Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Asian does Aion look sound and feel ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I really don't like Asian music, That would be my only deciding factor between this or Rift. I've watched several YouTube videos but whats your opinion ?

Comments

• TokyojoeTokyojoe Member Posts: 49

Like firecracker paper.

I may know the least here,but I am the loudest about what I do know.

• been_therebeen_there Member Posts: 5

aion feels like a wow clone, lots of content and stuff to do where as asian wow clones fail as that want money - more than it cost to play a subscription to say epic each month.

if you base your expeirence on asia , aion + wow has 50 differnt models that will cost u more. any asian game that looks and plays like wow is a copy, the west invented the world rest still following ....

my experience ,, im not a wow fan but i cant knock wow,  i dont like aion played the 2.5 patch to 45lvl , just not my kind of game quest info tho helpfull isnt and u spend more time on google trying to resolve the quest, atleast ad web browser like eve has to help players.

if u played lots of clones than this game feel asian , ,, like a fire cracker <--- true

peace

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Originally posted by been_there

aion feels like a wow clone, lots of content and stuff to do where as asian wow clones fail as that want money - more than it cost to play a subscription to say epic each month.

if you base your expeirence on asia , aion + wow has 50 differnt models that will cost u more. any asian game that looks and plays like wow is a copy, the west invented the world rest still following ....

my experience ,, im not a wow fan but i cant knock wow,  i dont like aion played the 2.5 patch to 45lvl , just not my kind of game quest info tho helpfull isnt and u spend more time on google trying to resolve the quest, atleast ad web browser like eve has to help players.

if u played lots of clones than this game feel asian , ,, like a fire cracker <--- true

peace

nice 3rd post.  u can go back to wow now...I hear they are down 300k subs of late...

enjoy.

• Tyvolus1Tyvolus1 Member Posts: 815

Originally posted by page

I really don't like Asian music, That would be my only deciding factor between this or Rift. I've watched several YouTube videos but whats your opinion ?

music in AION has a very western flavor/feel to it.  I personally love it.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

arenanet got the job of westernising aion(they did a fair job)since it wasnt even their project and i bet arenanet hadnt planned on working on ncsoft toy!

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

The game is a grind. Now whether that is a good thing or a bad thing completely depends on your personal preference.

• been_therebeen_there Member Posts: 5

theres only a few games where pvp works, wow aion , no no ,,, both dont even know how to use the hot bar,

+ i dont like wow , rather play anarchy online, much more tech , if u know how to play ,,, bye

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Originally posted by been_there

peace

I'm still playing Aion on and off. I'm currently online lvl 49 but I have to say while lvling I only had to look up a few quests. If you can't figured out quests in Aion you need to quit this genre and go play console games.

• ChilliesauceChilliesauce Member Posts: 559

Well it is an asian game and in terms of feel it is as Asian as it can get. But i like the music though. Eventhough i couldn't get into it since Asian MMOs do not appeal me.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the main issue i got with most game is this

seperating asian from the rest of the world

often seperating asia itself from the rest of the world

i am sorry if the game cant truelly be global(ph,sing,cn,japan etc etc etc cant be together in the same game, then dont publish it!

yes i know there will be different servers but i want to bump into all nation on my server

is this too much to ask ,i sure hope not !

like wow there are 6 million player in asia at least ,have you even bumper into a chinese,ph,jp etc!

nope?see what i mean it shouldnt be liuke this.player wont go in empty server

they dont mind if they dont understand each other contrary to popular belief it just keeps you on your toe

espacially when you have lot of faction and lot of open world pvp like say aika!

but as great as this is it only works if the game is unblocked in any way shape or form for most nation already being suported by the game!

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I just started playing AION and the character models definitely look Asian, kind of anime-ish.  However, the character customization is so extreme that you could probably make yourself look like anything or anyone.  Really extensive customization possibilities in that game.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Well, let's put it this way, I despise the music in most of the really "asian" games and I can put up with the music in Aion. Some of it's ok, some of it's very much not to my taste but its' not quite as syrupy or sappy as other games I've tried.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Can we change the wording of Asian to Eastern Influence.....being asian myself I feel its a little bit racist.......

I know you guys aren't actually being discriminatory, but just honestly looking at the title, how asian does Aion look? Aion doesn't look asian at all.

One race is purple skinned, other is normal human colour, the combat is still hotkey, you can fly, leveling process take a little bit longer than WoW, thats about the difference you get in terms of gameplay. Story is nothing special, but what mmorpg is anyways (GO SWTOR and GW2 :P) The only thing that is different is the art style, which is eastern influenced fantasy.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• disciplinediscipline Member Posts: 44

the fact that you have asked the question should give you the answer

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Can we change the wording of Asian to Eastern Influence.....being asian myself I feel its a little bit racist.......

I know you guys aren't actually being discriminatory, but just honestly looking at the title, how asian does Aion look? Aion doesn't look asian at all.

