Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A three factions sci-fi MMO for 2011 ?

Fusei88Fusei88 Member Posts: 3

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Looks like it could be interesting, but judging by the website, this is a LONG way from launch, so I doubt it will be a Sci-Fi MMO for 2011, or even 2012....

We need more proper sci-fi mmo's though. Neocron and Planetside are dead, SWTOR is more StarWars than Sci-Fi if you get my drift and there doesnt seem to be anything else on the horizon....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by stragen001

Looks like it could be interesting, but judging by the website, this is a LONG way from launch, so I doubt it will be a Sci-Fi MMO for 2011, or even 2012....

From their website:

When will Prime launch?

Prime is targeted to launch in 2011.

I wouldn't doubt a hold-back as many games do it, but I *highly* doubt it'll surpass a 2012 release date.

• imagirl01imagirl01 Member Posts: 14

Not to sound like a dick or anything but this game's features are pretty direct rip offs from Global Agenda, with additional fluff classes.  I'm not saying GA is the best out there, its sorely lacking in exploration and extra-mission content, however the core features that this Prime game is based on is exactly the same.  Seeing how this game will cost money and GA does not, which would you play if the game features were pretty much the same?

I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://forums.primeonline.com/index.php?/topic/593-sending-phase-1-invites-today/

according to this they arent even in closed beta yet they are in the alphas

so it wont lunch before gw2

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

Just the Sci-Fi MMO genre is basically dead. There have been some Sci-Fi games that have come out but failed (Namely, Earthrise) and the MMOs that could pick both the Sci-Fi Genre up to the Fantasy level of sucess are still sort of in the future. Yes, I know we have EVE online and Perpetuum, but both are for a certain niche group of gamers who love the hardcore gameplay and nothing else. If we are looking for a Sci-Fi MMO to finally bridge the gap, we will most likely have to wait until 2012+ for a game like that to come out. I'm personally looking forward to Planetside 2.