Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 doesn't excite me.

Comments

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

I'm still wondering why every thread in this forum either becomes a SW:ToR vs GW2 or a Themepark vs Sandbox display of rage.

SW:ToR is nothing like GW2, play the one you like the most, or neither... or both!

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by Sebali

Im kinda following GW2, how can i not as a regular viewer of this site. every 3rd thread has something to do with GW2. but its not soemthing jumping out at me as a "must play"

I've seen many reasons and even started a thread asking what was getting poeple so excited. everyones yelling groundbreaking this and super well done that. i just dont see it

WvWvW pvp?  really? why is this so great? i go to a seperate zone and fight 2 other servers. how is this new and groundbreaking? DAoC did this 10+ years ago. and yes they had rewards for the side thats doing the best. the rewards system, well the fact that they have rewards anyway, is the only thing that makes this better than any other game. as soemone stated in anotehr thread...."its a big WoW alterac valley but done well" well we dont know if tis done well since we havent played it and in theory it is just DAoC.

you all do realize that there will be no other pvp? no pvp servers? no "open world" pvp?

another thread i also saw the dye and skin change agbilities.  yea many games have armor dyes now and just about all of them now have a wardrobe. nothing at all new

underwater fighting? they really devoted a video to this? so what you dont have to hold your breath...i now have to worry about bad camera angles just as with every other game that you go under water and slower movement. would have rather they just made another above ground zone.

jump adn swim? should have been in teh first one but hardley big enogh reason to get one excited about a game.

new and exciting quests? no more kill 18678267 rats? ok, so now i have to get a book that i randomly found on some hillside and bring it to someone else? dynamic quests? ale to see soon to be dynamic quests? Rift anyone? nothing new here., please move along.

no holy trinity? sounds ok in theory, still need to see it in implementation. im sorry, the ojne vid killing a dragon just doesnt prove to me that this will work. most every other vid has been solo or very small group play.

I just have yet to see anything else that gets me excited.. I would write more but the wife is sitting over my shoulder. we have a party to go to.

and before you go all "SWTOR fanboy" on me, yes i am playing SWTOR, but its mainly because its SW. Im a huge SW fan.

the only game in Development that has me super excited is archeage

There is other forms of PvP. No there is no open world PvP so you got that right.

Movement speed is the same as land if not close to it. Anet didn't want the underwater gameplay to be bogged down by the things that make it un-fun, wrong again.

The DE's have been explained to death already. If you won't bother to look it up I won't bother to explain it.

There have been some decent vidoes out there, but I will admit it is of people with little to no experience with the game so it may not be impressive enough to quiet the doubt of how the game plays with no holy trinity. There was, however, a video of a pirate DE being attempted by some of the Devs that involved a pirate takeover and it was a better example of this in play. It worked there so not sure why it wasn't convincing enough.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Originally posted by Golelorn

Originally posted by Draemos

I have serious doubts about how the dynamic event system is going to work in the long run.  The way they describe it sounds neat, but experience tells me that it won't be anywhere near as intersting as they make it sound.
    And really, the Dynamic Quest system is the only thing about GW2 that is exciting to me.  So it's make or break.

I can relate. Remember how Public Quest were going to change the MMO world? Or Rifts? Both ended up being mere distractions that most people ended up ignoring pretty quickly.
    I'm also excited about the dynamic events, and if they are like PQ and Rifts I won't be around long.

I have LOW EXPECTATIONS for DEs. I agree with the above statement it could turn out like PQs. Ultimately they are only an evolution of the quest system. That's not to not give credit where credit is due: Both Mythic with it's PQs and also ArenaNet with it's DEs deserve recognition for these features extending the experience. Especially ArenaNet in terms of the parameters and technical ambition of these things (Here's a useful List)! Will it be enough, I really hope it works out... but the greatest stress tests and longevity are to come for this main content.

Originally posted by Azureprower

The game has been in production since probably before 2007. So far we've seen mediocre class skills, generic fantasy world shots and pretty much lacking the demonstration of how their persistent world is going to work out.
    I'm seeing a lot of hype and praise for Guild Wars 2. How ever I'm not seeing what justifies it from being set apart from the other fantasy MMOs out there.
    The main selling point is that it is buy to play and has a cash shop. Great! Is that it?

