Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont you get bored a bit?

SoshoSosho Member Posts: 18

Weird but i played AO for the first 40 levels and after that i felt it a bit boring...only xp whoring all the time.And then you get better.Then you get new nanos,weapons, then you can do new things.But to be honest i felt im going nowhere.

::::05::

Comments

• BoldgrimBoldgrim Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I haven't played AO for a long time but what you just said, sounds like it could apply to any MMO out there today.  I am what they call a MMO jumper, I jump from one MMO to the next.  And my time in AO was one of the best I've had.
  • azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

It took me literally years to get bored with Anarchy Online.  There was a lot more going on in that game than the endless level-grind that all games share.  Over a period of three years, I explored the planet, took part in both official and player-driven roleplay events, learned many variations on each profession, did a little PvP and became a longstanding pillar of the social and party community.

But after three years, I finally ran out of new things to do and new places to go, and rather than let my boredom and disaffection spread to others who had not yet been everywhere and seen everything, I drifted off to new worlds with new possibilities.

If you can't find something interesting to do and have spent under a year on RubiKa, I suggest you find and join an active guild to freshen your experience and put life back into the game for you.  Trust me, the possibilities remain outstanding.  It takes a lot to capture my attention for more than a year, and AO did deliver.

• HarasharHarashar Member Posts: 68

Unfortunatly i only played this game for about 4 month reason being i was to busy to play it and i felt as if i was getting no where.  I enjoyed playing it but every time i logged on i felt as if i was doing the same thing over and over again.

Dont get me wrong i would have loved to explore the whole planet but i'm afraid i dont have a long enough attention span to keep my mind lingering on one thing for long periods of time.  But still a good game!

• nilsynilsy Member Posts: 10

mmorps are the only computer games that try to capture a player for a long while all others just want u to buy the game play it short time buy new game rinse repeat

"dont u get bored a bit" this is a new mmorp compter question in all mmorp there seems to be a small mobb of people that have done everyting/been everywere/owns everyting and is BORED u can almost feel the time they gona keep playing isnt very long. i have not yet found a mmorp wich had no such people. some seems to use the online game as a chatt to keep in touch with all people they know playing the game

i would say answear to dont u get bored is realizing when u should move on to the next game and its so far true for all mmorps

• SoshoSosho Member Posts: 18

Ah no no and no.Not all the games are boring.I think AO is boring.More then the rest.It's not about moving on to the next game, it's about AO.It brings you nowhere.Even if you do missions, it's a big xp whoring and item shopping to get better and better and...? You are suddenly lvl 200 and walking around like a ghost.

• bendortikerbendortiker Member Posts: 20

hm i personally feel that with ao its different. the lvl maximum 200 really keeps u playn for a while and the lots of items have the same effect. there are games which offer way less and still keep u for 2 years or so example: lineage 2. k most people hate it (i like it since i am more of a powergamer i feel the roleplay aspect cant be achieved over the internet where everyone has access if u want roleplaying do pen and paper (i like it too d&d for example i only played pen and paper)) back to the point: lineage2 is more of grinding and u get better equip etc but isnt that what u are doing in all mmorpg? isnt this getting better what keeps u playing? isnt it the competition that keeps u playn? k now u might argue that its boring with lvl 200 but then u should quit. i mean a game cannot hold u for ever i just say that some can hold u for longer than others and ao is one of these in my opinion. also ich u really like the game u start another professsion etc u can stick to a game for ever :). also expansion packs try to do it so thats my opinion

when u dont want to play a game dont play it and if u want to play a game then play: why do we argue about this anyway? even if we post arguments for a game or against will prevent another player from quitting. it might influence his decision whether to buy it or not but thats not the point which has been discussed here. so cya image

• bendortikerbendortiker Member Posts: 20

little correction: last sentence:

will NOT prevent....

