Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question For Aion Subscribers ONLY!

Alb_SamuraiAlb_Samurai Member Posts: 10

As title states I want to ask actuall subscribers and don't want opinions from non-subs.

1) Is it too late to start Aion from scratch?

2) How is population in low levels and in general? If it's a ghost town I wont buy it.

3) Is Aion solo able game to reach level cap?

4) Is crafting worthwhile?

5) Is PvP a must or can be avoided till level cap? I am not a PvP MMORPG player, my PvP skills are for FPS not where gear > all.

If most answers are positive and you have a social guild I live EST timezone so let me know.

Thanks in advance.

---The Albanian Samurai---

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I was a subscriber, but no longer. And perhaps my reasons will be the same reasons you won't be interested in the game.

No, of course not. Game was even made more questing and solo friendly with updates.

2) How is population in low levels and in general? If it's a ghost town I wont buy it.

Not too many lowbies, but enough alts that you should find someone to group with here and there. But again, solo'ing has been improved greatly.

Yes. Still plenty of grinding to be had.

No. I mean, you can make some awesome stuff, but RNG crafting can be insanely frustrating. You can go from rich to broke because you tried to craft something.

5) Is PvP a must or can be avoided till level cap? I am not a PvP MMORPG player, my PvP skills are for FPS not where gear > all.

You'll get ganked. And gear matters.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

if it is too late for aion?i wonder how many years it has been too late for wow

yet brand spanking new player in wow keep poping in every day

so nope it isnt too late to start in aion ,now the insanity is fairly passed you  should get a relativly smooth ride

that being said you do know that in some area it is fairly hard to level because you need to pvp to progress so you might want to join a guild or whatever as fast as you can!

• NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Rusque

You'll get ganked. And gear matters.

^^^^ Made me laugh

I started my account up a few days ago just to give it another swing again. Rusque is right. Oh btw they have this thing called mentor I think. It causes high level players to run lowbies in "elite" places, so if your worried about the server population being too low at least you got that.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Originally posted by Alb_Samurai

As title states I want to ask actuall subscribers and don't want opinions from non-subs.

If most answers are positive and you have a social guild I live EST timezone so let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1. Nope.

2. It's pretty healthy, I always see groups for mid-level instances.

3. Yes, though you may find it considerably more grindy if you avoid group quests (you will not run out of solo quests though because there are some that can be repeated a bunch of times).

4. Yes, but the system greatly depends on luck in order to be profitable. They have added a lot of recipes that take normal outputs in order to make the greater output though (it means even if you are unlucky, after 3 non-crits you can use these normal results to make the critical one bypassing RNG). This has some limits though.

5. If you want to avoid PvP, you will have to avoid certain areas of the game though you will only have real issues with this on levels 40+ IF there is a rifting event going on (it means there will be no defensive buffs for your faction on its homeland, which is the mechanics they came up to prevent ganking on low-mid level areas, buffs strong enough to make you able to kill someone 10 levels above you and well-geared) and close to the level cap you will have to fully avoid areas of the map (there will be times it is safe though since the portal to invading enemy lands has a few conditions in order to be active, which may not be met during certain days).

I do not recommend the game if you want to fully avoid PvP as it is advertised as a PvPvE game.

• Alb_SamuraiAlb_Samurai Member Posts: 10

Thanks guys for your answers, I will give the trial a go and see how it goes.

---The Albanian Samurai---