Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dropped from Hard Core to Novice.

I was a very active poster here until about a month ago I lost internet access. I'm back now but I'm labeled as a novice again.

Can I have it changed back to 4-star, please?

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

It is not a permanent ranking it is dependent on your posting. I was elite when my forum activity was high but when I started posting less it droped week by week. You cannot ask them to put it back just post more and write relevant posts on topics and it will go up. Plus they can also degrade it if you spam and  insult or disobey the rules.

Chamber of Chains
  • TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by cheyane

It is not a permanent ranking it is dependent on your posting. I was elite when my forum activity was high but when I started posting less it droped week by week. You cannot ask them to put it back just post more and write relevant posts on topics and it will go up. Plus they can also degrade it if you spam and  insult or disobey the rules.

Well wait a minute, but wouldn't someone who has been playing MMOs for years now, and been apart of these forums longer then say, me who has just recently started posting, get more recognition? I'm all for being "In the now," but I also like hearing from the vets who have way more experience.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Originally posted by cheyane

This is totally untrue.  If it were, I'd be at -5 stars, easily.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Don't worry so much of the title and number of stars a poster have. Some of the best posters here have just one because they don't post so often but only relevant stuff.

People here recognize eachother after a while anyways, stars are just fluff.

But you could use an unique avatar to make it slightly easier for people to remember you if you post good posts (or bad), or some interesting signature. Me, I don't bother about signatures and just have a picture of myself as my avatars, I let my posts speak for me.

Postcount and join date matters a little here but mostly it discredit people that join the same week and have a few posts only trashing or praising a certain game.

Write good posts, that will give you a better rep than any title or stars. :)

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Originally posted by Loke666

Don't worry so much of the title and number of stars a poster have. Some of the best posters here have just one because they don't post so often but only relevant stuff.

People here recognize eachother after a while anyways, stars are just fluff.

But you could use an unique avatar to make it slightly easier for people to remember you if you post good posts (or bad), or some interesting signature. Me, I don't bother about signatures and just have a picture of myself as my avatars, I let my posts speak for me.

Postcount and join date matters a little here but mostly it discredit people that join the same week and have a few posts only trashing or praising a certain game.

Write good posts, that will give you a better rep than any title or stars. :)

The avatar thing helps a lot.  Loke666 for example, I remember him because of his avatar picture, if you had showed me that picture and asked his name, i might fall short, but I definetly remember who he is when I see the avatar :P.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

You could also request a permanent title as well if it bothers you that much hehe.I think there is a thread somewhere on site to do that or info as to how.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/160431/MMORPGcom-Forum-Titles.html

• Originally posted by Asheram

You could also request a permanent title as well if it bothers you that much hehe.I think there is a thread somewhere on site to do that or info as to how.

yea  they hand out special titles from time to time. best one i have seen is Darkpony's Steed of Tardcore title. image

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The FAQ gives an explanation of this. The important part is what you have done in the last 30 days. Just logging in daily will give you 3 stars. Deleted posts, warnings, and bans have negative effects.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams