Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EoN will be F2P

ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

http://www.endofnations.com/en/news/#End of Nations will be free-to-play

I like not having to worry about shelling out money for this, but I am concerned about a p2w model with an RTS like this...

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

I just glanced over the small paragraph, but do they really mean F2P? As in download and play? Or buy the box, and there's no monthly sub?

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

"Will I need real money to play? Will I need a credit card to play?

End of Nations is truly free to play—so no money or credit card is needed to play or succeed. Most items in the store will be purchasable with either End of Nations Wealth (currency earned in-game by playing) or with Trion Credits (purchased currency).

Will there be a retail box? Will there be a Collector’s Edition?

There will be a Collector’s Edition for End of Nations available at retail. Expect it to be packed with a cool selection of both physical and digital extras! The Collector’s Edition will be the only “box” at retail, although we will also have End of Nations prepaid cards. We will also offer a digital version of the Collector’s Edition, with just the digital extras."

Straight from the FAQ

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Archeminos

"Will I need real money to play? Will I need a credit card to play?

End of Nations is truly free to play—so no money or credit card is needed to play or succeed. Most items in the store will be purchasable with either End of Nations Wealth (currency earned in-game by playing) or with Trion Credits (purchased currency).

Will there be a retail box? Will there be a Collector’s Edition?

There will be a Collector’s Edition for End of Nations available at retail. Expect it to be packed with a cool selection of both physical and digital extras! The Collector’s Edition will be the only “box” at retail, although we will also have End of Nations prepaid cards. We will also offer a digital version of the Collector’s Edition, with just the digital extras."

Straight from the FAQ

Well that's certainly interesting.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• ArcheminosArcheminos Member Posts: 283

Its looking a lot like World in Conflict as an MMO...thats 50 person coop against that beautiful massive warmachine looks like good times to me as well.