Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really not that bad

2»

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Originally posted by Murugan

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Originally posted by Murugan

Originally posted by toph1980

Nice, but....

- Is the UI still laggy?

- Do you still need a PS3 controller to play properly?

If the answer to those questions is yes then I guess I'm truly done with FF and SE. The lag was unbearable and so were the archaic controls. It's a PC game ffs.

Keyboard has always been better than a controller, just like in FFXI, however there has been some improvements to the controls/ui with new targetting/keybind options..

Since it is still an issue they are working on though, I assume it probably won't be to your satisfaction.

Yep played XI since the NA launch, and this game since launch (give or take a 5 month break).

Keyboard only is by far the most efficient way to play, don't really understand what your problem is.  A lot of people use controllers, but more use keyboard.

I mean I never reached the level cap or anything, but I found playing the PC version of FFXI without  a gamepad to be a painful experience at best.  What makes you say it's the most efficient way to play?

What do you mean it can do all a gamepad can, without having to scroll between any menu/macro, and the ability to type without having to re-position your hands.

The only people who have problem using keyboards are people who learned to play MMO's in another game, and refuse/can't adapt to new layouts.  Having played FFXI since launch I find the ability to play with keyboard only much smoother than the keyboard/mouse setup of most MMO's, I have better access to my entire keyboard whereas in other MMO's I generally find myself resetting a lot of keybinds to f, g, r, t, h, shift+ etc.  Then again I can actually type comfortably which makes using the entire keyboard come easy to me, which I know a lot of MMO players these days struggle with.

Not that they shouldn't be able to play FFXIV, but those are the people with issues and who they have improved it for (somewhat) since launch.