Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: New Classes, Zone & Raid Boss Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new Lineage II blog has cropped up with information about two new classes, a new zone and a new raid boss that will be featured in the Goddess of Destruction update scheduled to be rleased later this fall. The Othell Rogue and Aeore Healer are detailed and fans can also learn about the Prison of Darkness zone and Spezion, the raid boss who lives within.

Rogue-class players will find a lot of fun new abilities in the Othell Rogue that will let you hone in your gaming skills by bringing strategy and finesse into your playstyle. Generally, rogue-types characters should be sneaky, agile and deadly, and move around stealthily while swiping coin purses and attacking with daggers when the enemy's guard is down. Currently in Lineage II, rogue classes have daggers and stealth, but otherwise they simply hack and slash and hope that the enemy will die before they do. Yes, rogue classes die a lot. Well, Othell Rogues will have a longer life thanks to increased evasion stats and many skills that combine evasion with combat attacks, self buffs, enemy debuffs, or enemy target cancellation. Aside from getting out of dangerous situations, Rogues can also control the fight from the start by initiating the attack with powerful damage-over-time skills and debuffs that can slow the enemy so much that it dies before it reaches you. Rogues can provide these benefits for a party, too, in exchange for a tank that keeps the enemy diverted so that the rogue can backstab and flank to their heart's content. Finally, the last missing quality that rogues should have in general is granted as well. Othell Rogues can plunder items from the enemy while it's still alive--who says only Dwarves get to be "spoiled?"

Read more on the Lineage II blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

1st..

id like to rather see a L3 instead of more content to this game it has become / or was a bot infested game and not many play anymore..maybe id try it out if it was f2p

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by odinsrath

1st..

id like to rather see a L3 instead of more content to this game it has become / or was a bot infested game and not many play anymore..maybe id try it out if it was f2p

Tera is about as close as you're going to get to a Lineage 3. The devs for lineage jumped ship to Bluehole Studios and made Tera instead. L3 was cancelled when the same people gave the source code for L3 to another company, they got sued for it.

that sounds cool but..its not rdy to play in the states..correct?

id rather see L3 or a remake of L1 would be great..imo L2 is just treading water atm and they never tryd to clean up the boting and hacking

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

You guys make no sense.

Asking for a full mmorpg sequel instead of some content update...

Its like someone baking you a cupcake and you saying.

"hey instead of that cupcake i would rather you use that time and make a seven layer wedding cake.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

You guys make no sense.

"hey instead of that cupcake i would rather you use that time and make a seven layer wedding cake.

or just a cup cake i like..lol now i want a snack

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by Kabaal

1st..

Tera is about as close as you're going to get to a Lineage 3. The devs for lineage jumped ship to Bluehole Studios and made Tera instead. L3 was cancelled when the same people gave the source code for L3 to another company, they got sued for it.

You should consider ArcheAge a suitable 'Lineage 3' as well considering it's creator is the same guy who created the entire Lineage franchise.

As for Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction... Is anyone else experiencing 'Cataclysm' deja vu?

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by Kabaal

1st..

You should consider ArcheAge a suitable 'Lineage 3' as well considering it's creater is the same guy who created the entire Lineage franchise.

As for Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction... Is anyone else experiencing 'Cataclysm' deja vu?

Bren

funny thing about this is maplestory also had a game changing update where the theme was the world being destroyed by some super bad guy villain

koreans are some of the most uncreative developers out there

also tera is going to be another AION, tons of hype, garbage game

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Treading water?  Go check the population of this game in Asia, it is far from dying, the content updates are due to it's popularity.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am a Lineage 2 player and while the population is healty atm I dont know how long the game has left in the West. Gooddess Of Destruction looks good and I am looking foward to it. We will have to just wait and see.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

I'm trying to get my account back that was banned L2 and EVE have been my favortie by far.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

cant wait to try it on private servers. Its not like i dont want to support the original server, but time is money. And im busy, so private servers fits my shedule.

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188

I've been playing L2 off and on recently, trying to get to 85 before GoD. It's a lot easier to level now with vit, nevits, and the changes to exp they made. it use to take 1 month to get 1-20, now it takes a few hours. 78-85 were halved in exp requirement as well. Next week they are doing 2xp and drop for the entire week, and giving access to nevit blessing the whole time too. 6x xp+ for 1 week straight. Expect more of this to happen until GoD comes out this holiday season.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Those new classes sound cool but it would take me forever to get to lvl 85 even with all the changes to exp.