Excitement for me is easily summarised in this fan video: GW2 in 60s (or 60 reasons) I think there's tons of scope for excitement and the blogs posts too, back that up. It does not excite for some (main) reasons that I am interested in the MMORPG genre which either EvE or a future Sandbox Fantasy mmorpg will one day come out to rival UO and contain envelope-pushing features such as:
    • Perma-death
    • world simulations of systems eg weather/trees etc FFA pvp player made content player run economy niche community

and so on...

Thanks for links and posting an up to date summary of it all.

But you have to admit, it does sound a little too ambitious. Hard to get excited when you've heard the claims before (see Darkfall). Hard to get excited until you see it in action with live player demonstrations. Hard to get excited until the game is out where you can see it for yourself to see if the game is going to be as it says it will be.

The features do sound nice. But proof is in the final product.

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Rivalen

I'm still wondering why every thread in this forum either becomes a SW:ToR vs GW2 or a Themepark vs Sandbox display of rage.

SW:ToR is nothing like GW2, play the one you like the most, or neither... or both!

Quoted for the truth, but like I said in an earlier post. It's not about having fun anymore, it's about who can upstage who now and who's game can get the most subs.

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

Im kinda following GW2, how can i not as a regular viewer of this site. every 3rd thread has something to do with GW2. but its not soemthing jumping out at me as a "must play"

I've seen many reasons and even started a thread asking what was getting poeple so excited. everyones yelling groundbreaking this and super well done that. i just dont see it

WvWvW pvp?  really? why is this so great? i go to a seperate zone and fight 2 other servers. how is this new and groundbreaking? DAoC did this 10+ years ago. and yes they had rewards for the side thats doing the best. the rewards system, well the fact that they have rewards anyway, is the only thing that makes this better than any other game. as soemone stated in anotehr thread...."its a big WoW alterac valley but done well" well we dont know if tis done well since we havent played it and in theory it is just DAoC.

you all do realize that there will be no other pvp? no pvp servers? no "open world" pvp?

another thread i also saw the dye and skin change agbilities.  yea many games have armor dyes now and just about all of them now have a wardrobe. nothing at all new

underwater fighting? they really devoted a video to this? so what you dont have to hold your breath...i now have to worry about bad camera angles just as with every other game that you go under water and slower movement. would have rather they just made another above ground zone.

jump adn swim? should have been in teh first one but hardley big enogh reason to get one excited about a game.

new and exciting quests? no more kill 18678267 rats? ok, so now i have to get a book that i randomly found on some hillside and bring it to someone else? dynamic quests? ale to see soon to be dynamic quests? Rift anyone? nothing new here., please move along.

no holy trinity? sounds ok in theory, still need to see it in implementation. im sorry, the ojne vid killing a dragon just doesnt prove to me that this will work. most every other vid has been solo or very small group play.

I just have yet to see anything else that gets me excited.. I would write more but the wife is sitting over my shoulder. we have a party to go to.

and before you go all "SWTOR fanboy" on me, yes i am playing SWTOR, but its mainly because its SW. Im a huge SW fan.

the only game in Development that has me super excited is archeage

I don't understand you Sebali. You just said the only game that excites you is an open PvP sandbox, and that you would be playing SWTOR because it's Star Wars. GW2 isn't going to be an open PvP sandbox, and it isn't Star Wars. What do you want, us to convince you to be excited about something you have no interest in being excited about?

That is to say, you seem to be confused as to why people are excited about game features that don't excite you. Don't you recognize that people have different priorities and preferences? SWTOR doesn't excite me in the slightest, despite the fact that I am a huge Star Wars fan, because quite frankly I deplore the WoW-like gameplay of most current themepark games. Some games have departed in some ways from this type of gameplay, but not enough for my tastes: AoC departs in combat, but leaves the exponential level grind, holy trinity, and PvE griefing potential, for example.

GW2 appeals to people who are tired of certain so-called MMO conventions. This does not mean that no game has ever tried do to any of the things that GW2 is doing; however, there is NO GAME currently that is trying ALL of the features GW2 is doing, to such an evolved state. NO GAME currently has GW2's anti-griefing philosophy at work as widely as GW2. If you are not as opposed to PvE griefing as I (and others) are, this will not appeal to you as much and you will be left scratching your head. But to me, it makes me want to kiss ArenaNet's feet to know that there will finally be a game wherein I do not have to put up with other peoples' crap, hide away in a private group with my husband dreading the appearance of other players, and never speak to anyone outside of my guild.

