Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this a skill based game?

binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

do i need to distribute my hp, armor, dmg and etc?

Comments

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

No, this is a persistant, partial loot, 3rd person shooter RPG.

You have NPC's that dont give quests, rather you pledge allegiance to them, and then everything you do, and missions completed, level up your rank with those NPC.  Doing so unlocks items and new NPC's to pledge to.

There are equipment and persona modifications.  They will buff an aspect and nerf another.  You could raise your HP (wearing body armor) at the expense of how fast you move ect.

Theres no crafting, rather you design premade items (like tshirts, jeans, vars ect) and then you can sell them on the AH or just use them.  Ive yet to see a game with as much custom decoration on cars,clothes, and persona via tatoos and makup.

There are two ways to progress with NPC's, doing missions, which can pit you against the enemy faction, or by partaking in open world crime (or if enforcer, cleaning up the mess/arresting)

Also as you play, your threat level increses, adding bonuses, increasing the chance of a bounty being placed on your head, and when reaching mex threat, its open season on you, and your marked on everyones map.

There are no visable stats, only ahcievements, and things unlocked.  Also your not wearing "armor" just decorative clothes, eventhough you may have a kevlar armor mod equipped.  Just your clothes (designed however you see fit, customization is amazing in the game) your gun (the only equipment that effects gameplay), your car, and your persona.

• DeViLzzz2007DeViLzzz2007 Member Posts: 107

Thank goodness for APB cuz I finally have grown tired of WOW and the like where I can no longer even play WOW currently despite subscribing again after 3 months away from the game.  I tried to get back into it but can't.  I really like the idea of less button mashing in an mmorpg and APB is the answer to this.

Money is the root of all evil.

• DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134

If by skill you mean Pay to Win then yes, why yes it is.

ARMAS guns damn near instagib you.  The stun rounds put you down in 1-3 hits and there are aimbots and hacks aplenty. 

This game is Terribad

• SupergrassSupergrass Member Posts: 110

Not in the sense of aiming, no.

Shooting in this game doesn't take skill; it's point and click. It's pretty much a 'whoever has the better gun' wins. Though I don't feel it's a pay-to-win. You can get just as powerful weapons by ranking up.

The only 'skills' involved in this game are learning how to cover, know where to rush/defend and how to peak around corners with the camera system so you can pounce on unsuspecting enemies.

edit: Yes and no.

There's modifications for your weapon(s) and character that you can use. I don't know a whole lot about it, but there are mods that do like 20% more damage or 20% scope range. I don't think it's game changing, though.

Currently Playing:

Nothing.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

Originally posted by strangerdang

No, this is a persistant, partial loot, 3rd person shooter RPG.

You have NPC's that dont give quests, rather you pledge allegiance to them, and then everything you do, and missions completed, level up your rank with those NPC.  Doing so unlocks items and new NPC's to pledge to.

There are equipment and persona modifications.  They will buff an aspect and nerf another.  You could raise your HP (wearing body armor) at the expense of how fast you move ect.

Theres no crafting, rather you design premade items (like tshirts, jeans, vars ect) and then you can sell them on the AH or just use them.  Ive yet to see a game with as much custom decoration on cars,clothes, and persona via tatoos and makup.

There are two ways to progress with NPC's, doing missions, which can pit you against the enemy faction, or by partaking in open world crime (or if enforcer, cleaning up the mess/arresting)

Also as you play, your threat level increses, adding bonuses, increasing the chance of a bounty being placed on your head, and when reaching mex threat, its open season on you, and your marked on everyones map.

There are no visable stats, only ahcievements, and things unlocked.  Also your not wearing "armor" just decorative clothes, eventhough you may have a kevlar armor mod equipped.  Just your clothes (designed however you see fit, customization is amazing in the game) your gun (the only equipment that effects gameplay), your car, and your persona.

This post answers well, your question is a little...grey in terms but I come from he FPS world. Nevertheless, I do enjoy this game and have been since the first one came out. It is true that hackers are present but less frequent on at certain times, like now at 2 AM, its a kids thing this hacking.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

Originally posted by Drakolus

If by skill you mean Pay to Win then yes, why yes it is.

ARMAS guns damn near instagib you.  The stun rounds put you down in 1-3 hits and there are aimbots and hacks aplenty. 

This game is Terribad

no you just sucked at the game LOL. I BOUGHT the armas guns thinking the same thing when i first start.

"this game sucks i have to buy a gun off armas in order to compete".

so i got the gun people complain about the N-Tec. found out after i got use to the game, i actually did better with the STAR 556 because of i thought the NTEC bloom was too quick.

now im just working my way up the ranks so i can get a modded out version

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

best weapon usually wins (more precise less kick back etc!but all = yes it can become a skill game but their rating system changed not sure how it affect match selection now!

• cdude93cdude93 Member Posts: 31

It is skill based. Gear and cash shop items can provide an edge, but it's nothing game-altering. A skilled player with a noob rifle can still take on golds and win.

The best thing you can do starting off is join with a friend, find an abandoned zone, and spend a couple hours farming your conc nades. Once you have those you've got the biggest equalizer you'll really need.

That said, don't bother since it appears to me that G1 has given up on the game and is just trying to squeeze as much cash out of the player base before they quit as they can.

They repeatedly pump out the same old assets with new textures or a couple tweaked stats on the guns and call it "new content" that you get to shell out ridiculous amounts of cash for. I gave them a /finger until I see otherwise from them.