Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the game?

No thread asking this :P  Worth playing?

Comments

• TonyXIITonyXII Member Posts: 8

yep

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Not a bad game but be warned if you want to increase crafting fast at the lower levels it will be hard because the pet feeding item (yes pets craft while you do what you do in an mmo) is pretty expensive for lower levels.

• QuoteQuote Member Posts: 12

Definitely. It's beyond cute and the Sprites the majority of the mat gathering and crafting, which makes it easier and less time consuming and gives me more time to level or play in instances. The community is very helpful too. ^^ 

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

• darki0000darki0000 Member Posts: 1

i got borred in less than 1 hour but duno maybe its a good game in high lvs

• bamdorfbamdorf Member UncommonPosts: 150

The unique feature of this game is the sprite system, not just for crafting --- they assist in boss fights and require careful management.    This  idea seems to have some depth to it.  The rest of the game as mentioned has many of the features of WOW.     Time will tell as always but I would recommend people take a look.   I have played to level 20 and been able to make a full set of orange (high level) armor by crafting, without using the item mall, but who knows what it will be at higher level.

Cheers.

---------------------------
    Rose-lipped maidens,
    Light-foot lads...

• Arconisreap1Arconisreap1 Member Posts: 23

the game is really fun it has alot of stuff to it and alot of stuff to keep ya busy im only level 16 right now but im having a blast playing it. the item mall is not to bad really you cant get gear from it but you can get vanity items which is neat the only bad thing i think is in order to repair your item after trying to upgrade it and failing you have to get a hammer from the item mall however most of the item mall stuff can be sold in the AH so its still good. The sprite system is a little tricky to get use to but when you get it down it becomes your greatest asset really. i playing on playing this game for a while. really a game you should try to see if ya like.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

I'm a level 35 assasin and I would say the game is pretty fun.

I will probably change to either Mortal Online or FFXIV in the future but for now this is the game that will keep me entertained because the sprite system is a bit of a unique side to it. Crafting is fun but can also be pretty brutal if your sprite fails to craft something that took time and effort to gather the mats for.

I'm not going to explain the details of the game but as far as my oppinion goes on whether this is a game to try or not, definitely yes.

• AutumnalDuskAutumnalDusk Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by snowmax

Definitly worth to try. I like the double Ap some times and the lovely sprite. It is funny to play the game.

[Mod Edit]

And considering that snowmax has posted (at this writing) 17 topics since 01-18-10, *all* of them praising GF, or otherwise "Trollvertising" for GF, via Squid-ly-frak. I think it's safe to say that snowmax's unbiased-ness-ed-ness ought be looked at with a discerning eye.

There's a  good overall review out there ( http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/262404) that gives a more balanced look at GF. It's an "okay" game, but it gets old, real quick. Decide for yourself.

• sche7arsche7ar Member Posts: 1

Played till level 40 healer but with having to manage 3 sprites/pets to keep them up with the armour and weapon crafting was such a hassle. I still haven't got my level 40 armour complete because my sprites kept failing(!!). Pretty frustrating and while it was fun a bit, the frustrations just weren't worth it for me. I'm switching now to others... still in between games.

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/497/view/forums/post/3353941#3353941

See article number #1(orig poster) and #5(my post) to give urself time to tink if you want to consider if this game is worth your time

• IostCiaIostCia Member Posts: 1

Got a lv 60 ranger, game has close to zero content at the max level

The lv 60 dungeon is boring and worthless to most classes which don't need the blue set it gives, not to mention that getting both a cleric and a paladin(or a zerker with good tanking gear) to do it takes a while.(actually getting a cleric to do ANYTHING is a pain in the ass since nobody wants to be one)

The elf arena at the lv 51-60 range only has enough people to start around 9-12pm(EST) and then goes on for 5-6 fights and dies for the next 3-4 days.

World bosses can get knockbacked resulting in inexperienced players and/or idiots that push the boss out of range, causing it to regain full hp and go back to its original position.(these bosses only spawn for 30 minutes in each channel, having them reset 3-4 times is already enough for everyone to lose a boss). Please note that these, as sad as it may seem, are the highlight of most lv 60's day since the rest is pretty much mindless grinding(tab, 1, 2,tab , 1, 2), boring dungeons or my personal favorite, sitting in town while doing something else because looking at the game just makes me feel sick now.

Checked my friend list today when i logged in to talk to some friends, found out only 7 of them still play(out of 40). Most being the same case as me, got to the max lv, managed to ignore the boredom for a few days, quit.

• legend55legend55 Member Posts: 155

Definitily!

Grand Fantsay is a marvelous game!

The sprite system is really great

Greetz and Enjoy

• ravenoakravenoak Member Posts: 10

Played this few weeks.