As for underwater combat, I am not sure why everyone is so perplexed that a game that provides an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT skill bar and weapon for underwater use, which requires an entirely different style of play aside from the usual underwater exploration, is not new and innovative. NO GAME does this, or has done this, ever, no matter how many threads have been started complaining that they don't understand why anyone is interested in underwater combat. If you have never asked yourself or wondered why a mage can fling a fireball underwater and have it operate exactly the same as it does above land, congratulations! However, many of us have questioned this, and it is a welcome sight to see a dev actually address the issue.

As for the trinity's absence, there have been first-hand accounts of running dungeons with what would be in other games a sub-optimal group makeup (meaning no healers, no tanks, etc). and explaining in detail how it works, without being a zerg. Does this mean that more of the players will have to be "aware" and "pull their weight"? Absolutely. It's funny, though, that so many people on the one hand suggest that removing the trinity will remove skill and strategy, and on the other, folks say that a game that requires more people to avoid "standing in the fire" is asking too much of its players.

The folks here would be happy to explain to you the differences between Rift's rifts and Guild Wars Dynamic Events. For one, no, you will not "have" to pick up a book on a remore hillside and bring it to someone else across the world. You will not "have" to do anything. You can kill mobs as you go, interact with items and carry them a whole 10 feet to someone in the area (since most items are related to the events going on in the region), punch someone in their face for a potion, etc. You should really read player accounts of the events they've experienced instead of articles giving general overviews, since you seem to be more concerned with HOW THEY ACTUALLY WORK, which people who have played the demos can actually demonstrate.

That's if you're at all curious as to how GW2 will work, though, as opposed to just driving by and posting a list of reasons why people should convince you to be interested in a game you're not interested in. I look forward to seeing if you will actually return.

• BigjitBigjit Member Posts: 59

GW 2 dosen't excite me either. Mainly because although the trinity system can be fustrating at times, I do like it. I like class roles. I played GW 1 for a few days. It just never did anything for me. It isn't truly an MMO by any standard that I would apply to it. It's a lot more like Diablo. While I like Diablo, I generally reserve it for those days when I don't feel like spending a lot of time or just mindlessly tearing trough some mobs.

I may get it anyway, just to see if there is something in there I might like but generally I'm not holding my breath.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Originally posted by Bigjit

GW 2 dosen't excite me either. Mainly because although the trinity system can be fustrating at times, I do like it. I like class roles. I played GW 1 for a few days. It just never did anything for me. It isn't truly an MMO by any standard that I would apply to it. It's a lot more like Diablo. While I like Diablo, I generally reserve it for those days when I don't feel like spending a lot of time or just mindlessly tearing trough some mobs.

I may get it anyway, just to see if there is something in there I might like but generally I'm not holding my breath.

How can you say it doesn't excite you when you know nothing of what the game offers?

This is not a game.

Originally posted by AzurePrower

Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Originally posted by Azureprower

The game has been in production since probably before 2007. So far we've seen mediocre class skills, generic fantasy world shots and pretty much lacking the demonstration of how their persistent world is going to work out.

I'm seeing a lot of hype and praise for Guild Wars 2. How ever I'm not seeing what justifies it from being set apart from the other fantasy MMOs out there.

The main selling point is that it is buy to play and has a cash shop. Great! Is that it?

Excitement for me is easily summarised in this fan video: GW2 in 60s (or 60 reasons) I think there's tons of scope for excitement and the blogs posts too, back that up. It does not excite for some (main) reasons that I am interested in the MMORPG genre which either EvE or a future Sandbox Fantasy mmorpg will one day come out to rival UO and contain envelope-pushing features such as:

• Perma-death

• world simulations of systems eg weather/trees etc FFA pvp player made content player run economy niche community

and so on...

Thanks for links and posting an up to date summary of it all.

But you have to admit, it does sound a little too ambitious. Hard to get excited when you've heard the claims before (see Darkfall). Hard to get excited until you see it in action with live player demonstrations. Hard to get excited until the game is out where you can see it for yourself to see if the game is going to be as it says it will be.