And me too would like to see Lineage 3.

Originally posted by Aori

The community in the west is far from healthy, i can't see it surviving another year without some sort of miracle. While the new Community team is better than the past, it is way to late and they are a little to nazi for me. I mean getting banned for using a G11.. seriously.

The Commonuty in the west is far from healthy? What server to you play on? I play a S84 toon on Chronos and I can tell you that there are plenty of people playing still playing  this game. Ask anybody that plays on Chronos and I bet they tell you the same thing. My main concern is whats going to happen when games like Tera, Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars come out. NC Soft really needs to make some kind of announcement about Lineage 3. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I'm still not sure if GoD is a step forward. I even think GoD is a stap backward, and making L2 more 'generic' and 'balanced' like all other MMO's out there. L2 used to be about cooperation of players to get the best result to counter the inbalance of classes, but with GoD every awakened player is balanced to be equally in strength.

IMO NC should ditch GoD and keep track on the old L2 path. Instead I think they should make GoD a new MMO (L3 indeed).

For my personal gameplay. I think GoD will kill it for me. TOo many changes making my Maestro so different (clanbuffer - WTF?) than before. I surely am in doubt to keep my sub up after GoD...

Originally posted by Reizla

I'm still not sure if GoD is a step forward. I even think GoD is a stap backward, and making L2 more 'generic' and 'balanced' like all other MMO's out there. L2 used to be about cooperation of players to get the best result to counter the inbalance of classes, but with GoD every awakened player is balanced to be equally in strength.

IMO NC should ditch GoD and keep track on the old L2 path. Instead I think they should make GoD a new MMO (L3 indeed).

For my personal gameplay. I think GoD will kill it for me. TOo many changes making my Maestro so different (clanbuffer - WTF?) than before. I surely am in doubt to keep my sub up after GoD...

I have faith that NC Soft knows that they are doing. The time is almost here and we shall see but I agree with you about the Maestro. What are they going to make that class into?

• redpinsredpins Member Posts: 147

I like the concept, but I really expected more for a content update. Instead of just new zones and dungeons, add more depth and immersion to the game. That's just my 2 cents on the subject, and yes I played L2 a lot before, I just wanted to see what creativity they had left in the team.

I struggle not with life, money, emotions, and world, but against old mindsets and selves to be proven obsolete in a age and time of rapid changes. Go create fun, so you can have fun.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Originally posted by Z3R01

You guys make no sense.

If I'm paying hard earned cash, I reserve the right to ask for whatever I want to.  If I get no deal, my money goes to someone that sells me what I actually want...  Thats life/business lesson 101 !!

I'm so epic I'd allow extra time as well..... :)

Originally posted by Mannish

The community in the west is far from healthy, i can't see it surviving another year without some sort of miracle. While the new Community team is better than the past, it is way to late and they are a little to nazi for me. I mean getting banned for using a G11.. seriously.

The Commonuty in the west is far from healthy? What server to you play on? I play a S84 toon on Chronos and I can tell you that there are plenty of people playing still playing  this game. Ask anybody that plays on Chronos and I bet they tell you the same thing. My main concern is whats going to happen when games like Tera, Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars come out. NC Soft really needs to make some kind of announcement about Lineage 3. 

I didn't say it had no population, i said it wasn't healthy. Its bleeding and bleeding fast, players are dropping like flies. There is no new blood to replace the lost. Quite honestly, the game is only bustling every 2 weeks for a few hours. 

Naia is pretty much dead just judging from their market. Went to giran nothing there and even aden it was dismal the few times i hopped over.Even Chronos has less population now than most of the servers did before the first merge.

So healthy doesn't bleed regularly.

A game does not have to be bustling with people to be healthy. As long as people of all levels are around doing all things thats a healthy game.  Like I said, I dont know about Naia but Chronos does have a healhy population as of today. I am in game everyday and on the forums everyday and I never hear people complain about game population. The game is dying and I do admit that but the situation is not critical enough to where people are complaining about population. I do see people comming back for Goddess Of Destruction which is good and that should keep the game alive for another year till the new mmos come out. I really dont see it making it past then though.