Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

linux and l2?

cricket4002cricket4002 Member UncommonPosts: 16

has anyone ever play l2 on ubuntu?

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

it probably play smoother on ubuntu then on windows(say ty to wine 3 time very fast)

• cricket4002cricket4002 Member UncommonPosts: 16

i dont think i have ever been more frustrated no matter what i try i cant get wine to make anything wokr i looked on wine hq l2 does run on it so why wont it work on mine, my computer is fast enough for sure!!!! i cant stand it daoc wont work but at least i can get to the installer l2 i cant even download it with anythingn but with that stupid archive thing, which also seems to not work......i want to punch myself in the face for getting linux i hate it aside from it runing (as apposed to not which it may as well not be) help do this S**T for me lol its probably something simple but i looked all through ubuntu forums and maybe i just couldnt pick the info apart right but it didnt help......................................................i hate it

"there is no windows progam configured" this is dumb i wish i had a disk for windows anything atleast i could entertain myself with baldurs gate or something,anything!!! sorry for the venting and mis spelled words

hehe i need a nap been up way to long sorry ya'll :P

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

uduntu or linux community is stuck way less then windows so i bet if you ask the linux or the ubuntu community they ll find your issue.but they have their own thread forum etc so you might need to dig a bit on ubuntu forum to find the proper channel!

on average you ll lose about 5 to 10 % in performance but the game usually play smoother on linux for some reason

and the latest linux core made linux even better (not sure if it is avail yet in ubuntu tho!havent checked in a while!

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

Wineheadquarters rates it as gold. Looking at some of the comments there it seems gameguard can't be made to work with wine. Some run their own servers and disable gameguard and it works. Looks like there is no work around.

Archlinux ftw

ah! sweet thanks for the patience and the help it is much appreciated i have along way to go, but in ubuntu forums i should figure something out, thanks again for advice :)