Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get FF14

bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

Hey guys I want to give FF14 a chance. This is not a thread to bash the game, I dont want to hear anything in the lines of "Ohh this game sux dont get it , dont waste ur money" I have made up my mind and I do want to try it. All my local stores dont sell it in a box and Square's website doesnt sell it digitaly. Does anyone know of any websites i can trust to purchase a key and a download link of some sort?

Comments

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by bambook

This is not a thread to bash the game, I dont want to hear anything in the lines of "Ohh this game sux dont get it , dont waste ur money" I have made up my mind and I do want to try it.

Soon the haters will crawl from under their rocks to provide you exactly that.

As to the question, Best Buy by me still has a copy or two, or you could go with Amazon.  I can't sem to find anyone distributing it digitally.

• XciserXciser Member UncommonPosts: 102

after the last patches... last 2 weeks.... this game is getting really good, its def on a rebound with the new dev.  In a month it will be FF 11 2.0, and the population is starting to get a lot better.    

The only way to buy it is from bestbuy, gamestop,walmart, all those places.....  if you cant find it there use amazon or another site.   Thats the only way to get it atm.

• wolftamerwolftamer Member Posts: 29

do you have to pay to resub?  I wouldn't mind checkin on it, but not for another 15 bucks :)

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

You can only get a physical copy of the game right now, no one is offering a digital copy of it yet. Although if you prefer, you could try your luck at getting a buddy key, and then just torrent the client.

Originally posted by wolftamer

do you have to pay to resub?  I wouldn't mind checkin on it, but not for another 15 bucks :)

The only money that you have to put in to the game right now is in just the box price. There are no subscription fees or anything right now. Basically, if you've ever played Guild Wars, it's like that.

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

I have a cd key for a full game, but i dont have the client, how do i get it?

where do i put the game code in and make an account??? i cant seem to find it

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

You mst go on a long journey and find the ancient stone of Xunagtugla. With the stone you will be able to swim across the burning lake made of wasps. Then you must fight Chuck Norris and win 2 times. Then you will be ready to go on the real quest to register. Seriously though, its like they dont want you to play the game.

here you go dawg. http://ffxiv.zam.com/wiki/Setting_Up_FFXIV

Originally posted by jinxxed0

You mst go on a long journey and find the ancient stone of Xunagtugla. With the stone you will be able to swim across the burning lake made of wasps. Then you must fight Chuck Norris and win 2 times. Then you will be ready to go on the real quest to register. Seriously though, its like they dont want you to play the game.

man i wish everyone was as helpful as you are! thanks alot bro!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I just re intalled this game again, and I have been enjoying every change they made. I like the new combat system, even if it is a little slower, the auto attack was nice. Plus I like the fact that they reduced some of the leve rewards mainly because it encourages grinding in groups like in FFXI, even if the respawn timers are still a bit atrocious. All in all, I'm very happy currently with this game.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Well, its good to hear that people seem positive about the changes.  I still haven't come back to the game since im busy with Rift.

Waiting on PS3 release to give this game another shot.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by nickster29

Well, its good to hear that people seem positive about the changes.  I still haven't come back to the game since im busy with Rift.

i was doing the same..but i thought they decided not to go console with all the problems they have had..they wernt going to bother..idk its what a friend told me

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by jinxxed0

Well at least there is a way in FF14. FF11 OTOH....they really do NOT want you to play at all...

Originally posted by odinsrath

i was doing the same..but i thought they decided not to go console with all the problems they have had..they wernt going to bother..idk its what a friend told me

The PS3 release has only been delayed indefinitely, it hasn't been cancelled. Personally, I'm just waiting for patch 1.20 to be out. The holy trinity of patches, 1.18/1.19/1.20, are supposed to end up radically changing the game for the better. So far, with patch 1.18, it looks like the game has already taken a huge step in the right direction with the addition of auto-attack (absolutely hated the previous combat system). 1.19 is also promising to bring chocobos and airships, along with more grand company activities, refinements and adjustments to the auto-attack system, removal of physical levels, and beast camps. Then 1.20 is going to be adding unlockable jobs and expanding the storyline missions. So hopefully between these three patches, the game will end up being what it should've been at launch.

• br00klynbr00klyn Member UncommonPosts: 8

So is it true that you dont need to pay a sub if u bought the game now?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by nekrothing

The PS3 release has only been delayed indefinitely, it hasn't been cancelled. Personally, I'm just waiting for patch 1.20 to be out. The holy trinity of patches, 1.18/1.19/1.20, are supposed to end up radically changing the game for the better. So far, with patch 1.18, it looks like the game has already taken a huge step in the right direction with the addition of auto-attack (absolutely hated the previous combat system). 1.19 is also promising to bring chocobos and airships, along with more grand company activities, refinements and adjustments to the auto-attack system, removal of physical levels, and beast camps. Then 1.20 is going to be adding unlockable jobs and expanding the storyline missions. So hopefully between these three patches, the game will end up being what it should've been at launch.

while its not completely impossible that there will be an eventual PS3 release, until the final PC version is released, they probably don't have the man-power to work on it.. plus there is the increasing problem as time goes on, of whether or not the PS3 can even handle the finished version.. its possible that in order to make it PS3 compatable they may have to 'fine tune' features somewhat..  the most likely outcome would be that they will hold off until the PS4 is available in 2016...  .. seriously.. image

Originally posted by Phry

while its not completely impossible that there will be an eventual PS3 release, until the final PC version is released, they probably don't have the man-power to work on it.. plus there is the increasing problem as time goes on, of whether or not the PS3 can even handle the finished version.. its possible that in order to make it PS3 compatable they may have to 'fine tune' features somewhat..  the most likely outcome would be that they will hold off until the PS4 is available in 2016...  .. seriously.. image

They had originally said something along the lines of the lack of memory in the PS3 being a problem for FFXIV, but according to this article, the PS3 version of the game has already been gold since last November. So they probably worked out all of the issues they had on the technical-side of the PS3 version, and are just waiting for the game to be good enough to be re-released.

• Amazon has a lot of copys, boxed that is, collectors edition and standard, hope that helps ^^

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

They are working on the PS3 version already, but are not going to release it until after the revamps.  Likely this year.

There is no "final PC version" being released either, they are patching the PC version and will relaunch it on PS3.  However the PC disks they ship will likely be the same ones from last year, unless there is an expansion like RoZ attached.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Murugan

They are working on the PS3 version already, but are not going to release it until after the revamps.  Likely this year.

There is no "final PC version" being released either, they are patching the PC version and will relaunch it on PS3.  However the PC disks they ship will likely be the same ones from last year, unless there is an expansion like RoZ attached.

well, as development of the ps3 version was put on hold indefinitely, at least until they finish the PC version.. i guess you can read into that what you will.. its not a matter of just changing the game interface after all, but reworking of the game itself, once they finish with that.. however long that takes, they will no doubt go back to working on porting it to the ps3.. if possible.. either way, i wouldnt put any money on it coming out this year, all things considered... for the moment.. lets just see how they do with getting the game where it should be.. before worrying about whether or not they release it for the ps3 too.image

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

after reading this thread a few days ago, i picked up the garlond goggles edition for £3.25 and im currently updating ;)

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's