Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Aion's end game pve content exist?

NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

I'm almost done with my list of mmos to try/retry. I know I liked Aion's leveling content when I started, but I play for end game content.

So what's truth with Aions end game pve content? Is it any good?

Comments

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Not playing Aion currently but I am also thinking about subbing again.

From what I heard , recent 2,5 and 2,6 and earlier patches (don't know when you unsubbed) were focusing on PvE way more , so AFAIK there is much more PvE to do than when game started. I haven't researched this but from what I heard there are pve instances and even raids atm.

Aion developers are stating that they want to balance game equally between pvp and pve and that future patches will try to deliver relatively equal amount of pvp and pve content.

• NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

In the same boat as you buddy. I stoped after only a month after release.

Guess it might be worthwhile to resub for a month and check it out then. I heard like from everhwhere that game is  better now than at release.

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251

Ressubed about 2 months ago. Wasted money. Same thing. +5 lvls you get new isntances to grind 100000x. TO jsut get 0.01% chance to get gear. Or farm dredgion and fort instances for ap gear.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

Not to start crap but the above poster is full of crap. Exp from quests and monsters have changed, and with the double exp week youll be surfin threw those lvls. and gear has a better chance then .01% chance to drop. dont speak unless you knowwhat your talking about.

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by DrDream

Not to start crap but the above poster is full of crap. Exp from quests and monsters have changed, and with the double exp week youll be surfin threw those lvls. and gear has a better chance then .01% chance to drop. dont speak unless you knowwhat your talking about.

So telling tuth is "full of crap". and drops are indeed around 0.01% check drop research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by ruonim

So telling tuth is "full of crap". and drops are indeed around 0.01% check drop research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, he was right you are full of crap you fool. The new instances dont drop loot you moron they drop points that you spend on vendors outside so the newest dungeons have no RNG what so ever. The more rounds you survive the more points you get.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by ruonim

Yep, you're basically full of crap.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

with 2.6 aion is supposed to loonk very good

last i heard they had a flying pvp thing very elaborate

but for some reason people rarelly fly during those even anymore

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

aion's worth the retry to me.  I liked it a lot, i like LOTR better mainly because of the community on Landroval.  But  if i wasn't playing LOTR, i'd be playing aion as my other mmo (see my sig).

my main complaint was that, like rift, your alts all go through the same opening levels and it gets repetitive.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Originally posted by itchmon

aion's worth the retry to me.  I liked it a lot, i like LOTR better mainly because of the community on Landroval.  But  if i wasn't playing LOTR, i'd be playing aion as my other mmo (see my sig).

my main complaint was that, like rift, your alts all go through the same opening levels and it gets repetitive.

Erm in Lotro they also go through same levels.

Sure Elf&Dwarfs have their opening levels and Hobbits&Humans their, but so Defiants have their and Guardians their own in Rift....

• NewmoonNewmoon Member UncommonPosts: 126

You don't even have to resub to retry. I did the free trial, and about 4 hours into it I decided it was worth buying and subbing for a  month. I've been enjoying it, especially since I would have chosen Asmodai anyway (red flashing eyes, yum:) ) Asmodaians get an XP bonus, more loot in the surveys, I got a stack of FIFTY extra 50% xp 1 hour tokens, and we get cheaper taxes etc.

Apparently they decided the races were unbalanced, so they want people to roll dark side. I avoided the game when it was released, because I heard it was grindy and boring. I'm enjoying more than I did Rift. The difference is, I can roll both races on the same server in Rift, but only 1 in Aion. Rolling alts will be a nightmare.

Thanks for the info so far!!! */bow down to those that care enough to post*

Does anyone have experiance of how hard this end game pve content is and how much of it there is? I think I can get over low drop rates tbh.

Oh P.S.

I would make this post in Aion's forums, but for some reason I can't log on the forum website (only the account website works for me).

AFAIK, I think I had to register with the forums, but it's under account info to enable it- I could be confusing it with AoC. I can use the forums, and ingame info is posted (char name etc). It may be that you register then link it.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Nytris

Thanks for the info so far!!! */bow down to those that care enough to post*

Does anyone have experiance of how hard this end game pve content is and how much of it there is? I think I can get over low drop rates tbh.

Oh P.S.

I would make this post in Aion's forums, but for some reason I can't log on the forum website (only the account website works for me).

