Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slower than Allods isnt possible......

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

This game still feels so slow that i felt asleep at my keyboard after playing two new characters to level 5. I mean Lotro feels fast compared to this. 

Allods is so slow that i simply cant understand that no one complains about the game speed.

This game could be good if they increased the overall speed by at least 30%+

Almost 2 years in Beta and still crawling and crawling ......

For me Allods holds the record for beeing the sloooooooooooooooowest mmorpg on the market.

Comments

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

yes i agree. yet even the slowness (the fact that we don't have free mounts and have to walk everywhere) pales in comparison to the CS.  so all complaints are directed at that and we forget the other flaws of this game.

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

you mean slow leveling , or slow combat?

depending on the class for the combat...but the leveling is pretty slow paced. How i got a Brute to 35 before i quit is beyond me.

My mage on the other hand can kill pretty fast.

All in all i liked the game even with the slow leveling , but the CS BS was just to much for me to stick around.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Honestly i mean everything in this game is to slow. Anyways slow movement also means slow leveling.  players are crawling from quest to quest in Allods.

No runbuff nothing...

PvE servers would also help to get more players btw...

These Russian developers did so many mistakes since almost 2 years i am not sure if this game can be safed ever..

I read the forums for a few month and i read so many good postings about how Allods could be successful from many good and very interested players but the Russians simply dont listen and dig their own grave.

Allods is still in beta after 2 years and honestly i think it will never reach the "official release" state...  probaly the whole project will be retired before more damage to the invesntors money is done. They lost 1.000.000.+ Dollars on that project already and so far its a complete fail. 

1st the greedy prices for europeans and americans then this strange PvP cure item which is suddenly free for anyone, strange class Nerfs like the Wardens "Renew" heal which can be cast once per minute..... what a heal is that ? once per minute ? for 10 sec ? 

I read the patch notes from the past 16 month and i read so much chaotic skill balancing that everything is messed up now.

Pets AI and Pathing is worse than Beta 1 and and and

I am really not sure if this game will ever bring the 1.000.000+ Bucks back ......... i think someone that thinks hes a sponsor for a great online game is ruining himself currently :) 

• YarunaYaruna Member Posts: 342

Actually, leaving beta should be just around the corner with the next patch. On the greed and all that, well it's f2p, what can I say? Free to play for a while then pay or grind your ass off to remain in the game...

Waiting for Guild Wars 2, and maybe SWTOR until that time...

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

"Allods Online - A Completely Free To Play Online Game!"

thats nice but not true......... why play a game made by greedy people that are not saying the truth ?

The word "completely" is the one word that bites me.

If something is 100%=Completely free, why does this game have a cash Shop ??

anyways Allods is doomed since the one and only person that started the greed joined their management. Whats this guys name btw ? Who is the guy that ruined Allods ? Just curious if anyone knows the name of this anti-marketing/development destroying manager :)

yeah i hate it when they lie to your face.  all they care about is making your money.  but yeah i heard gpotato's other games are also crap cs infested (not that i'd expect anything else except i'm wondering why they're popualr.  when you look up a best f2p game list, there's always rappelz, fiesta, runescape, maplestory, rom and allods.  i think i might quit mmos for a few years.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

You can play the gamne for free. It will take you forever and you will be weaker than someone else who bought the runes. BUT YOU CAN PLAY IT FOR FREE! People please start using your heads. Every single f2p mmo is the same.

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

i lvl till 40 before expansion start to build my ship and then i quit, i will be weit for bether time to back to game .

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• misfit7783misfit7783 Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Portland

This game still feels so slow that i felt asleep at my keyboard after playing two new characters to level 5. I mean Lotro feels fast compared to this. 

Allods is so slow that i simply cant understand that no one complains about the game speed.

For me Allods holds the record for beeing the sloooooooooooooooowest mmorpg on the market.

get ritalin.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

You must of  missed the double xp they had last week. Took my char all they way to 10 - 20 and another one to 5 just before i went int to imperail capital. It can at times be grindy and the tasty mushroom quest is about the bogus quest in the game,  Its one of the quicker games to level you get to rest your xp. I like lotro xp fatiuge it gets slow the higher you get.

Edgar F Greenwood

"Allods Online - A Completely Free To Play Online Game!"

thats nice but not true......... why play a game made by greedy people that are not saying the truth ?

The word "completely" is the one word that bites me.

