Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My thoughts on lego universe

ttyorkttyork Member Posts: 10

Omg! Epic fail!

Talk about an unfinished, poorly executed adaptation of a fantastic idea!

It's an mmo with such poorly executed multi that you more or less play alone.  Not because there's no people, but there's no group system.  Who releases a mmo with no way to form groups?

Chat, mispell a word and the censor won't let you speak.  Try again.  Like gamers use perfect spelling all the time, cuz well, we dont rush stuff and mipell wurds or use non-standard spllngs or stuf liek that. 3v3r.

Lotta quests! If you think kill 1, then kill 10, then kill 50, then kill 1000 of something is 4 quests and not just 1 freakin long quest with rewards every so often.

No bank.  Nope, nothing.  What you have, you have to carry.  Oh, and those ever so often rewards (see above).  They take space! Lots of it.  I wouldn't mind keeping the 100 or so different style of shirts I got for rewards, if that didn't mean I had to get rid of everything else.  So yeah, no way to keep all your cool stuff you get.  Just isn't enough room.

Clunky camera controls.  Walk by a wall and maybe you suddenly can only see the back of your minifigs head.  Hope nothing was attacking you, cuz if you are facing the wrong way, you can't hit it.  And if you cant see it, who knows if you are facing the right way.

Zones.  Wow, zones...thought that system of breaking up land was pretty much a flower of the 1900's.  But no, lego universe swears by it.  Cuz the zones are HUGE! Like really freakin HUGE!  No wait.  My mistake.  The zones are tiny.  Most other mmo let you walk from 1 end of the world to the other seemlessly but LU needs you to zone.  Oh, and the zones, they have lag lines.  Going either way, you hit one and you stop while it loads.  So their tiny little zones have zones in them. 

Oh, the zones? Yeah, they are instanced too.  Why? Too prevent overcrowding and lag issues!  Wonderful idea!  What?  Lag anyways?  No way!  Yes, yes, the game lags for no reason.  Not sure why.  My system exceeds the recommended on everything but the dual-core processor.  My sucky little p4 3ghz processor( yeah, min is p4 1.5 ghz according to package, 2.0 ghz on website - oops, truth in advertizing violation there) with a video card 12 steps above theirs has horrific lag.  I would like to blame it on the isp, but no, at 3am the isp runs like it's snorting meth like theres no end to it and LU still lags.  So either my video system sucks, the servers suck or the program sucks.

I digress, back to the zones.  So you got a couple friends and you all want to go to Forbidden Valley to kill the dragons for your quest.  Nice, but wait, can't form a group.  No biggie.  You manage to spell out your chat perfectly and tell them to meet you somewhere.  You wait, and wait and wait...and then you call them cuz now when you try to chat to them, it says they don't exist...but you were smart! You got their phone number (don't do that. It's stupid actually).  So you call GrumpyRabbitKiller and ask where he is.  And he swears he is RIGHT where you said to be.  You look...no just you....So you ask again and he swears he is RIGHT there! No neither of you is wrong.  You're both where you say, but you are there in seperate instances.  Cuz they instance the zones so there dont have overcrowding and lag (oops, fail).  And since you can't group with your freinds, you might go to a different instance.  So much for team work.

Graphics look amazingly like Lego Island, which is over ten years old...not sure what they felt the need to use old style graphics when the new Lego video games by Traveller's Tales had very nice graphics.  And the TT games run fantastic on my system.  Oh well, can't blame the lag on my video system now. 

Build your property.  Nice concept.  Very nice concept.  Would actually be fun if your minifig didnt have to carry EVERY single brick and place them themselves. And rotate them. Individually!  Sure you can make some really cool things...if you spent hour after hour after hour on them.  This is supposed to be a game, not a freakin full-time job.

UI, wow.  How badly can you make a simple UI?  How about...5 quick slots! Ok...not 50 which might be too many, but 5 could work.  I guess.  Oh what the heck is this! You can only use certain items in each slot.  Slot 1 main weapon, slot 2 off hand, slot 3 helmet ability, slot 4 shoulder item ability, slot 5 heals.  1 slot for heal items?  Ok, if you got 1 type of heals.  But NOOOOOOO.   You got speed buffs, heal health, repair armor, etc etc and you can only assign 1 at a time.

Not to mention, actually using the heal item is chancy.  Click click click, press 5 press 5 press 5.  Too late, you broke up.  Yep, lag or poor interface controls mean that you dont get to use your heals in a timely fashion.  Well, sometimes you do, but generally in my experience, if you need to heal, you may as well plan to break up.

Oh, hmm, I try to equip an item by d-clicking it, just like the instruction say, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen.  Ok, click some more, and more, finally the hell with it, click like a hundred times and pray it registered a d-click sometime in there.  Or maybe it just attaches the brand new level 3 faction armor you just bought to the cursor so that when you close the vendor screen it sells you armor back to the vendor....for a 10th of what you spent.  Thanks for that one.

Overall, 3/10 and it only gets 3 for what it promises.  What it delivers is a 1.

Comments

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

Originally posted by ttyork

Omg! Epic fail!

