Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Guild Sores: You Know the Guy...

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

You've finally done it and gotten the Holy Trinity in place to run the raid that's going to take the next two hours of your life. Your party eagerly enters and then...BOOM...the tank suddenly goes AFK. In this week's Guild Sores, MMORPG.com's comic genius David North takes a look at just that. Check it out and then share some of your AFK experiences in the comments.

We entered the dungeon and the coast looked clear. I double-checked the mini-map and didn’t see a single red dot, which made me think that if any time was going to be good for a break it would be now.

Check out David North's Guild Sores: A Quick Break.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DukeTyrionDukeTyrion Member UncommonPosts: 89

Like most guilds, we have a player like that.

Everyone gets in the dungeon, does a quick check, pulls the first mob, then we get the call 'AFK Pizza'.

I guess it would help if he a) wasn't often the healer and b) waited until we had at least finished the group we were fighting!

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

lol hot pocket! They still make those? Nasty.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• howtolandhowtoland Member Posts: 92

Sigh.

These are so bad that I'm embarassed FOR you.

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

I agree, im sore from reading this.

• NivisiruNivisiru Member UncommonPosts: 186

o0 thats kinda rude...

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I appreciate these comics, but ya...the humor is a little too obvious and lacking in good punch line. Not saying I could do better but i dont think anyone could do worse, is the problem.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be funny or not.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Sigh, these "comics" make me want to never return to this site.. 

• howtolandhowtoland Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by quentin405

Sigh, these "comics" make me want to never return to this site.. 

I agree man. I know its irrational, but they are honestly THAT bad.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Lol, you can never do anything right on the internet. The comics are pretty good, keep it up.

This is not a game.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I don't really have the words, so I'll just let this link do it for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYIryh07hbY

• tochicooltochicool Member Posts: 153

At least this time it made sense.

But it wasn't funny.

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

• LyrinaLyrina Member UncommonPosts: 51

Not funny, but real... :-/

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

OMG I love it very funny and Soooooo true. If Hot Pockets were smart they would so catar to gamers by giving us game theme pockets like "Cheesy Orcs" lmao

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Again a comic that tries to be funny but fails. Keep trying I guess.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• Xero_ChanceXero_Chance Member Posts: 519

Nobody should be playing a squishy class if they can't defend themselves from a single patrol. Tanks are not that important, dps needs to not suck.

In the writer's situation, I'd blame the healer. Seriously, who can't heal a bunch of squishies as they kill a random patrol?

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

Though I disagree with afking during a raid or dungeon run I will say this, this weeks Guild Sores was much better. Keep moving along this path it was a bit funnier than last week.

• SgtFabulousSgtFabulous Member Posts: 42

Wasn't funny

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Good fun.  I'm no fan of HT for more or less this reason!

• yevgeniiyevgenii Member Posts: 34

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say I'm not the only person that follows every Guild Sores comic just to see how bad and not funny they can possibly get :P

It's entertaining, in its own twisted way.

• ThanesThanes Member Posts: 182

Its not so bad.  In the second panel I really get the sense that the char character is away from the keyboard.

• Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

Originally posted by yevgenii

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say I'm not the only person that follows every Guild Sores comic just to see how bad and not funny they can possibly get :P

It's entertaining, in its own twisted way.

YES! Keep these comics coming. The comments are very entertaining as well.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

It's amazing that both the writer and mmorgp's staff don't even check the universal hatred for the strip apparently..

• UsedManateeUsedManatee Member Posts: 161

Originally posted by zellmer

It's amazing that both the writer and mmorgp's staff don't even check the universal hatred for the strip apparently..

This one doesn't bother me nearly as much as some of the "random humor" that was linked in the Random Humor section in the past few years...

Case in point, check out the wacky antics of GUComics, currently featuring an IKEA joke.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

I laugh more from the user base's reaction to the comic then the comic itself!

Playing: varies every day it seems.