Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People still play this game?

2»

Comments

• PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205
    image Ive been playing for about a year and 3 months. From what ive seen in my ti,e playing is that it is inflated but Im not sure how bad it is. An example from the AH is Crawler Cactus which go for about 1.4k nowdays. I baught my centurian sword a month ago for like 25k gil.

----------------Signature------------------
    Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

Private Message me about it!

• looploop Member Posts: 79
    I still play and i enjoy it being  lvl 34 now.

In my field of paper flowers, candy clouds of lullaby. I lay inside myself for hours, and watch my purple sky fly over me. ~*Evanescence*~

• ageofdarknesageofdarknes Member Posts: 2
    all of youll who quit will anyone helpme with my wedding and loan/giv me some gil i dont have enough
  • gthprincegthprince Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Arkio
    dosent the economy suck tho?

Yeah Arkio Unfortunally these guys are no EQ guys where they made an economy that was stable ... in the matter of 3 months I have seen shihe ( ninja tool ) go from being between 5k to 30k okay now for any of you guys that dont know that isn't a very stable market lol.

And as far as botters go ect ect ect ... They wont be able to get rid of them because no matter what they do some one will always find a way to get around it ... the only way they can is if they had POL close every thing that wasnt needed by the computer to run ... and by doing that you would lose any thing you had open ... and even with that its a sure shot to work because then they will just find a way to get around pol X.x

------------------------------------
    Name: Gthprince
    Mos frequent job: 46Thf/23nin , 28nin/14war
    -=Run run as fast as you can you'll never catch me I'm the gingerbread man.=-

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by Akirru

Ramadin, how far into the game did you get in your time here?
    With this game, you'll probably notice that it is more end-game oriented, or at least a 'higher' level. There has never been a game that I have played as long as this. Though, sometimes I wonder why I still play, because explaining FFXI's features to someone else makes it sound like a long grind, no reason to play. In all honesty, I've found an endless amount of activities to take part in, especially with my Linkshell or other friends.
    I guess it takes a certain state of mind to see the true qualities of FFXI..*cough maturity *cough*, and if you really get into the game, join a linkshell, and do missions and whatnot with them, you'll have many hours of enjoyable time spent.
    Also, I had quit for quite a while a few months back, and wondered if many people still played after WoW had first come out. But I've got to say, SE has made many great improvements, and I really feel 'at home' when I'm playing the game.
    All I can say is, if you're too lazy to do anything, which I'm sure many of you are (not all!), you probably won't like FFXI because it takes a long time, and effort to get almost anywhere in the game, but once you have friends that you can do things with, it's much more enjoyable. You may think this is true with all MMORPGs, but due to the style of gameplay of FFXI, you seem to get really close with your buddies.
    One last note, DON'T JUDGE THE GAME AFTER ONLY A FEW HOURS/DAYS OF GAMEPLAY. It gets better. =)

See the thing isnt the amount of content, I could give a crap less if the END GAME is totally sweet.  Why would i want to waste my time and life playing a sucky game with sucky controls, mobs that all look the same and character models that all look the same just to play the end game??? Um no.

-----------------Censored------------------

• CecialCecial Member Posts: 4

I played this game for 6-7 months and then quit about 7 months ago because of various personnel things going on at the time. I do have to admit though i really do miss the game but just because the way the economy is i would never go back. I am now embarked upon a quest to find the "right mmorpg" play it, and reach the lvl cap before the economy goes bad.

I figure the best route is to join a good mmorpg when its just been released. 

• lightning13lightning13 Member Posts: 58

I agree...people are nicer at the beginning of a mmorpg...then they start to get mean and such, which makes it boring and you leave and find another one, and then you do it again and that makes a cycle.

• Takai001Takai001 Member Posts: 248

I'm thinking about getting this game.

Mustache is a cat
    That has to go to the vet
    Do your taxes now

• damian8damian8 Member Posts: 3
    i just bought the game not even a 3 weels ago but i have not been able to play yet 
  • ganon89ganon89 Member Posts: 40

is this game worth getting/ i have never palyed it but it looks really good and i have soem friends at school who play it and tehy say that it is a good game.

• TansTans Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by lightning13
    people are nicer at the beginning of a mmorpg...then they start to get mean and such

That's because, at later levels, everyone thinks they are better than everyone else.

This goes for all MMORPGs, not FFXI alone.

---------------------------------------
    Why are you reading this? This is crap compared to what's above.

• bhagamubhagamu Member Posts: 425

According to the Fifth Vanadiel census, taken a few weeks ago, there are 500,000 registered players in FFXI.

Newest post on the Playonline blog said that there was an unexpected population boom :)

www.draftgore.com
    Gore '08