The features do sound nice. But proof is in the final product.

The thing is, many of these features have been demonstrated in live player demonstrations. Structured PvP will be something we'll be able to see in just under a week at Gamescom, so that will be another question answered.

I've played the game myself across multiple demos, and set out to test many of the vaunted features and can testify to their effectiveness for the most part (with the exception of scaling). I've watched brothers play together with two elementalists, healing one another and swapping aggro like pros. I've "stood in the fire" and seen how imperative evasion, rather than healing being a save-all, really is, since no healer means nobody can save your tuchas if you're playing poorly.

People are excited because they've seen the footage, played for themselves, or read a lot of commentary from those who have played. If all you've read are developer blogs or interviews, it can sound like they're talking a pretty story and leave a lot of doubt as to how it will be implemented. Fortunately, these demos exist, and are being expanded with every round of conventions. Stick around and see what people are saying after Gamescom.

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

What I'm worried about in GW2 is that it's B2P and not subscription fee based, I would prefer to pay a monthly sub.  I want servers running smoothly, I was updates and fixes at a good rate, I just hope that a single purchase of the game will make all of this work smoothly. B2P is not a selling point to me, but it will allow me to play SWTOR at the same time, so in a way, it will help with monthly cost.  Also for me for what I've experienced, either F2P or B2P, gamers don't usually play too much as much as subscribers, I have seen this problem in too many games.  If the game is amazing, I could see this easily get voided, but i'ts a concern to me as well....I just hope I'm wrong.

I still want to see full blown PVP and Server vs Server gameplay, the next profession and more gameplay from all the professions.

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

/sigh   /siiigh  

There are roles there just isn't the usual waiting for a tank or healer type of mechanic that makes you have to wait around to have fun. I like roles as well, but GW2 didn't do away with them completely, they just took out the tank and healer mecahnic.

GW1 is nothing like GW2. I wish people would understand that before posting their dislike of the first GW. I didn't care for it either.

Anet and those that post have explained that GW1 was not an MMO. Not sure why people still try to hold that against GW2 like the devs claimed this is there second MMO or something. GW1 is not a MMO.

I am not bashing the poster <.<  .... >.>.   I just wish that people would know some facts about a game of discussion before posting. Nothing wrong with having an opinion just please know why you dislike something before posting or don't be surprised when you are corrected.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Did you join just to post this? <3

I hope you know that GW2 is very little like GW1 mechanically? And GW2 DOES have roles. It STILL DOES have healers, damage, and control roles! It's just that no particular class is designated to fill one of those roles 100% of the time, and rather anybody can jump in and take care of a particular aspect if needed at any given moment.

If you simply have your heart set on being a tank, or a healer, 100% of the time, then no, GW2 won't scratch that itch for you. There is a lot more to GW2 than just tearing through mobs, though, and many non-combat activies such as crafting, minigames, non-combat dynamic events, and a personal story with permanent branching choices to work through.

Originally posted by stamps79

What I'm worried about in GW2 is that it's B2P and not subscription fee based, I would prefer to pay a monthly sub.  I want servers running smoothly, I was updates and fixes at a good rate, I just hope that a single purchase of the game will make all of this work smoothly. B2P is not a selling point to me, but it will allow me to play SWTOR at the same time, so in a way, it will help with monthly cost.  Also for me for what I've experienced, either F2P or B2P, gamers don't usually play too much as much as subscribers, I have seen this problem in too many games.  If the game is amazing, I could see this easily get voided, but i'ts a concern to me as well....I just hope I'm wrong.

I still want to see full blown PVP and Server vs Server gameplay, the next profession and more gameplay from all the professions.

ArenaNet is very clear that MMOs do NOT need subscription dollars to keep their servers running smoothly. GW1 alone made enough money last quarter to pay the server costs of ALL of NCSoft's games. ALL of them.

GW1 also still has regular, free updates, and is in fact in the middle of a content rollout with several new quests and hard mode activities, being patched into the game over the past couple of months.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Honestly, it's posts like this that drive me nuts.  You spout off point after point about how there is nothing new and exciting but you simply do NOT get it.  You could have just asked sincere questions asking what is special about these things and you'd get all sorts of responses and videos of why we're excited about this, but instead you throw out a ton of inaccuracies and draw conclusions based on your misinformation.

