Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEGO Universe is F2P

GunshipGunship Member Posts: 23

Just follow this link:

http://universe.lego.com/en-us/freetoplay/freetoplay.aspx

Have fun!

Comments

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226
    I have been waiting for this to go F2P. It has secretly been a guilty pleasure I wanted to play but not enough to pay a subscription to.
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Hahaha! Lego is for children!

*downloads*

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by Kaerigan

Hahaha! Lego is for children!

*downloads*

I wanna see a children do this!

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• GunshipGunship Member Posts: 23

http://youtu.be/g0y2Qb9ms7E

an in game example of what you can build..

• poefuepoefue Member Posts: 226

Or this;  Flaming C!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

seen at massively

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/21/lego-universe-going-freemium-this-august/

LEGO Universe will continue to make its money via paid memberships, with no microtransactions planned at this time.

Free players will have access to a limited selection of game content for an unlimited period of time. If the trial content tickles their fancy, tire-kickers are then free to pony up $10 per month for full access.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I played during beta and found the game to be a dumbed down, easier version to play version of every other MMORPG that is on the market.  Nothing was impressive about it at all.  This doens't surprise me tha they moved to F2P.  It was definately the right move.  For those who love the Lego environment though I would say it's worth playing.

Hi Stellos, It is aimed @ 8-12 year olds, but also have many Adults due to the building with bricks in the game. 

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

It loaded fine early yesterday but since then it crashes constantly.  Probably the servers are getting hammered now it's F2P.

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

If you are looking for the traditional go out and kill stuff MMO, this is not the game for you.  But if you like exploring, puzzles, or building you need to try this out because you will get addicted to it.

Yeah, the basic game is pretty easy and the combat is Diablo at its worst, but there are a lot of challanges for explorers and acheivers.  I have found quite a few secret character power ups and brick superpacks hidden in places that are impossible to get to without solving a long line of puzzles. 

And if you like buildings things, there is no better game out there.  You can build just about anything once you collect enough blocks.  I just wish that you could build in the open world instead of just a private instance.

Overall this is a fun game and not just for kids.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

might check it out

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Kokushibyou

If you are looking for the traditional go out and kill stuff MMO, this is not the game for you.  But if you like exploring, puzzles, or building you need to try this out because you will get addicted to it.

Yeah, the basic game is pretty easy and the combat is Diablo at its worst, but there are a lot of challanges for explorers and acheivers.  I have found quite a few secret character power ups and brick superpacks hidden in places that are impossible to get to without solving a long line of puzzles. 

And if you like buildings things, there is no better game out there.  You can build just about anything once you collect enough blocks.  I just wish that you could build in the open world instead of just a private instance.

Overall this is a fun game and not just for kids.

Exactly this. I wish I had started playing this earlier. Loads of fun.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

actually its not ftp at all if you bought the game, i didnt feel like paying a sub so i never did, i quit after the free days, heard the game went ftp, downloaded, logged in, have to pay to play, no free option whatsoever.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Ugh, just DL'd the client and logged in and you can't choose a custom name unless you have a paid account.  Its one of those pick three stupid words to make a phrase,  naming system...blah

And my interest in playing is gone.  its the little things like this that can make or break a game for me.  Silly decision you might ask, yes yes it is, but so is this dumb naming system.  I understand it to stop certain names going through being a kids game, but it wouldn't be hard to build a filter in to stop them from being used.

Anyway...

• KokushibyouKokushibyou Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by neorandom

actually its not ftp at all if you bought the game, i didnt feel like paying a sub so i never did, i quit after the free days, heard the game went ftp, downloaded, logged in, have to pay to play, no free option whatsoever.

Hmm, I just went from a  f2p acount to a 1 month membership.  I was hoping to get some new bricks and behaviors and then let my acount expire.  Has anyone else tried to go f2p after being a member?  Do you know if you still have access to bricks and behaviors you collected while you were a member?  Or if you can even continue playing?

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Kokushibyou

Originally posted by neorandom

Hmm, I just went from a  f2p acount to a 1 month membership.  I was hoping to get some new bricks and behaviors and then let my acount expire.  Has anyone else tried to go f2p after being a member?  Do you know if you still have access to bricks and behaviors you collected while you were a member?  Or if you can even continue playing?

when i log in to my previously premium account it says i have no time and directs me to the account page, on that page i have no free options, only 1/6/12 month sub offers, no free mode at all.

our accounts are initially different though, i bought the game when it came out in 2010, and played the free 30 days, so i never had a free option then either, current free accounts that pay a month and then cancle may get the option, but its only a small chance of that imo.

• xyzqrstxyzqrst Member Posts: 1

The game is free now

Originally posted by xyzqrst

The game is free now

Yes, you can play as long as you like in the unlocked free to play zones. Gives you a very good idea for the game and if you want to go further. Try it out!

• ttyorkttyork Member Posts: 10

Game is not free to play no matter what they say. If you had an existing account, you must pay to reactive it monthly.  If you want to create a new account for the f2p, you must BUY a new copy of the disk.  Nowhere in that scheme does it fit the term free.

The main draw people say is that you can create anything you want (within the limitations of what bricks you collected and the size of the property you want to build on....) You can download a brick design program from Lego itself that lets you do that in a much easier to use fashion and it's free.

And when you showcase what you can build with lego's in the game it's best to not use something that wasn't built in the game.  What people can build using the game is much less extravagent.