Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Item shop

2»

Comments

• claytosclaytos Member Posts: 177

Dlc with new dungeon is basically: you have to buy it if you want that cool armor set or that cool weapon and if you want to be the cool one. 

But if those armor sets and weapons don't give any advantage than the look then i think it's okay.

Originally posted by evolver1972

Originally posted by claytos

Please ArenaNet. stick with the basic only.

-Name/gender/apperance change is fine

-Transmutation stone is fine (can be purchased ingame with Karma too)

-Costumes/mask and weapon/armor skin is fine

-character slot is fine

-storage slot is fine

-mini pets is fine

Don't ever touch this

-Xp boost is pointless because of sidekicking

-Dlc with new dungeon and armor/weapon? please no... just no

-speed boost? no

-mount? no

-unique special pet for ranger? no

everything ta give a + over other player is a no. Please ArenaNet ... Don't do something that stupid

Mostly agree with you.  Although, I don't care what they offer as long as it doesn't give you an advantage over others.  Special pet?  Doesn't matter to me as long as it's only as powerful as any other pet.  Same with armor/weapons.

Don't mind DLC at all.  Then it's my choice if I want to buy it and play it.  As long as the loot from it is comparable stat wise to loot elsewhere in game that I don't have to pay extra for if I don't want to.

I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence, though! :)

Yea i reviewed my writing and ... Special pets isn't bad if they are as powerfull as the other pets. and same with Dlc: if the armor sets ans weapons they give don't give more stat then it is ok.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

* An itemshop with "I win" items and potions.

I hope it doesn't come to this.  That would cheapen the game beyond what I would find acceptable.

After all if I wanted to play (insert pay to win game name here), then I'd already be playing it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

They will sell a bunch of decorative stuff and cool looking items but he said a thousand times that the items you can get in game already look really cool as well.

They're simply adding what people ask for - some level of customization!

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by droidgod

my answer is cosmetic items and stuff like Transmutation stones. And they wont do any 2x exp stuff in my opinion which is more pointless in GW2 than in GW1 esp with sidekicking. Also mind you cool stuff like transmutation stones will NOT be item shop only, they will be available from Karma point vendors( Karma is spl currency awarded for participation in DEs)

Actually, because it IS so pointless, I actually wouldn't mind if they sold 2x exp stones or something, especially if it's after a year or so when people are mostly working on alts.

Levels just aren't a big deal in GW2.  They're almost fake.  Sidekicking up, sidekicking down... automatic full levels in competitive PvP...

You can tell Arenanet wanted to do a game without levels, but just didn't think they'd be able to sell it to the mass audience.  So they made 80 levels worth of mostly fake levels.

If somebody is THAT determined that spending 100 hours or so to level up a character is way too long, then... oh well.  More power to them, I guess.  They're not really buying power.  Sure, they're rushing ahead a bit, but I'm getting to experience more awesome gameplay.

I used to kill myself in CoH nonstop for massive xp penalties, just so I could finish some story arcs without outlevelling them, and the story in that game was pretty abyssmal. :P  GW2 is looking to be better.

so with the Sidekicking up and down. dose that mean i could do everything in gw2 and be only lvl 50? or there is more stuff unlock when u reach 80? but u still need to reach lvl 35 to get accet to the first dungeon right so at lvl 35 i could do everything since there is the sidekicking up? what u get at lvl 80 that u dont have at 35?

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Originally posted by evolver1972

So, what exactly are those monthly costs?  I just did an admittedly quick search on that and couldn't find anything (not recent anyway - they claimed a total of $200 million in 2008, so about $50 million per year).  Considering that GW1 has been running for over 5 years and still seems to remain profitable kind of shows me that their non sub business model works just fine.  In fact, it seems to expose the fallacy that Blizzard "has" to charge a monthly fee to be profitable.

GW1's cash shop has mostly cosmetic items, the pet unlock pack, the elite skills unlock pack (you still have to go find the skills in PvE), and the bonus mission packs.  With the exception of some of the new cosmetic items, most of those things have been in the cash shop for years so I'm sure they aren't relying on that as a base revenue.  I don't know for sure but I can't imagine that people bought that stuff on a large scale even a year after they came out.  I could be wrong though, I haven't seen Anet's books.

Either way, Anet seems to have been able to make a profitable game that they have proven to be able to maintain as well as WoW, but without the sub fee.  I wouldn't be too surprised if they did it again.