You need to be a subscriber to be able to post on the Aion forums.

I was able to post while having a trial account, before I upgraded, because I had a ton of questions.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Newmoon

I was able to post while having a trial account, before I upgraded, because I had a ton of questions.

Oh I'm lost then :) I wasn't able to login to post anymore once my sub ran out a few weeks ago.

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

The OP touches an interesting subject! :D

How is the Aion endgame?

Is it pvp, pve OR a healthy mix of those (BOTH PVP AND* PVE 50/50) ?

God I hope its not all pvp and nothing else ;(

thx for the answers,

im asking coz Aion is one of the few games (mmos) that im currently considering subbing to.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Krelian

How is the Aion endgame?

thx for the answers,

im asking coz Aion is one of the few games (mmos) that im currently considering subbing to.

im playing it again since reactivation weeks (somewhere on the past june).

PvP- its still more or less zerg, dredgions (my favourite are some old dredgions - i have a twink chanterL50), some weeks on rifts on beluslan/heiron -without defensive buffs, and of course those sieges (mass zergVersus Zerg), some ganks on baulaurea

PvE- its far away the best game right now to play and enjoy, and as someone told before its now possible to aquire the BEST GEAR  from Empyriam crucible or crucible challenge -solo instance  (patch 2,6-with less thhan 1 week) by earning insignias and exchanging for gear.

Or as i told on old posts the very best feature introduced on 2.5 - the mentor system that gives you the easy way to help and get helped and earn very nice end level gear L45 and L55 and some eternal acessories,

Theres lot to do on endgame or leveling (instances raids, crucible , and world huge bosses, those you really need an army of people...)

The nasty thing for me and for a lot of people its still the awfull RNG - manastones and enchantment stones, well theres nothing perfect these days..........

and Delian sorcerer on spatalos (i think he hax a lot), cause its godstones always procs on aoe spells?!?%&#

Thanks for the post above ^^^

I still can't log on the forum website. I even tried to make a new account..

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Krelian

How is the Aion endgame?

thx for the answers,

It has some PvE endgame, but the PvE endgame is mostly to gear you up for the pvp. I like Aions endgame cuz the raid gear has meaning unlike world of warcraft where raid gear is pretty much not worth bothering with. IMO best gear to pvp with should come from raids in any mmorpg. To this day I still think Aion next to DAoC has the best overall endgame, raid for gear then go kill other players with that raid gear, and take over their land!

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

TBH i really hate all the freaking PvE content that they are putting in this game now.  It makes people just stay in their PvE cubby holes instead of coming out and PvP'ing which is what this game is supposed to be about.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

all this week without defensive buffs on beluslan or heiron i am playing pvp (groups of 3 or 6 players), and enjoying a lot, well sometimes on beluslan you see a zerg of L55´s coming to kill us, but this is a pvp game take it or leave it, it was been quite fun this week playing old style rift pvp...........

• SkittylolSkittylol Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

TBH i really hate all the freaking PvE content that they are putting in this game now.  It makes people just stay in their PvE cubby holes instead of coming out and PvP'ing which is what this game is supposed to be about.

Players who want to PvE will only sub to the game and mainly play for PvE.  Players who want PvP, will do some PvE (w/e is required for PvP Abyss Points) to get some there and will PvP w/e possible.  It's very close-minded to state that the game should not push out more content just because the PvErs will "only play PvE."  What you have said is a very dimwitted statement.  They are trying to bring more players into the game, and more PvE content will do that.  Players (like me) like to have a MMO that hits both PvE and PvP evenly without overly doing it on one.

The PvE content in this game (what they have) is quite impressive.  Solo instances are fun to do while they are off cooldown, to take you away from the grind.  If you have 1,000,000 people on 1 server and 600,000 of them only like PvP, they will only PvP unless the PvE benefits them in an exaggerated way in PvP (like legendaries in WoW).  While 300,000 people will try and balance both and the last 100,000 will only PvE.  You're only looking at the small picture.  Open your eyes, you'll see that bringing in more people is also better for you.

TL;DR

PvPers will PvP.  PvErs will PvE.  You will always have a good base of players who want a balance between the two.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by pedrostrik

The nasty thing for me and for a lot of people its still the awfull RNG - manastones and enchantment stones, well theres nothing perfect these days..........

It really is hands down the worst thing about the game.  It needs to be addressed for the NA version badly.