No, it's NOT DAOC.

First off, even if it was just 3 faction PVP, that hasn't been around since DAOC and that would be exciting enough to people since it's a more balanced system than 2 faction PVP.

Unlike DAOC, you're fighting against OTHER SERVERS.  So instead of 1000 people on a server fighting each other in groups of 333 vs 333 vs 333, your available fighting force is 1000 vs 1000 vs 1000.

In DAOC, it's the same three factions with the same people fighting all the time.  If A is the most populated and C is the least, it's always A vs B + C.  In GW2, the servers fight for 2 weeks at a time, and at the end of that time they're matched up against new servers based on W/L record and population.  You're not always going to be the big faction or the little faction.  That alone is enough to mix up the combat, and on top of it you're playing against different players with different strategies each match.

Also, they keep track of your W/L record.  Not only does that give people a server pride reason to fight (as opposed to just personal advancement), but it also is an amazing tool for balancing.  If you win, your next match is harder.

On top of it, there's dynamic events in PVP, like gaining control of territory and having shipments sent to the keep from the mine that can be protected or assaulted.  There's things for solo, small groups, or large groups to be able to do and contribute.

There's 400 dye colors, there's 3 color palette spots in each piece of gear, there's gear which takes up multiple equipment slots and is skinned accordingly, giving different gear options.  There's changing the skin of any item to that of any previous item.  There's an incredibly robust character creation system.  Basically, you'll pretty much be able to look exactly like you want to.  Even if some of this has been done before, probably not all together with this amount of flexibility.  And even if it has, isn't it just a good thing that this game is also doing it?

Not having to hold your breath is a perfect example of a minor change which opens up a world of possibilities.  They've got aquatic races and towns.  Underwater dynamic events.  Switching to a more realistic underwater weapon like a trident or spear gun.  Weapon skills changing accordingly and into things that make sense, like fire magic boiling water, or shooting out a vertical net.  Enemies use different skills underwater than when they chase you on land.  The Z-axis can be involved in your skills like making your enemy sink. 

You also don't move slower.  Gameplay trumps realism.

In this post are 55 things that GW2 is doing to innovate the MMO genre. Jumping and swimming didn't make the list.

Rifts are nothing like dynamic events.  If you don't think dynamic events are an incredible, revolutionary, epic win of a concept in MMOs, then you simply do not understand them at all.  I would pause here to explain all their benefits, but it would take an entire page.  http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1013691/Designing-Guild-Wars-2-Dynamic  Watch the entire video, it's long, but it's worth your time to see how DEs are better than PQs (and Rifts).

I'll grant you this one, we still haven't seen great footage of people working together who really knew what they were doing.  Here's an article which details how it worked in a dungeon.

http://www.killtenrats.com/2011/06/29/gwfanday-the-dungeon-gel/

I just have yet to see anything else that gets me excited..

If the game doesn't excite you, it doesn't excite you.  No game is for everybody and that's ok.  But at least have a full understanding of what it's offering.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i salute you, sir. takes guts to post something like that. but i sorta agree. i'm not feeling the "more ground breaking than a 50 storie mole," but it still seems better to me than everything else on the horizon.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

trust me GW 2 will be epic, i know.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Thanks for letting us know, OP. Hopefully you'll find a game that does excite you.

• lunatislunatis Member UncommonPosts: 261

Originally posted by AzurePrower

Sure I'm going to buy it, play it on the side when I get bored with a certain other MMO. But it really doesn't grab me as being the best MMO to next come out.

So far, all I've heard are optimistic statements with little to show for and back it up. Which leads to people imagining some thing fantastic before reaching the let down when they find out it wasn't what they expected.

How can you even judge a game that haven't been released? Plus, it's probably the only game that has so much pre-release info so far, just read arena.net blog and see by yourself how they care about every little detail of this game.

Otherwise just wait until it's released, buy it, then complain.

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

If the first mainstream polished action based MMO doesn't excite MMO gamers... I'm beginning to wonder what they truly want.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by stamps79

GW1 has the best server team in the industry.  Their servers literally NEVER go down.  EVER.  We're talking one instance of scheduled downtime in 5 years when they took them offline to move them to a new location.  If there's a patch, you just log out and log back in.  Offline to patch or servers down for weekly maintenance?  Doesn't happen.