Guildwars servers can't be compared to typical MMO servers...  lets say server costs are $50.000.000 a year for $5.000.000 players, thats about $10/year...  add to that the continuous costs of the development team, then its obvious that they need atleast an income of $30 /playing customer /year  to break even...   so they need atleast 2 expansions a year at $30 each if they sell boxes through retail... to make a tiny bit of money...

So there is no other way for them to have an itemshop where the average Joe spends atleast $5 a month on virtuall items to make a tiny bit of profit....

Now you can argue with my math, but the general idea is there.... they need to sell stuff to make up for the server upcosts, and the development teams sallary and on top of that keep investors happy in these harsh times...

Your entire post is completely inalid due to simple fact that GW1 made enough money to pay for ALL servers of ALL NCSoft games [lineage 2, GW1, Aion and many others]. That in itself completely invalidating your post.

Also another thing is that if you had some more info you would know that 3-4 months worth of blizzard's revenue [when they had 11mln players] was so much that it basically made game "free". 4 months worth revenue covered cost of developing WoW and 5 years of sustainign servers + paying devs + paying tech team etc. 4 months worth of revenue was enough to return 5+ years worth od running and developing the game with all associated costs.

If memory serves WoW brought in 2010 1 400 000 000$ revenue, yes, 1,4 billion [or 1,6? dont remember exactly]

Numbers may vary a bit because i would check my data sheet but you get the general idea.

Subs = bullshit and GW1 proved it, GW2 will solidify it even more.

Originally posted by sk8chalif

so with the Sidekicking up and down. dose that mean i could do everything in gw2 and be only lvl 50? or there is more stuff unlock when u reach 80? but u still need to reach lvl 35 to get accet to the first dungeon right so at lvl 35 i could do everything since there is the sidekicking up? what u get at lvl 80 that u dont have at 35?

i don't think that there is a sidekicking up. A sidekicking down yes, when you go lower lvl area but when you go to a higher lvl area you just get raped. maybe when you are in a party with a friend you can sidekick him up like in warhammer? i don't remember something like sidekicking up. but still... what the point of double exp? WvW pvp is for all lvl and competitive pvp give you a lvl 80 character right away. Dungeon? who want to lvl faster just to do a dungeon? pointless

• end_break_fend_break_f Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by aesperus

Agreed. Fail poll.

What kind of item shop will GW2 have? Answer : Probably the same type of shop they had in GW1.

- Some DLC (hidden dungeons, items, pets, etc.)

- Cosmetic Items (costumes, armor skins, weapon skins, etc.)

- Potions (exp boosts, dyes)

That's quite a big step up from GW1 to be honest.

Glad someone else realizes this. Also to add, transmutation stones were not in the original guild wars. And if you bought every campaign, you would only need to buy 2 character slot to have spaces for all 10 professions in guild wars 1. Bank space was also for sale, but I didn't need that even after 5 years worth of minipets on 8 chars started filling my inventory.

GW1 did'nt have dungeons on the cash shop, but it did have the bonus mission pack, I guess it's the same except it was the story of Gwen, Togo and others. I think one of those was a buy from Anet pre-order bonus, but it you did'nt it cost you.

Personally, I'm not happy with the advancement of their cash shop as I bought the original. Bought all their expansions and there was only slots, bank space and pvp char unlocks in the "cash shop" until the game died a year after Eye of the North.

I'll happily pay for the game and expansions. Less thrilled about death by a throusand cuts from DLC.

Originally posted by claytos

Originally posted by sk8chalif

i don't think that there is a sidekicking up. A sidekicking down yes, when you go lower lvl area but when you go to a higher lvl area you just get raped. maybe when you are in a party with a friend you can sidekick him up like in warhammer? i don't remember something like sidekicking up. but still... what the point of double exp? WvW pvp is for all lvl and competitive pvp give you a lvl 80 character right away. Dungeon? who want to lvl faster just to do a dungeon? pointless

ah thankz you , i did not know :P

In PVE, a character wanting to play higher level content can be sidekicked by a higher-level character to increase their level. While in World PvP, any character will be sidekicked automatically to level 80 to fight against other worlds.

When a character is sidekicked up they do not receive any new abilities, but are scaled up in power to be more equal to other players and to access the higher-level content. However, a character scaled from a lower level is weaker than one with a higher level even after being sidekicked. For example, level 1 sidekicked up to level 80 is worse than level 20 sidekicked up to level 80, which is worse than level 40 sidekicked up to level 80