Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MapleStory: Bringing PvP to the Masses

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

It's hard to imagine a "cute" game like MapleStory featuring the blood-thirsty PvP matches that many MMOs utilize. Nexon devs never let that lack of foresight on our part stop them from implementing PvP anyway. In a new interview with the MapleStory team, MMORPG.com Industry Relations Manager Garrett Fuller gets the low down on PvP. Read on!

What reaction did you get when you first announced you were adding Chaos to MapleStory?

The response was exceedingly positive. Features like PvP and the Profession system are content that our players have been looking forward to for a long time and when we announced we would be adding them (as well as many others) all this summer, players were extremely excited.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's MapleStory: Bringing PvP to the Masses.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

First!...not that i even cared about Maplestory...

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

Looks interesting, I wonder how long it takes to get to lvl 30 so you can try it.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

Level 30 takes about 3 days playing around 4 hours a day. I'm told they sped the leveling up quite a bit, but really, if you can't stand grind games this isn't for you.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Ya, i tried it once. Its kinda like playing Zelda 2 on NES but you're just constantly grinding mobs for exp rather you know...adventuring.

• KizzattaKizzatta Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by Fendel84M

Ya, i tried it once. Its kinda like playing Zelda 2 on NES but you're just constantly grinding mobs for exp rather you know...adventuring.

If Zelda 2 was made into an MMO I'd be playin that fsho, son!

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Honestly, as one-dimensional and grindy as maplestory is, it's fucking great when at work. I do IT most of the day, and when nobody needs help, I sit around and play with myself. When not playing with myself, maplestory is a great pastime. It's not something I could play all the time, but when I'm getting paid to sit around, it's not half bad.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Originally posted by rtbbvr

Level 30 takes about 3 days playing around 4 hours a day. I'm told they sped the leveling up quite a bit, but really, if you can't stand grind games this isn't for you.

That just makes it all the more annoying and "NEVER want to go back..." after the hell it was to even get to the second job at 30..

Trivializing all the grind that required makes me hate it even more, lol..

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

It's an AoE fest / multi hit fest.    A point based pvp system that rewards characters that have multi hit attacks like Dual Bladers, and AOE attacks like Battle Mages. They claimed that they were going to balance out skills in PvP, but they ended up just creating tiers in which the higher the tier the greater the reward, but the more skills that can be used, up to the point where you can use consumables.

Overall it's pretty retarded. The top tier is generally dominated by Battle Mages due to their high mobility and the ability to deal damage while being invulnerable.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

This is why I gave up on mmorpgs.  Everybody is force fed pvp.  Tired of it.  Its the same old same old gank fest b.s.  Nothing new. 

Its all about the epeen apparently.

• urdrielurdriel Member UncommonPosts: 31

you have pve servers too.........AoC have 100% pve server.

• KyuubiAKAKyuubiAKA Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by rtbbvr

I have no idea when was the last time you played, but it's way easier than roughly 12 hours to get to level 30. I'm sure a lot of people now can get to 45-50 at least in 12 hours if they really like the class. 

Also, the only problem about PvP I can see besides balancing issues are the hackers that are in a lot of matches with mostly no delay hacks...