They also update and fix constantly.  http://www.guildwars.com/support/gameupdates/

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• korndog22korndog22 Member Posts: 62

Hehe the OP is butt hurt about the article on the homepage.This is why I love these forums.Best read on the internet.

Uhm I will say that SWTOR ,nor GW2 excite me .However I will buy GW2 when it launches , cuz I too am interested in it.I liked GW1 .But I didn't go past the initial release.I used to log in quite a bit , because alot of my freinds played it.But I didn't get into it very deep.Funnest thing I remember was doing chest runs lol.The 1st time I did that , I thought we were gonna run a dungeon.Didn't realize we were actually going to run for our lives like chickens with our heads cut off lol.

I expect that GW2 is gonna be a much deeper game from what I read and seen.But only time will tell.SWTOR , i may try down the road .But I am not a buyer til I get some 1st hand word of mouth from freinds.Either way I think both will be good.lets hope at least one is great .

And don't forget kiddies that its ok to flame and troll ,for the rest of our viewing and reading pleasure.

Most Games are what they are.You can't change that.Alot of times its what we do ,with what we are presented with that makes the game good or bad for each individual.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

In my opinion the lack of dual classes is a big loss to the GuildWars world.
    Single classes are easier to balance, but this leads to boredom more quickly.

Guild Wars 2 will have public events and no quests. Keep the "dynamic" or "chaining" for the Fansite forums.
    TOR is going to have quests, but no public events currently.
    You will level very fast in GW2: one because of the flat level curve and two because of B2P by nature. So I really hope ArenaNet can make the mass pvp as exciting as it sounds. Though since you can jump on different servers if you like - even if there would be a 24hours penalty, it won´t help much.
    Most people like to join winners.

So, if you look at your videos, which you probably already viewed hundreds of times to hype yourselves (not talking about shatterer):
    You go to an event, if you are the first, then you kill or click 10-20 something somewhere to go to phase 2. Then I guess you will kill some elite mobs, then a boss. Or escort something or whatever.
    At some point you will hit max level.
    Now that we are in the elder game, I hope Arenanet adds some kind of alternate advancement, like new skills or items via PvP. Or perhaps some Hall of Fame to their minigames.

Originally posted by Herodes

You go to an event, if you are the first, then you kill or click 10-20 something somewhere to go to phase 2. Then I guess you will kill some elite mobs, then a boss.

Wrong. Maybe you should check out some more footage, and guess less.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Guild Wars 2 doesn't excite me that much. It is however, in my opinion, a marble in a pile of whale feces (the whale feces being every other mmo out there).

Guild Wars 2 is getting all this hype, even after the massive amounts of disappointments because its not making outlandish promises like the games before it. Its not saying it will revolutionise combat, its not saying it will change MMOs forever, etc etc. Its also not using the outdated quest system MMOs are still using. They only show what they have and seem to know what players want in a game to make it fun. Its like they took MMO players that know what they want, and game devs that know what they're doing and fused them together into some sort of decent mmo developing freak.

On top of all that, it will be buy to play, it will have a decent cash shop. And considering how decent the first GW is, this one will likely be great too. All these other games that have yet to release don't seem to offer anything except a new coat of paint. *cough*ToR*cough*, and you can't paint a dead horse and call it a living elephant.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358

Nice troll post!   LOL

I think most people missed the point of this post.  Quite clever actually.  Personally, GW2 excotes the hell out of me.  And I will probably play TOR too.  WHat I don't understand is why people get the impression that both GW2 and TOR can't be successful at the same time.   Both of these games will be worth our time. 

Here the community has been bitching about how there has been MMO let down after let down for years on end and when we finally have two games which both show a great a deal of potential we have to have a pissing contest over which one is going to be better?  Who cares?  I hope they both rock. 

And I hope that the people that are too stupid to give one a chance because they're busy defending the other are killed by a flaming toilet seat from outer space because that's pretty much what they deserve for trying to polarize the MMO community over their hurt feelings.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I'm a Guild Wars fan but what I don't like about Guild Wars 2 is that there will be a less sense of accomplishment. Whereas The Old Republic there will be alot more content and more things to do. You won't be able to do everything all at once in The Old Republic and it will take time compared to Guild Wars 2.

This discussion has been closed.