Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why should you play EVE?

CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

I had the most amazing weekend yet in my short EVE career. My alliance the Imperial Republic of the North (I.R.O.N) decided to payback some southern alliances after repeated incursions on our territory. We are a small alliance controlling only 1 region and consisting of only 3 corps but we've quickly developed a reputation for being strong for our size.

The first part of the video is a preliminary frigate fleet. Lets call it an exploratory attack laying the groundwork for our larger fleet the next day. We got quite a few battleship kills and inflicted enough damage to make us all feel good.

The second part of the video is our battleship fleet the next day. On our way to their territory they gathered forces strong enough to repel us. Much to our surprise there was another smaller force wanting some action and heading down on another route. These guys at one point in the not so distant past were our enemies but in order to have some fun this night we let bygones be bygones and made a joint attack from 2 different directions. The enemy had a nice gate camp set up with multiple warp bubbles as you'll see. They outnumbered us roughly 96 to 55 which meant we had little chance of holding the ground. Jumping in to a camped gate being outnumbered will almost always insure that they will be the ones left standing. This is why not many Alliances will do what we did. Much to their surprise we gave them far more of a fight than they ever expected i'm sure. The battle raged for about 30 minutes. Out of the 150 ships involved 85 were destroyed. The kills on both sides were even but again they had the numbers so in a battle of even losses we lost. But everyone involved WON!

This is why you should play EVE! This is what the game is about! True this is not the norm but its well worth the wait when it happens. If anyone on this forum was a part of this battle i'd like to say thanks for the fun and i hope we get to do it again very very soon :).

Enjoy the video.

Kalened - E X O D U S (I.R.O.N)

The fight video

Comments

• ThugThug Member Posts: 25

yeah eve rocks!image

nice vid.. very nice fightingimage u guys did good.

one Q? why dont u say "look at" the target u are shooting at? image more fun for the wiewerimage

any way keep up the good work!

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Well the vid was made by a corp mate whom i hate for not having to warp out 4 times like i did LOL but yeah i wish he had effects on and "look at" the target. It's easy to sit back and critique afterwards but during the fight he had so many other things to worry about really.

• KredeKrede Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Copeland

I had the most amazing weekend yet in my short EVE career. My alliance the Imperial Republic of the North (I.R.O.N) decided to payback some southern alliances after repeated incursions on our territory. We are a small alliance controlling only 1 region and consisting of only 3 corps but we've quickly developed a reputation for being strong for our size.
    The first part of the video is a preliminary frigate fleet. Lets call it an exploratory attack laying the groundwork for our larger fleet the next day. We got quite a few battleship kills and inflicted enough damage to make us all feel good.
    The second part of the video is our battleship fleet the next day. On our way to their territory they gathered forces strong enough to repel us. Much to our surprise there was another smaller force wanting some action and heading down on another route. These guys at one point in the not so distant past were our enemies but in order to have some fun this night we let bygones be bygones and made a joint attack from 2 different directions. The enemy had a nice gate camp set up with multiple warp bubbles as you'll see. They outnumbered us roughly 96 to 55 which meant we had little chance of holding the ground. Jumping in to a camped gate being outnumbered will almost always insure that they will be the ones left standing. This is why not many Alliances will do what we did. Much to their surprise we gave them far more of a fight than they ever expected i'm sure. The battle raged for about 30 minutes. Out of the 150 ships involved 85 were destroyed. The kills on both sides were even but again they had the numbers so in a battle of even losses we lost. But everyone involved WON!
    This is why you should play EVE! This is what the game is about! True this is not the norm but its well worth the wait when it happens. If anyone on this forum was a part of this battle i'd like to say thanks for the fun and i hope we get to do it again very very soon :).
    Enjoy the video.
    Kalened - E X O D U S (I.R.O.N)
    The fight video

Nice Video ! imageimageimageimage

----------------------------
    Darkness is my Path

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Nice post, downloading the vid.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Very good vid. Yowsers, that's what it looks like to be outgunned... ;)

• localhostlocalhost Member Posts: 7

Nice vid Kalened.

LocalHost
    EXODUS