Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone actually hacked my GW account...

Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Today it finally happened, someone did for some reason hack my account and robbed me blind.

They did leave my armor (with some rather expensive runes on, the bow I was holding but not the other 4 ones that only my character could use and a few rare components at my bank, the rest was gone.

Funny thing is that I recieved no mails, never written in my password or character name (which you must know to log in) on any other computer than mine and no one have seen me write them either.

I have also scanned my computer after any viruses or malware both on my regular virusscanner/firewall (Comodo) and on a online scanner (housecall) and found no viruses or malware. I am currently scanning with add aware as well.

The password was not something you could just guess and even if you could you still had to know a characters name to use it. But even more strange is the fact that someone bothered, money isn't that much of a deal in the game and the gear could at best be salvaged even if it looked like someone vendortrashed it.

Suddenly am I glad of my static IP, it should at least make things easier for NC soft.

I have reported everything and hope to at least get some of my stuff back.

And no, I don't lie about not giving away my password. I never been hacked in any game before and I am rather paranoid about the net, And I of course never bought gold in any game or anything else for that matter.

Seriously annoying.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Good luck with that.  I hope they resolve it for you.

GW is the last thing I'd expect to see hacked.  Checking mine now and time for a PW change.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Good luck with that.  I hope they resolve it for you.

GW is the last thing I'd expect to see hacked.  Checking mine now and time for a PW change.

Yeah, that was what I thought as well. I always thought it would be my EQ2 account if anything.

• kzaskekzaske Member UncommonPosts: 518

Don't kid yourself.  ArenaNet does not restore the items lost on hacked accounts but they will restore your account to you.  Best of luck to you.

Originally posted by kzaske

Don't kid yourself.  ArenaNet does not restore the items lost on hacked accounts but they will restore your account to you.  Best of luck to you.

Worth a try. But I have already gotten control over it again since they never changed the account name. Seems like they only were interested in stealing the stuff.

It is NC soft that handles stuff like this, not ANET. I am also more interested in punishing the ones behind it or at least the ones that bought the gold.

We appreciate your patience during our investigation. After checking the game logs, I found that your account was accessed by gold sellers. I recommend that you immediately scan your computer for viruses as this intrusion may have been caused by a keylogger being downloaded onto your computer. Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date before scanning, and then be sure to change the password to your Guild Wars and e-mail accounts immediately after.

While I would like to reimburse your missing items, the Guild Wars Support Team does not have the capability to replace characters or items, whether they are lost through the actions of unfriendly players, deletion accidents, or through other means.

Crud, I did indeed have a a trojan on my computer. My antivirus didn't find it and neither did -housecalls online scan but Add aware found it during a full scan. I am not sure if it really is the thing behind this or not but I guess it is likely.

Almost all my stuff is gone but at least they did find the goldsellers and hopefully banned some buyers, the selling account were probably hijacked just as my account.

I have to say that it sucks that they can't restore stolen stuff. With GW it isn't a huge deal even though it costed me at least 150 plat but they will really have to get better for GW2 if they plan to enter the big league against companies like Blizzard.

Never buy gold.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

I've had my account hacked twice.  Both times they took a bunch of plat and nothing else.  I actually had to change my email and password to keep this from happening.

Originally posted by zonzai

I've had my account hacked twice.  Both times they took a bunch of plat and nothing else.  I actually had to change my email and password to keep this from happening.

Good advice, I changed my account name as well now just to be sure. Thanks.

I was more annoyed that they robbed my bank from all consumables and crafting resources than the actual plat, even yhough it was annoying since I just were about to buy a new elite armor for my necro for the gold.

They cleared out my main character and one of my mules together with my bank, they did not touch the rest of them at least.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    mine was hacked about a month ago but all that happened was they deleted my worst alt n all my characters were in toa so ya was weird n also they got my ncsoft master account blocked