Talk about an unfinished, poorly executed adaptation of a fantastic idea!

It's an mmo with such poorly executed multi that you more or less play alone.  Not because there's no people, but there's no group system.  Who releases a mmo with no way to form groups?

Chat, mispell a word and the censor won't let you speak.  Try again.  Like gamers use perfect spelling all the time, cuz well, we dont rush stuff and mipell wurds or use non-standard spllngs or stuf liek that. 3v3r.

Lotta quests! If you think kill 1, then kill 10, then kill 50, then kill 1000 of something is 4 quests and not just 1 freakin long quest with rewards every so often.

No bank.  Nope, nothing.  What you have, you have to carry.  Oh, and those ever so often rewards (see above).  They take space! Lots of it.  I wouldn't mind keeping the 100 or so different style of shirts I got for rewards, if that didn't mean I had to get rid of everything else.  So yeah, no way to keep all your cool stuff you get.  Just isn't enough room.

Clunky camera controls.  Walk by a wall and maybe you suddenly can only see the back of your minifigs head.  Hope nothing was attacking you, cuz if you are facing the wrong way, you can't hit it.  And if you cant see it, who knows if you are facing the right way.

Zones.  Wow, zones...thought that system of breaking up land was pretty much a flower of the 1900's.  But no, lego universe swears by it.  Cuz the zones are HUGE! Like really freakin HUGE!  No wait.  My mistake.  The zones are tiny.  Most other mmo let you walk from 1 end of the world to the other seemlessly but LU needs you to zone.  Oh, and the zones, they have lag lines.  Going either way, you hit one and you stop while it loads.  So their tiny little zones have zones in them. 

Oh, the zones? Yeah, they are instanced too.  Why? Too prevent overcrowding and lag issues!  Wonderful idea!  What?  Lag anyways?  No way!  Yes, yes, the game lags for no reason.  Not sure why.  My system exceeds the recommended on everything but the dual-core processor.  My sucky little p4 3ghz processor( yeah, min is p4 1.5 ghz according to package, 2.0 ghz on website - oops, truth in advertizing violation there) with a video card 12 steps above theirs has horrific lag.  I would like to blame it on the isp, but no, at 3am the isp runs like it's snorting meth like theres no end to it and LU still lags.  So either my video system sucks, the servers suck or the program sucks.

I digress, back to the zones.  So you got a couple friends and you all want to go to Forbidden Valley to kill the dragons for your quest.  Nice, but wait, can't form a group.  No biggie.  You manage to spell out your chat perfectly and tell them to meet you somewhere.  You wait, and wait and wait...and then you call them cuz now when you try to chat to them, it says they don't exist...but you were smart! You got their phone number (don't do that. It's stupid actually).  So you call GrumpyRabbitKiller and ask where he is.  And he swears he is RIGHT where you said to be.  You look...no just you....So you ask again and he swears he is RIGHT there! No neither of you is wrong.  You're both where you say, but you are there in seperate instances.  Cuz they instance the zones so there dont have overcrowding and lag (oops, fail).  And since you can't group with your freinds, you might go to a different instance.  So much for team work.

Graphics look amazingly like Lego Island, which is over ten years old...not sure what they felt the need to use old style graphics when the new Lego video games by Traveller's Tales had very nice graphics.  And the TT games run fantastic on my system.  Oh well, can't blame the lag on my video system now. 

Build your property.  Nice concept.  Very nice concept.  Would actually be fun if your minifig didnt have to carry EVERY single brick and place them themselves. And rotate them. Individually!  Sure you can make some really cool things...if you spent hour after hour after hour on them.  This is supposed to be a game, not a freakin full-time job.

UI, wow.  How badly can you make a simple UI?  How about...5 quick slots! Ok...not 50 which might be too many, but 5 could work.  I guess.  Oh what the heck is this! You can only use certain items in each slot.  Slot 1 main weapon, slot 2 off hand, slot 3 helmet ability, slot 4 shoulder item ability, slot 5 heals.  1 slot for heal items?  Ok, if you got 1 type of heals.  But NOOOOOOO.   You got speed buffs, heal health, repair armor, etc etc and you can only assign 1 at a time.

Not to mention, actually using the heal item is chancy.  Click click click, press 5 press 5 press 5.  Too late, you broke up.  Yep, lag or poor interface controls mean that you dont get to use your heals in a timely fashion.  Well, sometimes you do, but generally in my experience, if you need to heal, you may as well plan to break up.

Oh, hmm, I try to equip an item by d-clicking it, just like the instruction say, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen.  Ok, click some more, and more, finally the hell with it, click like a hundred times and pray it registered a d-click sometime in there.  Or maybe it just attaches the brand new level 3 faction armor you just bought to the cursor so that when you close the vendor screen it sells you armor back to the vendor....for a 10th of what you spent.  Thanks for that one.

Overall, 3/10 and it only gets 3 for what it promises.  What it delivers is a 1.

wpw  my eyes well i like the game despite what you say>< i like legos since i was 6 so i am playing it now with wife till star wars came out its fun game to me that is i guess that game was not for you :/. oh well next