Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you want new (Calling || Class Souls|| Races) ?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Which would you like to see added in a future major update?

*new Class Soul

*new Calling

*new Races

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my idea for a new Calling. I call it Engineer Calling. and it has many soul ideas. So I figured, there is still room for more calling, and not just more souls added to the current callings.

Also I felt the Races in Rift, just feel so mirriored across the factions. The game suppose to have 6 playable races, but truth of it is, it only has 4 different races (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Big things[forgot their name])

I want some unique looking races, that are cool to look at. I would like some more Brute looking races like Orcs and maybe something strange, like the Gibbering from Allod online. Maybe a Humanoid Cat race like DnD and GW. I dont really care, as long as its unique and different.

WoW has many different races, yet none of them mimic each other. No even the Human and the Forsaken mimic each other. Well why cant we have this in Rift?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

dragon kind race

serpent kin race would be a nice change maybe if it isnt in there already

im reading a book and those are in it

both race sound very very evil in the book

imagine those 2 evil race fight big monsters of a demon invading by portal that were made by ally that didnt want to lose battle guess what they were enslaved by the demon

wonder how gameplay would work out if say our ally serpent or dragon was enslaved by a demon

probably would need to rescue him,how the eck do you rescue a soul(since the demon hate the body and enslaved the soul

(no going beside their gods .the demon is those soul gods.from what i have read so far they like to pick at soul to find out secret

burk.kind of scary game when you think about it!

sorry that book is vary good.my taught were wondering !

• NytrisNytris Member Posts: 42

Adding a new race is the only logical path I see out of those three. If they want to add any new calling or souls, then they gotta get their asses into high gear and start tearing and rebuilting what they got first. Their soul system is just way too out of balance to add anything new, but that's just my opinion

Edit: they could really use a short race on Defiants, and a bulky one on guardians.

• lectrocudalectrocuda Member Posts: 604

how about new starting zones?

Then I would probably get back in the game

To the caterpillar it is the end of the world, to the master, it is a butterfly.

• Master_M2KMaster_M2K Member Posts: 244

The game needs a new faction, not just a new race, class or calling. Adding a race is kind of pointless when races don't really add much (no one uses race skills & the resistance each race gets is pretty minor). Adding a new class or calling is pretty redundant, since the current set-up pretty much has everything covered and just needs some fine tuning.

So yeah, Trion needs to get a 3rd Faction in there and figure out how to crowbar them into the lore, especially now that they are trying to put a bigger focus on World PvP.

• cagarcagar Member Posts: 98
    Gnomes!!!! Just kidding.
    If i were incharge of trion this would be my main goals for next big patch/ expansion
    A 3rd faction would really make things interesting in pvp.
    2 New starting areas for current factions, and 2 starting areas for the 3rd
    2 new warfronts.
    New dungeons.( would try to squeaze in 3 at a minimum)
    I would redo the map a bit for the 3rd faction on the current content
    A 2nd continent would be added that has somehow appeared due to a major event
    Caused when a major catastrophe happened when the defiant were testing a new weapon
    Trying to use rifts in their favor. That's where the 3rd faction comes in also.
    Just ideas tho.

70 monk eq1
    80 bruiser eq2
    43 druid wow
    Currently playing : rift

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Well Bahmi are supposed to be from the Plane of Air so I can imagine other races coming through. Maybe a Sylvari type race from the plane of life?? Some type of fire based life form??

I mean they already made room for it with the Bahmi joining the defiant.

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

I personally would love to see all of the above, lol....a new race, with a whole new class < hybrid of some kind with various roles like say a MONK >  and new souls for each already in game.  This would be a Huge undertaking for the game designers, adding this kind of content requires it work with all existing game code....Very HUGE indeed, not a simple weekend update.

But if   they added a Monk, thats about all i would play...........currently i am a MONK playing other classes till i am recognized and allowed to play myself! =)

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

lol come on ..Plane of Life guys...Trion do it first real fast before ArenaNET releases it

Guild Wars 2 sylvari