imagesry i am german and my english is not perfect and i was in a hurry

• SoshoSosho Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by bendortiker

hm i personally feel that with ao its different. the lvl maximum 200 really keeps u playn for a while and the lots of items have the same effect. there are games which offer way less and still keep u for 2 years or so example: lineage 2. k most people hate it (i like it since i am more of a powergamer i feel the roleplay aspect cant be achieved over the internet where everyone has access if u want roleplaying do pen and paper (i like it too d&d for example i only played pen and paper)) back to the point: lineage2 is more of grinding and u get better equip etc but isnt that what u are doing in all mmorpg? isnt this getting better what keeps u playing? isnt it the competition that keeps u playn? k now u might argue that its boring with lvl 200 but then u should quit. i mean a game cannot hold u for ever i just say that some can hold u for longer than others and ao is one of these in my opinion. also ich u really like the game u start another professsion etc u can stick to a game for ever :). also expansion packs try to do it so thats my opinion
    when u dont want to play a game dont play it and if u want to play a game then play: why do we argue about this anyway? even if we post arguments for a game or against will prevent another player from quitting. it might influence his decision whether to buy it or not but thats not the point which has been discussed here. so cya image

We are not arguing - or at least im not - we are only discussing a topic.Building the community, exchange thoughts, etc.There's nothing wrong with that i think.The reason that AO is good is it's unique system and story.The sci-fi coolness gives you the feeling, and nanos, implants system takes a bit to understand but when you do understand it, you are happy and think that this is the best game ever made.Then you actually finish the game.The only fun part of ao IMO* is that you explore how the system of ao works and get used to it, try it.After you done that, there's not really much more in it.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I'm not bored with it. If you don't have the expansions, your not bored with it yet. If your lvl 40, your not bored with it yet. Trust me. Get a air ride. A yalm. Adventruing is very fun. Doing drive by and killing poachers is da shiznit! image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

never bored.

being in the top guild on RK1 makes everything enjoyable

• arealregjoearealregjoe Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Boldgrim
    I haven't played AO for a long time but what you just said, sounds like it could apply to any MMO out there today.  I am what they call a MMO jumper, I jump from one MMO to the next.  And my time in AO was one of the best I've had.

I find all games the same, exciting at first then it gets boring afterwards.. i wonder if you have already finished a game ..i haven't , i've yet to see a game that is motivating enough for me to finish.

• darkjacobdarkjacob Member Posts: 9

I am sadly getting bored of playing ao after a 4 month peroid i haven't played it day's well its probaly due to the fact i'm having a hard time finding team's all my friends want to go sl which i sadly dont have yet.

Though i do enjoy logging onto the game and chatting with my org from time to time

• weeicolsweeicols Member Posts: 105

Originally posted by Boldgrim

haha same i just cant find anything to stick with i did play AO it was fun for a bit but the combat system sucks

W€€|©ØL$

• trajan22trajan22 Member Posts: 91

eventually all games become boring.

i played AO on/off for 3 years before i gave away all my credits/items and moved on to other things. the secret to enjoying the game is to continually set difficult but achievable goals for yourself.

but that 3 years is a LOT longer than any other game i've played. i spent 3 months in WoW, 3 weeks in CoH, and only 3 days in EQ2. currently playing EVE, but even that is getting old. i think i've got mmorpg fatigue.

• StarkStark Member Posts: 119

I've been playing AO on/off for 3+ years now and keep coming back for more. After you hit lvl 100 and start making money easier the game becomes alot more interesting. I love the rush blitzing QL200 missions for creds and loot. No other game has that same type of rush.

With WOW I just cancelled after putting 593 hours into it. Where did I come back to? AO as it's much more interesting and the future looks great.

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139

Originally posted by Stark

I've been playing AO on/off for 3+ years now and keep coming back for more. After you hit lvl 100 and start making money easier the game becomes alot more interesting. I love the rush blitzing QL200 missions for creds and loot. No other game has that same type of rush.

I just kept an alt, 112 GA fixer just to blitz ql200 missions.
    I can see though that there are moments in leveling where you feel like you don't progress at all, like when you max out for your TL. The worst one is between low 160ish to 190 - the same skill level, the same armor, the same thing for everything.
    You can also add the bad drop rate for certain items which just turns into a huge mind boggling time sink. Camping for Nippy or farming for T2? I know they changed it a couple of months after I quit but before it was just fucking insane. I solo farmed for T2 in Pen for around 3 weeks and only got stuff for 1 piece of armor to upgrade.
  • hellsing3133hellsing3133 Member Posts: 15

Try Endlessages Get a free trial a www.EndlessAgesportal.com (warning this game is for real gamers only)

Try Endlessages Get a free trial a www.EndlessAgesportal.com (warning this game is for real gamers only)