissed game to garbage

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by pedrostrik

This means they dont have a plan to get some GM's live on game, bah as i thought they are bashing this promissed game to garbage

Tera will have live GMs.

"TERA will have game masters of the human variety monitoring and actioning player-generated tickets."

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=426003&postcount=2

"The Crisp Platform automates many of the functions of human moderators, which allows our live team to spend their time moderating serious issues and helping players"

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=436184&postcount=1

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by bygeorge

Tera will have live GMs.

"TERA will have game masters of the human variety monitoring and actioning player-generated tickets."

"The Crisp Platform automates many of the functions of human moderators, which allows our live team to spend their time moderating serious issues and helping players"

Uhm... if I read this good, then Crisp will be in-game GM, while the actual live GM's will only look at support tickets.

My bet is that the support tickets live GMs will process will be requests to unban legit players who have been banned by the Crisp GM :D

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Naxrius

This is already looking like some pussy friendly mmo...

There is nothing wrong with being friendly to pussies.  Or at least that is THIS female's view.

On topic:

This amount of intrusion, in my opinion, is not acceptable in a game that expects a good amount of adults to be playing.  Now if they intend this to be a children's game that protects all the wee children from each others' potty mouths, well then.....okay.  But if that's what TERA is then I certainly never saw that coming.  O.O

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by Reizla

Originally posted by bygeorge

Tera will have live GMs.

Uhm... if I read this good, then Crisp will be in-game GM, while the actual live GM's will only look at support tickets.

My bet is that the support tickets live GMs will process will be requests to unban legit players who have been banned by the Crisp GM :D

EDIT:

"Let's clarify this a bit. We're gamers. We play the games you do and we get frustrated by bad behavior in multiplayer games just like you. MMOs are capable of generating thousands of lines of chat per second, a rate that human Game Masters cannot effectively monitor. This is where Crisp comes in.

Crisp is a realtime chat filtering solution and notifies us about repeated behavior in chat. It is not Gameguard and does not require a separate installation. Our goal is to implement Crisp to moderate chat to help us keep TERA safe and free of bad behavior.

That said, Crisp does not make the rules regarding behavior, En Masse Entertainment does and they'll be clearly outlined prior to TERA's launch. As an example, using profanity will not result in an immediate action where spamming profanity to grief another user will. TERA's ESRB rating has no bearing on user behavior. The First Amendment does not apply to En Masse Entertainment's channels including in-game and forums. Read up on your rights if you doubt this.

The Crisp platform is not wholly autonomous. Tickets will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and we will have multiple channels for users to ask questions about actions taken against accounts. T-1000, this is not. We aren't here to curb your enjoyment of TERA, quite the opposite: we're here to prevent bad behavior from ruining it."

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=439324&postcount=12