Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do environments get better-looking later on?

WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Heylo..

So, I was just flipping through some Aion screenshots which, I'm assuming, come from later in the game. To be honest - though they're not "full sized" shots by any means - some of the shots I'm seeing online of the game (such as on the official site) look *far* superior to any location I've seen in game yet.

I am using the advanced renderer, have everything set to highest settings and all special effects enabled (running on a GTX460, which can certainly handle it).

It just seems that the screenshots I'm seeing online are much more vivid/vibrant, even of areas I've been to in game (like Pandaemonium).

Just wondering if I'm crazy, if maybe the screenshots are 'enhanced' somehow... is there some "trick" to get the game to look a lot more vibrant than it does, even on highest settings?

Thanks...

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
- Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yes higher level zones have a bit more color and finish to them then the starter zones. probably because they know you have to spend more time in those higher zones since the levelling gets slower the higher you get. however some zones are just much more color intense then others (Fire Temple zone comes to mind on the Asmos side).

keep in mind that Elyos zones are much brighter, neon rainbow, and colored, wile Asmos are much darker, gloomier and all arround subdued color wise.

just look at some youtube vidoes of the level 55 pvp. or some Abyss pvp vidoes. also you might want to fiddle arround with you screen settings.

hard to tell what screen shots you are referring to without a link.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

The Trailer/Screenshot are rendor outside the game. (Think of Maya,3DMax,Adobe).

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

hard to tell what screen shots you are referring to without a link.

Pretty much anything on the official site will do, particularly outdoor zones, but also some of the ones with more focus on characters or creatures.

Though, I guess on second thought it shouldn't really surprise me that they get better looking in later areas.

NC has some phenomenal artists.

The Unreal 2 engine is almost 10 years old, and they're still managing to make that look amazing with Lineage 2's more recent stuff.

It might also be in contrast to some of the earlier levels.. the terrain textures and texturing is just flat out *sloppy* in a lot of areas. Texture scale is all over the place; I've seen the same grass texture at 3 different scales, from tiny to frigging huge, where you can clearly see pixelation in it from being stretched too much. There's texture streaking in some spots, etc. Very rushed and un-polished looking.

Then there's these gorgeous areas in later zones... It looks like they've tightened it up and increased their production values in later areas, though. Not a bad thing at all.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

screenshot 34

well that for example is in the Abyss and on my computer it's pretty close. however they do have a couple of paintings in there.

like this one

screen shot 54

this one however is a real screen shot.

screenshot 35

this is also a screen shot.

screenshot 38

id' say most of those are screenshots, with maybe 4 or 5 paintings in there.