Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sony online entertainment, and everquest to sharing accounts

cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345

I have a friend that didnt want to use his old everquest2 account and wanted to transfer a character over to my account EQ2. Now he plays periodically on my account to play EQ1 and uses his credit card to pay for the service. I pay for EQ2 with another credit card. Now sony is saying for the transfer of eq2 accounts why are theyre multiple users(me and him namely) in different states when the 2 accounts have to different names so they dont want to transfer and are giving me hell. I didnt know this about sharing.

Can they ban me on my account EQ2 cause he uses it? I can see them banning his old account cause they deem it theyre policy but will they find out hes logging on EQ in another State on my account and ban mine?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The EULA states that sharing a subscription is cause for them to permanently close that account.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Frankly, your best bet would be to call, and explain the situation to a live person.  Since you're both actually paying for their services, they're more likely to be willing to work out a solution for you - rather than lose two subs.  Email is definately a poor second choice in situationsa like this!

While most EULA's state account sharing is bad....most companies will be more than willing to work with you so that they keep a paying sub or two.