Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lf for active (social) Lotro Server

Lf a lotro server that is active and social. Anyone know?

Comments

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

I play on Landroval and its always been active and social.  I think you will have the same experience on most servers from what I have read.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

Are you an US player or EU player?

If you're an EU player, i'll suggest Snowbourne. Very active server server that dosn't have problems with getting groups from early morning to evenings(I'm speaking of my own experience, it might be different for other people) and there is plenty of social kinships. I suggest joining the GlobalLFF channel.

Can't really help you if you're a US player because i don't play that late at night but i've heard Snowbourne also has a US community however i don't really know if its an active and social one :)

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I attended Weatherstock on Landroval. A festival with Player created bands and music.

It is interesting what players can do, when the developers give them some tools and let the players do what they want with them.

• SirAoSSirAoS Member Posts: 203

I am going to mess around a few servers and see what friends i can make and go from there. thanks for the help ^_^

Oh btw, i am a US player

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Hands down Landroval, one of the best servers in any mmorpg, outstanding community

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

I also play on Landroval which has a good mix of kinships ranging from hardcore role-players to raiders and more casual players. There are also quite a few server-wide weekly events that have become quite famous including various concerts, storytelling and kinship recruitment socials. We also have a very active GLFF (Global Looking For Fellowship) channel that makes it easy to find groups at all levels.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by Odysses

I play on Landroval and its always been active and social.  I think you will have the same experience on most servers from what I have read.

I'm with Odysses. Landroval is great. It has an RP aspect, tons of social events and people there are quite nice. I love this server.

I used to be on Brandywine but it was a little to convoluted for me.

• schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

How is Landy if your not an RP'er?  I've never Rp'ed, and have no real interest in starting to.... but the social events seem extremely neat, something they don't have on my server, Riddlemark.

Riddlemark is nice if your a new player, or extremely casual like I am.  Although it doesn't seem like a 'community'

Playing: GW2, Planetside 2.
    Trying out: Age of Wushu
    Looking forward to: AA, Wildstar

Originally posted by schertzt

How is Landy if your not an RP'er?  I've never Rp'ed, and have no real interest in starting to.... but the social events seem extremely neat, something they don't have on my server, Riddlemark.

Riddlemark is nice if your a new player, or extremely casual like I am.  Although it doesn't seem like a 'community'

I'm not a heavy RPer by any means. I'll entertain the idea of RPing now and then by I am by far casual about it. I'd get into it more, I suppose, if I had more experience with the lore but where I'm at right now in the books (the real books, not in game ones), I don't feel like I have enough experience to RP well in the game.

That being said, I have never had an issue. Most of the events are casual. They include a lot of music and sometimes stories that people tell. The most recent event went from 9:30-12AM EST and there were tons of games, contests, races, music, etc. It was an absolute blast.

My kinship is, for me, what makes the game too. I had a really nice Kinship prior to the one I'm in now, but they had kind of gotten stale. They hadn't recruited a single player since December '10. So I decided it was time to pack my bags and move on and I have not regretted it one bit. They're a great group of people who are super helpful and I adore them, immensely. Whenever I feel slightly burnt, I just sit back and start chatting it up with them and I feel better. It's probably the longest I've stuck with a game in ages, happily.

And now for a shameless plug: I run a personal gaming blog and actually just did a post on the most recent anniversary event that I attended. If you're interested in my server, I'll be posting more often then I have been recently (I'm planning my RL wedding at the moment so I've been a bit overwhelmed), with news and stories about my server. :) If interested, the link is in my sig.

Thanks for all the insight guys. Landroval it will be for me. Community has always been the most important aspect of MMOs to me. Right now im kinda up in the air with Lotro or FFXIV. 

• buden-ninjabuden-ninja Member UncommonPosts: 53

I'll give a shout out for Elendilmir. I left Landroval for Elendelmir and have no regrets. People are much friendlier and since it is the unofficial Oceanic server, it is busy all the time. Give it a try.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

i love snowbourn..very friendly and as dutch guy there also are many guilds yust for dutchies..so im feeling home there atm :P

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

havent played in like a year, but landroval was awesome in terms of player run events and player interaction

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by buden-ninja

I'll give a shout out for Elendilmir. I left Landroval for Elendelmir and have no regrets. People are much friendlier and since it is the unofficial Oceanic server, it is busy all the time. Give it a try.

I'll concur with Elendilmir as well.  Its been awhile since I played too, but when I did this server was always hopping with players at all hrs.  After the prime US times ended around 11pm-1am, then it remained busy with the Oceanic players.

• GondlyrGondlyr Member Posts: 9

The Oceanus hours server sounds like a good one.  When I played Warhammer I spent alot of time on the high pop Oceanus server because the the pop on the US servers would really drop off after a certain hour.   Finding a server that is active when you can play the most is important.  Then find an active Kinship.  It makes the game even more worth playing.

Waiting for Camelot Unchained

Originally posted by Gondlyr

The Oceanus hours server sounds like a good one.  When I played Warhammer I spent alot of time on the high pop Oceanus server because the the pop on the US servers would really drop off after a certain hour.   Finding a server that is active when you can play the most is important.  Then find an active Kinship.  It makes the game even more worth playing.

You'll be happy to know that really doesn't happen on Landroval/Brandywine simply because we have a good smattering of people from around the world. :)