One race is purple skinned, other is normal human colour, the combat is still hotkey, you can fly, leveling process take a little bit longer than WoW, thats about the difference you get in terms of gameplay. Story is nothing special, but what mmorpg is anyways (GO SWTOR and GW2 :P) The only thing that is different is the art style, which is eastern influenced fantasy.

Sorry. I will try to do better with that.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i belive there is a free trial, see for yourself.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Im not sure how associating an art style (Anime) and a presentation style that flat out  mimics asian culture and values with the race of people whom it was developed or influenced by is a even a little "bit racist".  It is my opinion that asking people to find some other way to associate a games influences other than referencing the race of people whom the influnence originated from is just well..........I dont know im almost speechless.

To answer the orginal posters question.  I would say the games pacing, animations, sound effects. art syle, quest writings cultural and social influences clealy hail from the opposite side of the planet..  Other than the fact they are both MMO's based on recieving quests leveling and killing things, the gameworlds left completely different impressions on me . The difference in delivery was  as different as a  John Wayne  Jackie Chan double feature........ducks and hides from racist police.......

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i belive there is a free trial, see for yourself.

This, and as well as for Rift.

• shozikushoziku Member UncommonPosts: 95

many parts of Aion are incredibly asian, like the character movements and player customization as well as many of the voiceovers and sound effects.  The NPC's have pretty good spoken english and quest dialogs but the concepts they convey are definitely asian and not western.  (honor, family, clan based thought)  

Let's get back to the movement.  Stances and movement are not natural to western culture, at all.  The men stand gay and make movements akin to a proud asshole shogun posing like a statue.  the female animations for just standing, blushing, looking around, running, talking, screaming... all asian influenced.  A running female does not flail arms and run with knees together in western culture.  Looks like an anime japanese schoolgirl

the music is very good and creates a great feeling for immersion.  The music does not seem to make any cultural statements other than it's own.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by shoziku

many parts of Aion are incredibly asian, like the character movements and player customization as well as many of the voiceovers and sound effects.  The NPC's have pretty good spoken english and quest dialogs but the concepts they convey are definitely asian and not western.  (honor, family, clan based thought)  

Let's get back to the movement.  Stances and movement are not natural to western culture, at all.  The men stand gay and make movements akin to a proud asshole shogun posing like a statue.  the female animations for just standing, blushing, looking around, running, talking, screaming... all asian influenced.  A running female does not flail arms and run with knees together in western culture.  Looks like an anime japanese schoolgirl

the music is very good and creates a great feeling for immersion.  The music does not seem to make any cultural statements other than it's own.

Great shoziku,

I understand how Aion is now, very loud and clear thanks :)

Originally posted by snapfusion

One race is purple skinned, other is normal human colour, the combat is still hotkey, you can fly, leveling process take a little bit longer than WoW, thats about the difference you get in terms of gameplay. Story is nothing special, but what mmorpg is anyways (GO SWTOR and GW2 :P) The only thing that is different is the art style, which is eastern influenced fantasy. <---this is funny.

Im not sure how associating an art style (Anime) and a presentation style that flat out  mimics asian culture and values with the race of people whom it was developed or influenced by is a even a little "bit racist".  It is my opinion that asking people to find some other way to associate a games influences other than referencing the race of people whom the influnence originated from is just well..........I dont know im almost speechless.

Agree with Snap.

Kingdom,  if you know that we aren't "ACTUALLY BEING DISCRIMINATORY", there isn't a real problem.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

It feels like a hooker from I'taewon =D

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by caremuchless

One race is purple skinned, other is normal human colour, the combat is still hotkey, you can fly, leveling process take a little bit longer than WoW, thats about the difference you get in terms of gameplay. Story is nothing special, but what mmorpg is anyways (GO SWTOR and GW2 :P) The only thing that is different is the art style, which is eastern influenced fantasy. <---this is funny.

Agree with Snap.

Kingdom,  if you know that we aren't "ACTUALLY BEING DISCRIMINATORY", there isn't a real problem.

Except when people are starting to comment like this

"The men stand gay and make movements akin to a proud asshole shogun posing like a statue.  the female animations for just standing, blushing, looking around, running, talking, screaming... all asian influenced."

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

I hope I'm not the ONLY person here who commented about the "eastern influenced" terminology nicely and without ADDING to what already felt racist to someone Asian that is ON the forums.  Looking back over the posts....oh gee....yes, I guess I am.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  He/she just asked that we please be more thoughtful when using the word "Asian."  And what...that's too DIFFICULT for us collectively to DO?

Seriously. Can we not have enough maturity on these forums to be considerate when nicely asked?

Originally posted by caremuchless

Agree with Snap.

Except when people are starting to comment like this

"The men stand gay and make movements akin to a proud asshole shogun posing like a statue.  the female animations for just standing, blushing, looking around, running, talking, screaming... all asian influenced."

lol thats funny.