Game itself is great and sprite system is somewhat fun, BUT game has very major flawl and it lies in gear crafting: Sprite crafted items are most viable at lower lvls but there being a fact that unless u pay aeria points a starter will need rely on very very heavy luck to get item crafted, thanks to epic fail rate of item of 2nd and 3rd tier having succees change being at lower than 10% or so ((u can fail easily over 10-100times in row)) thus making it very fustrating...also id point out that lower lvl instances are hard to get party to..for 1st insta examble u likely wont get any single party and only way get mission order complete(its lvl limited q) is get it boosted by higher lvl player

for me it was quite enough having fails on single item craft 8h straight forward so im off myself till craft system reworked (aint having my hopes up tough as this been somewhat long (since beta if i got forum posts right) and still nothing is done)

• yujiteayujitea Member Posts: 1

i ve been play this game for 1 year, this game is kinda fun but thats only on mid lvl or i  can say the 3rd class. after reach 4th class (lvl66) the unbalance system blow the game with over powered weapon/gear n failed development. the lvl cap till now is 75 n soon will be 80.

the most broken system in this game is in PvP, u can shoot or casting skill to enemy through the wall. ofc the melee class have disadvantage in this case. at lvl 75 u will see the most silly thing that u ever meet. a caster class that have high damage, high HP, high defence, high magic defence, can do close/mid/long range atk n imune to stun (over power isnt it?). other than that, PvE is tottaly fun. dungeon, world boss, guild boss n also the event are great.

• ExcursoExcurso Member Posts: 3

its not that difficult really.the only thing i find annoying is if u pick the wrong sprite at the beggining.always choose the armor sprite for ur class!!!and im level 45 now in only 3 days play time.its mainly rep quests which is good because theres less of a grind.also pvp is fun some weapons are over powered just like some classes are overpowered.but what mmo dosnt have this?and cash items arent a must but will make ur life in the game easier.just join a good guild and youll have no problem leveling making money or getting items ;D.

all in all good mmo worth playing if you like easy leveling meeting new people and owning monsters and having epic gear ;D

• LeagolxLeagolx Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by sche7ar

Played till level 40 healer but with having to manage 3 sprites/pets to keep them up with the armour and weapon crafting was such a hassle. I still haven't got my level 40 armour complete because my sprites kept failing(!!). Pretty frustrating and while it was fun a bit, the frustrations just weren't worth it for me. I'm switching now to others... still in between games.

Im nearly capped and its a fun game but the crafting eventually died for me because it just becomes quite a grind a tough one at that. The job advancement quest for the paladin is ridiculously long compared to the beserker which i think is ridiculous. Its a fun game if you can get past the grindy parts find a good guild and do some instances but be warned they are hard.

If your going to ban the trolls please for our sake ban the Fan Boys too.

• AizonesbribaAizonesbriba Member Posts: 10

This is actually a very cutesy type of MMORPG. I like cute things, so I personally don’t mind at all. I enjoy the graphics, and the sound is a bit too repetitive. However, it’s still nice. The monster killing is a little bit repetitive and annoying because after one hit you lose, like, 48 damage. Once you’ve killed the monster, you’re only gonna have about half of your HP left. Aeria didn’t overdo the quests, at the most, there are about 3-5 quests in every town you visit. The money making is pretty easy. Be careful the sprite doesn’t make you want to punch the computer, though, because it can get pretty annoying. Overall a great game, even though it needs a few bug fixes and tweaks to work out.

• FennyarielFennyariel Member Posts: 24

I tried this game for about a couple of weeks then all of a sudden I realized something, I'm a slave to my pet! I thought, well I don't need this and left!

• xlr8spdxlr8spd Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by yujitea

i ve been play this game for 1 year, this game is kinda fun but thats only on mid lvl or i  can say the 3rd class. after reach 4th class (lvl66) the unbalance system blow the game with over powered weapon/gear n failed development. the lvl cap till now is 75 n soon will be 80.

the most broken system in this game is in PvP, u can shoot or casting skill to enemy through the wall. ofc the melee class have disadvantage in this case. at lvl 75 u will see the most silly thing that u ever meet. a caster class that have high damage, high HP, high defence, high magic defence, can do close/mid/long range atk n imune to stun (over power isnt it?). other than that, PvE is tottaly fun. dungeon, world boss, guild boss n also the event are great.

And what class is that? Whats it called? Archemage?

MMORPGs FTW

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Originally posted by Fennyariel

I tried this game for about a couple of weeks then all of a sudden I realized something, I'm a slave to my pet! I thought, well I don't need this and left!

LOL too true.  I've seen this inother games too.

So far I'm doing okay with it.  Engine art and design are all impressive at low levels.  Travel is goofed up.  I'm not finding a way yo get back to the starter area, I missed a vendor item that I need.

Fun, casual, very cute... not bad.  I've seen worse.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • MissInformedMissInformed Member UncommonPosts: 2

Played this game for awhile and I was 5 levels away from the cap when I quit. I just realized how money hungry aeria games really is. It doesn`t surprise me as most free mmo`s have this "item shop" thing wherein you have to spend real money if you want to get the best items. The pets makes you wanna strangl them to death (when item creation fails lah lah lah after farming the materials for so long..-_-). The graphics are o.k if you`re into anime chibi type games. Overall, it`s just another boring, grindfest, money vacuum mmo from aeria.