Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

coming to eve for the first time?

HenchdwarfHenchdwarf Member UncommonPosts: 517

is it even possible? ive never played, i dont know anyone in game.  have i missed this boat? or is eve something i can start solo and make my way around? i keep hearing about how awsome the politics are, but is this essentially just for the well founded guilds at this point?

Comments

• DerebusDerebus Member Posts: 54

Anything is possible. The universe is yours. And everyone elses.

Future: WoD, SWTOR, Arche Age, Tera (maybe), GW2.
    Present: None.
    Past: Eve, RIFT, UO, bunch of F2P crap.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

you can join the game and run solo--after 1-2 months you got the rites skills for pvp or will be doing level 4 missions. See in eve u can do everything and anything you want. So no, you didnt miss the boat as its always picking up new folks and bringing them into are universe. Politics can be amusing, their is sum aliances who are doing very well, but they dont control anything but he 0.0 space they fought for. Truth is in eve everyday something changes, Nothing ever stays the same--sov-politics-markets..always changeing. Welcome to are world, enjoy your stay!

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

It's literally impossible to "miss the boat" in Eve. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you and or severely and incredibly misinformed. 

• wabben77wabben77 Member Posts: 47

Haven't missed the boat... it is just pretty tough to learn at first. I would recommend starting with a friend or finding a decent corp asap. You don't need a whole lot of skillpoints to make contributions to your corp, plus you can learn while you do ops with the corp! :)

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Cruoris

is it even possible? ive never played, i dont know anyone in game. 

Most definitely.

Originally posted by Cruoris

Is eve something i can start solo and make my way around?

Absolutely. Eventually you'll want to hook up with a corp, and indeed the game only gets better if you do, but EVE is defintely viable at first to solo while learning the basics of the game.

You have not missed the boat. At all. EVE is unlike the vast majority of MMOs out there in the sense that, if you have a focused training plan for what you want to do, you can be viable within a couple weeks. This is unlike what you find in other MMOs when you start fresh and first have to get max level, and then get geared, which can sometimes takes weeks, if not months. I'd go as far to say that EVE might just be one of the best MMOs out there for newbies who start fresh but want to be useful quickly.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I have 2 buddies starting out atm. I started about 8-9 months ago and I got settled in just fine.

The key, finding a good corp. You can start solo, but solo can be boring (unless you really really like soloing). Try to make some friends, join corp recruitment channel and find a spam that suits you.