Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dawn Of Fantasy (new mmorts f2p) now in open beta

deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

Dawn of fantasy, a sort of total war set in a fantasy universe has just entered the open beta phase, the game is on a first come first serve with keys so sign up quick to get in. im installing now but from this trialer you might agree it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMkHQRF8wc

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Comments

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Your sig contains a typo, just thought I'd let you know

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

POST SOME PICS

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

cant you jsut watch the video lol

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Orcs, elfs, humans or goblins and big neon lights above npc heads no thx hehe

I wish some developer dare designed something new that have no orcs elfs dwarfs and humans lol

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Although I do thank you for letting us know about a new "Open Beta", but this is nothing more than a AAA version of those Flash web-based "kingdom" games.

Dude was building a barracks in that video, and it said "1hour, 32minutes left". I was immediately like "f*** that noise". To each their own.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I was excited about this one, it seemed like something completely new to the genre.  Yeah, it's elves and orcs, but it's an MMORTS.  Are there any others out there?  There'd Stronghold Kingdoms, but that's almost weak enough to be a Facebook game.  This one looked like so much more.

...but then I got into the beta.  YMMV, but I don't know.  I couldn't get into it.  Felt way too rigid and linear, and very rough around the edges.  Plus, I don't think it's as much of an MMO as they'd have us believe, but maybe I just didn't get far enough into it to see that part.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Looks like a Warhammer Kingdoms video-game in a way. Looks promising.

• InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663

Originally posted by Fir3line

Your sig contains a typo, just thought I'd let you know

Und yoo must korrect zee error if I vill lizzen too yoo. 

I'm interested in this game, is there knights, castles and "nazis" in this game?

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Me says there are Nazis everywhere.  Srslyyyy!!

But yahh ^__^ Ai registereded and now patching it! @_@

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

From what I've understand, this game was to be B2P not F2P?

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

Anyone know of anyone who done a review or preview of this game?

I'm wondering if it has some group content from the get go or any at all. I can't beleive. I have to ask this for mmos.

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

Originally posted by Devalon

I'm wondering if it has some group content from the get go or any at all. I can't beleive. I have to ask this for mmos.

I'm not sure if the NDA is up, so I can't really comment......I'll say that it is a really nice concept, but if you are expecting a smooth sail without a lot of bugs like Warcraft III or Starcraft II, you should just turn away. But from what I've understand, there is an open beta now, so maybe try it out?

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Originally posted by Devalon

I'm not sure if the NDA is up, so I can't really comment......I'll say that it is a really nice concept, but if you are expecting a smooth sail without a lot of bugs like Warcraft III or Starcraft II, you should just turn away. But from what I've understand, there is an open beta now, so maybe try it out?

Open Beta's do not have NDA's because well they are open.

This is why mmorpg.com has open beta forums to talk about games and not a closed beta forum section.

I have played this quite a bit in closed beta and was great fun compared to other stratergy games you could build the city fully in MMO mode in a few days. Been a while since I played because busy with real life. There was an issue with AI pathing and was pretty much the only let down did they manage to fix it ?

Originally posted by Woopin

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Open Beta's do not have NDA's because well they are open.

This is why mmorpg.com has open beta forums to talk about games and not a closed beta forum section.

Well I've only played in the closed beta.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

First of all it's not a MMO, yes the devs says it's a MMO but it's just a singleplayer RTS game with a global chat and a matchmaker, basicly what you do is build a army run out of your instance city and press a button that tells you you are looking for a battle, the game tries to find another player who are about the same skills and army size.

The city building is like Age of Empire style but you ar ethe only one occyping that instance no other players just you and some odd NPC mobs for you to kill.

When you have found a player to battle with, you two are loading into an battlefield instance and having it out.

This MMO lable crap is just a ploy to get people interested in the game, hell even Starcraft is more MMO than this game and Starcraft is not label as a MMO.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Originally posted by Torgrim

First of all it's not a MMO, yes the devs says it's a MMO but it's just a singleplayer RTS game with a global chat and a matchmaker, basicly what you do is build a army run out of your instance city and press a button that tells you you are looking for a battle, the game tries to find another player who are about the same skills and army size.

The city building is like Age of Empire style but you ar ethe only one occyping that instance no other players just you and some odd NPC mobs for you to kill.

When you have found a player to battle with, you two are loading into an battlefield instance and having it out.

This MMO lable crap is just a ploy to get people interested in the game, hell even Starcraft is more MMO than this game and Starcraft is not label as a MMO.

Well, even without the "MMO lable crap" this game sounds more interesting than most of the recent MMOs. *shrug*

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Well, even without the "MMO lable crap" this game sounds more interesting than most of the recent MMOs. *shrug*

Then play a singleplayer RTS they are better made,better graphics,less bugs,better multiplay.

Dawn of fantasy is a badly made singpleplayer game with a fake MMO label atached to it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Then play a singleplayer RTS they are better made,better graphics,less bugs,better multiplay.

Dawn of fantasy is a badly made singpleplayer game with a fake MMO label atached to it.

This is dead on. After giving it a go yesterday I found the game to be horribly buggy. Now I expect bugs in a beta, but the bugs are so many as to make the game nearly unplayable. In addition even with my very capable gaming rig, I found the game unbarable with fps issues/choppiness/freezes. And this mind you was in singleplayer city building mode, let alone combat. Even turning all the graphics to minimum did almost nothing to help. If you really want to try this game, I STRONGLY advise you to wait till much later, as the game is currently barely playable.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• ValefanValefan Member Posts: 15

This is one of those games which i, from the bottom of my heart wished to succeed.

But it's just... Horribly buggy and just unplayable. I have a decent computer at the very least and the game runs choppy as hell!

Am i a hero? Well, i don't think Churchill, Perseus or Batman thought of themselves as heroes.. But yes.