If something is 100%=Completely free, why does this game have a cash Shop ??

anyways Allods is doomed since the one and only person that started the greed joined their management. Whats this guys name btw ? Who is the guy that ruined Allods ? Just curious if anyone knows the name of this anti-marketing/development destroying manager :)

Here it is... Nothing is free in this world.  Free to play means that your not charged a montly fee. Cash shops are there for items or cosmetics that is available to the consumer for a price. YOU do not have to buy from the store everything you need is there in the ah or by bater.  So i think your confused.  I really think that people need to quit complaining about the cash shops and play the game.  No one was lying

Edgar F Greenwood

*snip*  No one was lying  

Let me guess, you either joined Allods after the Gipat patch hit, or you're totally and utterly clueless as to how Gala sold that patch to their player base...

No one was lying, get real. They were lying alright, bigtime. You think that the thousands and thousands of outraged forum posts that were either conveniently moved to off-topic or deleted happened because 'no one was lying'? Sounds like you really missed something there if you really think that, at the very least, the Allods GM's weren't blattantly lying at the time.

Originally posted by Yaruna

*snip*  No one was lying  

Let me guess, you either joined Allods after the Gipat patch hit, or you're totally and utterly clueless as to how Gala sold that patch to their player base...

No one was lying, get real. They were lying alright, bigtime. You think that the thousands and thousands of outraged forum posts that were either conveniently moved to off-topic or deleted happened because 'no one was lying'? Sounds like you really missed something there if you really think that, at the very least, the Allods GM's weren't blattantly lying at the time.

Like i said nothing in this world is free. Yeah i played last year but not enough. I understand people were pissed and get pissed. The past is the past and all the bullshit is gone.  You really dont need the item shop at all as much as you needed it when you were playng. 

Edgar F Greenwood

It's true that cash shop is far less a requirement than it was with the introduction of the Gipat patch. Gala and Mail.ru have made serious changes since the last (up till now at least) and most severe of the monetization/doomsday patches. It looks like they saw the errors of their ways at long last. Kirah seems interesting, we'll see how long the quests last and when the grind starts...

• tochicooltochicool Member Posts: 153

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

Originally posted by tochicool

Read this

How does this change anything? You think you're the first player to ask for the Pre-Gipat xp-requirements back? If Mail.ru isn't implementing it then Gala-net can't offer it.

Originally posted by tochicool

Read this

How does this change anything? You think you're the first player to ask for the Pre-Gipat xp-requirements back? If Mail.ru isn't implementing it then Gala-net can't offer it.

I don't even know how the game was pre-gipat but it must have been brilliant if everyone wants it back.

And you didn't even read it proberly; I was asking for a level double up. The content, exp, isn't going to change.

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

Pre Gipat xp requirements were about 2,5 times less than now at level 40 (cap pre-Gipat). With the extra quests it would be like having a permanent double event xp. It boils down to the same thing for the high level players, tough lower levels (below 20) would zoom through content with a double xp event. So Pre-Gipat xp was pretty much optimal. If they had increased the xp-requirements by 10 to 20 percent with the extra quests in the game then it would have been perfect in that respect. Of course that would have meant that nobody would have really felt the need to buy xp enhancing scrolls from the cash shop and I guess that monetisation was the big drive to not do the 'right' thing.

I really don't find anything wrong with the current system.

But they should have left it as it was for other peeps.

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Allods is actually a good game.

Graphics, combat, UI, classes, quest content.

All extremely well done.

Sadly the cash shop ruins a good game.

Still in the top 5 of f2p games for me.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Originally posted by Z3R01

All extremely well done.

Not exactly hard to be in the top 5 f2p list.  The standard for f2p is so low.  The only f2p that does it right is LoL and it's not even a MMO.  Though there is one f2p I'm actually excited about, Age Of Wulin, even though Gpotato was a turn off and it's only in Europe.  But there's no CS apparently.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Originally posted by Cawickeng

All extremely well done.

Not exactly hard to be in the top 5 f2p list.  The standard for f2p is so low.  The only f2p that does it right is LoL and it's not even a MMO.  Though there is one f2p I'm actually excited about, Age Of Wulin, even though Gpotato was a turn off and it's only in Europe.  But there's no CS apparently.

Actually, Games like Runes of Magic, Atlantica Online, Perfect world, Forsaken World are very high quality even compared to todays P2p. If you count games like Lotro, EQ2x, AoC and GA the f2p scene is really strong. sadly the majority of those games get tainted by cash shops that go a little to far imo.

But the games themselves are actually good.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

All extremely well done.

There's no CS yet because it's only coming to Europe in 2012. It's hosted by Gpotato, nuff said.

All extremely well done.

There's no CS yet because it's only coming to Europe in 2012. It's hosted by Gpotato, nuff said.

Yes that's what I'm afraid of.

All extremely well done.

Yes that's what I'm afraid of.

It's not if, it's when. gPotato are a F2P company. They normally inject it after the earlier stages...

FEEL THE FULL
    FREE-TO-FLAME
    FANTASY.